It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few thoughts for those who think engaging Iran militarily would be disastrous for America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Our pastor says that until Jesus returns, armed conflicts are inevitable
and they will increase in scope and magnitude until that day arrives.
I suggest that everyone just focus doing the best they can for their
families and let things play out as they're destined to on the world scene.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust

How can you focus if theres bombs blowing up outside your home?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

Great pictures

Iran looks like any other modern country. And some of those Iranian babes look hot!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Where have I heard this before?

A few thoughts for those who think engaging the Jews militarily would be disastrous for Germany

I keep seeing comments illuding to some type of mythical devastation for Germany if it engages the Jews (and possible Jewish allies) militarily.

Apparently there are a few people around who still don't quite comprehend the true strength and might of the German Third Reich. I'm unsure if it comes from actual stupidity and ignorance, or just a refusal to acknowledge the truth because you don't want to flatter a country you hate.

Quite frankly, the Germans if backed by other nations (which it would be) could annihilate the Jews and their buddies just as easily as they obliterated Poland's entire former government. If you disagree, you're naive and hardly perceptive of actual reality.

Militarily, technologically and economically the combined might of the Third Reich and it's freedom loving, democracy defending allies are an invincible force that no foe or group of foes on Earth could withstand.

And don't even bother to preach to me about Russia and the United Kingdom potentially working together at some future point to defeat us either, see the preceeding paragraph above.

Going further, say hypothetically that Germany were to go it alone against the Jews without help from friends, it could still simultaneously trample over multiple non-Aryan nations at once if it felt the need to do so. The Jews and any sympathetic neighbors they could recruit to it's side wouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hell. Germany may suffer casualties but the other side will suffer annihilation if it comes down to all out war.

Germany was already prepared to wage multiple wars simultaneously when the Sudetenland controversy was heating up, do you really think this country doesn't know it's current and modern capabilities? Germany knows it's capabilities and it knows it's limitations as well so to the leaders of all nations, I say underestimate this country at your own peril.

You people talk so much about the "disaster" it would be for Germany if it decides to engage the Jews militarily. You are completely out of touch with reality if you honestly think so. Are you really so incapable of adequately assessing the history of world events over the past 200+ years???

Stop hoping so much for the devastation of Germany because in actuality what you're praying for is the effective annihilation of Planet Earth. Or do you naively believe that Germany could dare be brought to it's knees without slamming her enemies face first in the dirt in the process.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great post! Common sense is rare in these parts..lol.....Iran would fall in days, let the people put a new government in power. If it turns out to be the same.....Hit them again..On and on. These terrorists only learn with pain. Bring them to their knees and they will obey.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You make it sound like a cake walk with no repercussions.

Let me explain the reality of attacking Iran and Syria.
1. Yes the US could do MAJOR damage to both countries via air strikes and missile strikes.
2. Both Iran and Syria can hit US targets in Iraq with biological, chemical and dirty missiles.
3. Both Iranian and Syrian special forces would start striking allied targets where ever possible.
4. The price of oil would SKYROCKET in the US causing at minimum a major recession.
5. Russia may decide to openly supply Iran and Syria with new defensive missile systems and remote piloted bombers.
6. There would be open raids into Iraq from Iranian special forces which would further de-stabilize the region.

Yes we could bomb Iran back to the stone age but what would be the consequences to our military personnel and our economy ?

The US would become further isolated in the world.

The US is currently fighting a war on 2 fronts and engaged clandestine operations in many other countries.
Our service members are servicing the longest terms in US history already. What will happen if we declare war against yet another country?

Maybe you should think about the cost in human lives a bit more before banging the war drums.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Great post! Common sense is rare in these parts..lol.....Iran would fall in days, let the people put a new government in power. If it turns out to be the same.....Hit them again..On and on. These terrorists only learn with pain. Bring them to their knees and they will obey.

Please tell me when we were attacked by Iranian terrorists sponsored by the government?

Look we all know the president of Iran is a serious nutjob but there's alot of that going around lately.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman

Second, we would annihalte Iran's military in 1-3 days.

I can gurantee that's not going to happen without nukes, and if you use nuke's you will get some your self. I think it takes USA maybe 2 to 3 months to do it without nukes, but you will lost lot of things by then.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

John_Q_Llama wrote:
I hate to break it to you, but Iran is a beautiful, technologically developed, and richly historical nation. Look for pictures of Iran on Google. You'll find all sorts of cool stuff to look at. But if that's too much work, here's some links to things you don't see or hear about in our supposedly "fair and balanced" media.

Great post and nice pictures
Unfortunately as far these Bush supporters and warmongers are concerned your probably wasting your time. These people dont appreciate beauty or other cultures. The only thing that motivates these people is materialism, wealth, ignorance, hatred, death and destruction. Thankfully they are a minority and hopefully it will stay that way. I for one will be seriously p***** if America attacks Iran and does to Iran what they did to Iraq.

To all those warmongers who dont think your actions have consequences. Then your living with your heads in the ground. You reap what you sow and what goes around, comes around, regardless of how technologically advanced you are.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I can gurantee that's not going to happen without nukes, and if you use nuke's you will get some your self. I think it takes USA maybe 2 to 3 months to do it without nukes, but you will lost lot of things by then.

