It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina fury at UK bid for Falkland seas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by humanunnaki
As long as a country recognizes a "royal" class however old or new (dictatorships, etc), even one touted to be powerless and for show only then that country is not a true democracy! Down with "Royalty and their "noble" servants" everywhere! Erase it once and for all!!! We Americans bend our knee to no "man"!

[edit on 27-9-2007 by humanunnaki]

Yet you'll quite happily bend over backwards for a middle eastern country....
And to be honuest, what do you actually care?
Also, old grandmother? Uhh gee thanks , is it a standard in the US for people to get thier "grandmothers" to help fight thier battles? Or maybe its only when the enemy is weaker than you?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Another newbee with a chip on the shoulder !!

As if we havent all been down this road before?? We dont care what u bend your knee to or dont , take it elsewhere!

Your no better than me, him or her!

This is not about how GREAT you are , i couldnt give a monkeys! and no i would not be speaking German before you come out with that old chestnut!
Just fed up to the back teeth of the were better than u brigade . most American posters are cool with the different nationalities on here and dont push the how great we are message, lets not let this degenerate into another them n us !

So this thread is about the good ol Argies and us again , well personally i think its all going to blow over yet again and we will still be there in another 100 yrs and Charlie will still be waiting for the throne, a little more wrinkled tho ... and Rounders will still be played in junior schools around the world as will rugby for girls in the world series or what ever it is dont u know!!!!

Regards

Git

[edit on 27-9-2007 by completenuttergit]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
GIT - They still play rounders in junior school ??? Bloody hell.

I thought that would have be superceded by 2 hours of play station 3 or something.
It does my heart good to know that there is still a piece of England that hasnt changed.

Humannuki - you really need to loose the false sense of superiority that you have simply because your American and that the whole world owes a debt they can never repay to the U.S, world war 2 etc etc etc

The way you write leads me think that your an upperclass, spoilt, rich little lord, who thinks because his family had a "British" (and why not an AMERICAN, i ask?) nanny that he´s far superior to everyone surrounding him, and that everyone else would be far better off being made in his image.

You seem to think that the whole planet would be better off being part of America, however, much of the planet would´nt agree with you.

I give thanks to the many U.S contributors of ATS that give me hope in a better tommorow for America..and thank the lord that people such as annuki are few on this site..
This is not a personal attack but, as someone else quoted earlier, his "lordship" does seem to have quite a chip on his shoulder

Also i´d say that he´s desperate to be something he´s not...ENGLISH.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by andy1972]

[edit on 28-9-2007 by andy1972]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Uhh ... Folks, ...Me thinks Humannuki is just poking fun, and is not in the least bit serious. My guess is that he is just laughing at folks who take his (or perhaps her) slant seriously. I certainly don't. It is so tangental, that it is funny.

Yes, it is time for Britannia to finally bow down and become an American colony as it was destined to be.   ROFL. Lets crown GW Bush as King, and Cheney as Queen. Long live the ... errr ...  never mind. May they both rot.

Chavez is the worlds best president. The British have never oppressed a colony nor discriminated against any society, and Argentina has no reason for thinking that the UN will ever mandate the return of stolen land.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Uhh ... Folks, ...Me thinks Humannuki is just poking fun, and is not in the least bit serious.

I think Humannuki's original jest was meant to be funny but with a hint of American smug superiority, (an accusation that we Brit's are not exactly unfamiliar with!
).
However, I think there was genuine anger and indignation when Humannuki read the replies.

"We American's bend our knee to no man"

Come on you've been getting shafted for years
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Humannuki,
I don't want this to go off thread and turn into another "we're better than you" slanging match.
I mean, my country is getting screwed over at least as much as yours is at present, but please;
1. Stop baiting people.
2. Don't be suprised when people reply in like.
3. Stop being naive.

Regards and Respect.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I don't want this to go off thread and turn into another "we're better than you" slanging match.

It seems to have already gone there.

Anyway, coming from an American who doesn't think he's better than anybody, we stand with you. We are family after all, even if we are the family member with the anger management problem currently.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Hey bloke , no dis respect , its nice to know your here ! shame about the zealots huh ..

rgds
Git

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by completenuttergit
shame about the zealots huh ..

Yeah, but they do provide us with a good example of how not to be.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972

Mate I dont think anyone wants to be a morris dancing, warm beer drinking englishman

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Mate I dont think anyone wants to be a morris dancing, warm beer drinking englishman

Nor i a skirt wearing, sporron slinging haggis lover...I´ll stay the sarsanac bastard i am thanks...

By the way..i´ve never tried morris dancing !!

I think i´ll have a couple of warm beers and try it

But i´ll tell you one thing..the ale here in Spain is WELL cold..

I lived in Crianlarich in Falkirkshire before living in Spain...beautiful countryside.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Hmmm dont ever recall drinking warm beer ! I think they have used chillers for years here .

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join