It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Blackwater staff will face criminal charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

yeah i agree but its certainly a step in the right direction, and better than immunity.
i agree the ability to sweep investigations under the rug will be there though.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

I have been gone for a while and just wanted to reply to Mr. BitRaiser now that I am back. You are correct about my use of language...I'm working on that.

Never did I say that Blakwater was a special ops outfit...There are a LOT of special ops guys there. Including several of my close friends that I served with at one time.

I have experiened first hand doing a job that they are hired for and was not comfortable with it at all. While transporting our equipment into Bosnia by rail we were ordered to shoot anyone that attacked the train loaded with our supplies. We were also told that most likely the aggressors would be wanting our food. So we were told to shoot hungry people...guilty of only trying to get something to eat. I thank God that our trip was uneventful but there were several others that wasn't. Blackwater does this for us now. It gives the Government a cushion between them and the accusations of questionable activity. (this is just one example) You are right that they dont do anything exciting...thats if you dont consider risking your life everyday exciting...and getting paid a lot of money to do so.

Is it right that they can operate outside of the laws...no not really but sometimes the end does justify the means...

Dead topic I know but I wanted to reply and to answer the question that was asked if I have ever served in the Military. Yes Sir, I have...9yrs and 6months before I was wounded and medically retired. I do get a little hostile at times and for that I wanted to apologize...like I said above...I'm working on that.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join