Are you kidding me? Allow us to fight a conventional war the way wars are supposed to be fought...mean, dirty, nasty and fast.....They would fall in 3 days. There is no doubt in my mind that this is true. Everyone keeps talking about us being at war in Iraq for all these years. Let me explain something....That war has been over for years. We are a peace keeping force there now. Doing the job of the UN...again and again and again.

The more the story changes, the more it stays the same.

link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

You know, the Iranians overthrew their own government in the 70s - a monarchy that had been widely supported by the Americans. Don't be so quick to assume the people of Iran want change. Last time they wanted it, they took it themselves.

Post-war Iran would be open-revolt against the Americans. Iran is not Iraq. It is modern, progressive, and tolerant.

link   
Yes, a 3 day bombing campaign would do a lot of damage but Cheneys own people don't think it would guarantee that their nuclear program would be destroyed. The only way to guarantee that would be to use tactical nuclear bunker busters. Doesn't that seem like a bad idea to anyone? Launching a first strike on yet ANOTHER country but this time using nukes?

Our current administration is failing our troops in 2 countries and now you would like us to needlessly sacrifice our troops in a third country? These men and women have families that won't have mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters because of yet another bad call.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
The only way to guarantee that would be to use tactical nuclear bunker busters. Doesn't that seem like a bad idea to anyone? Launching a first strike on yet ANOTHER country but this time using nukes?

That's not only a bad idea, it's a hypocritical one as well. Nuking a country for supposedly wanting nukes. What the...?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst

Are you kidding me? Allow us to fight a conventional war the way wars are supposed to be fought...mean, dirty, nasty and fast.....They would fall in 3 days. There is no doubt in my mind that this is true. Everyone keeps talking about us being at war in Iraq for all these years. Let me explain something....That war has been over for years. We are a peace keeping force there now. Doing the job of the UN...again and again and again.

The more the story changes, the more it stays the same.

You are foolish, are you telling me that you can kill 18.000.000 soldiers in 3 days armed to the teeth, and very very proud of their nation. Your soldiers would be decimated, this is the reason why you are so foolish DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOU CAN JUST WALK THERE AND PEOPLE WILL NOT FIGHT BACK, i don't think your tech will help you much to be honest.

I can guarantee that all your carrier groups would sink in the first day, this is well known fact that all military strategist agree on. I would like to see your patriot system's trying to fight against superior Russian missile tech (Also proven fact that russians are far ahead with missile tech).

I'm waiting this war really badly, i'm sorry i feel this way and it is quite brutal and idiotic i must say. I just can't wait to see USA getting hurt.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
These kinds of ignorace posts from Americans, just makes me really wan't to show them, that they are not that superior. Your empire is going down, and you can blame your attitude for it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I was about to post something on this topic, then I found your reply. But you basically wrote almost all I intended to write - and even some more. My commendations!

Well, I guess I should add some of my own thoughts. Wars are won or lost on a strategic level, but most people often think only about defeating enemy's army, and that is mostly a matter of tactics. If one forgets to calculate all the consequences, good and bad alike, and take them into consideration, he is paving a road for his own ultimate defeat. Especially when one underestimates his foe and his willingness to fight.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

These kinds of ignorace posts from Americans, just makes me really wan't to show them, that they are not that superior. Your empire is going down, and you can blame your attitude for it.

Please understand there is a difference between the american people and the current US administration. most americans would like to see Bush and Cheney impeached.

Your attitude is just as bad as what you're accusing america of. Just because a few loudmouth war mongers on here are talking without thinking, you are assuming all americans are like that. We are not.

Most americans DO NOT want a war or even to attack Iran.
Most americans want us out of Iraq.

So please do not group us all into a empire building, war mongering society.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry but your pastor doesn't know what he's talking about. Doesn't he believe in the whole "FREE WILL" thing?

The only thing inevitable is death. If people try to actively change what's going on instead of sitting back and feeling helpless, then many conflicts could be solved.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Please understand there is a difference between the american people and the current US administration. most americans would like to see Bush and Cheney impeached.

Your attitude is just as bad as what you're accusing america of. Just because a few loudmouth war mongers on here are talking without thinking, you are assuming all americans are like that. We are not.

Most americans DO NOT want a war or even to attack Iran.
Most americans want us out of Iraq.

So please do not group us all into a empire building, war mongering society.

Thanks.

I apologize, it was not my intention to insult all Americans. I do love American culture, movies and all that. It is just that your Administration is rotten and my post was ment for those idiotic posts, some of your country men post. I have many intelligent American friends and i do respect most Americans. Sometimes it's just hard to control your self when your emotions are taking over you, i hope you understand what i mean. I hate racism and don't wan't to be part of it, sometimes i still find my self doing it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinhatman
Second, we would annihalte Iran's military in 1-3 days.

I agree with most things you wrote in this post, but I suggest you check out operation Allied Force:

Allied force - Defenselink.mil
Allied force - Wiki

It took roughly 80 days to bomb Serbia under Milosevic's rule into submission. And it is a small country, compared to Iran.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join