It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My idea for an invisibility suit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I always wanted to be invisible. I loved the movie Hollow Man. In that film they used a chemical to inject it into the body and it would take over and transform the cells into something or other transparency. I'm not sure how that worked. But it was fun to watch. Now, I think that one day we can perfect invisibility. and I think that Aliens are already using that technology.

They could also be using suits, but pasted on them are tiny micro-sized mirrors. Think of getting small size mirrors and placing them all over your hand. it would reflect the light and images around you, almost making you invisible, but you would see different colors of light all around you. that could make a very fun halloween costume.

My idea deals with a latex suit. surrounded by tiny ultraviolet light emmitors. We all know you can't see UV light, and that the eye receptors have trouble seeing that, if you watch something that emmits UV light, you could go blind too, but these are small UV emittors that would not damage the eye whatsoever, but even so, you would not want to get close to anyone. of course the suit would require a battery to run the lights around it. So, I would have to come up with a backpack that would fit in the suit.
I have no idea how many of these UV lights I will have to place on the suit, but they would have to be side to side, up and down and very tightly all around, covering the contour of the body. the way this works is that the viewer would not be able to see me, due to my suit emmiting all this UV light and that will trick the rods and cones in the eyes to think there's nothing there and they are having a bad eye day. If my theory is correct, you could see a shape, but it would be like a shadow, since your eye can't make up a shape or what it is, it will black it out, the brain works that way. and the brain will probably imagine something else in it's place. think as if your looking in a mirror but you can't see yourself.

Yes, this will be expensive and I don't have the budget for that right now, it's just an idea right now and I wanted to know what you guys thought about it? would it be possible and do you think this could work? if not, how about just a regular suit with regular white light all around? anyway, it's just an idea and if I had the budget and the space I would certainly get to work today.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
don't the newer cameras have ultra violet tec ?...why not just pass out those glass's with the optical illusion in the lens.....or just wear them yourself since you probley want to see girls anyways ...kidding...sic....
being invisable at will could be very handy,....but as fast as someone creating the tec....someone would have a way to stop the spooks...what a creapy world it would be knowing there could be invisable people around you...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmajestyk6309
don't the newer cameras have ultra violet tec ?...why not just pass out those glass's with the optical illusion in the lens.....or just wear them yourself since you probley want to see girls anyways ...kidding...sic....
being invisable at will could be very handy,....but as fast as someone creating the tec....someone would have a way to stop the spooks...what a creapy world it would be knowing there could be invisable people around you...

Well, I know what you mean, you wouldn't want to have this suit stolen by the terrorists of course. but it could be used for a good purpose. I wouldn't want it to be used for war. Nothing military. it would have to be used for a greater good. Maybe a good way to observe animals in their natural state, to study them. I once went to the zoo to observe a gorilla for my class and he knew I was there, so he was acting very different. if he could not see me I think he would be doing something else. I just don't want this technology to be used by nuts like you said, the spooks.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

What makes you think the technology doesn't exist yet? I have this pet theory that the film Predator was released for plausible deniability purposes. This is what makes me think so:

Experts test cloaking technology

A US-British team of scientists has successfully tested a cloak of invisibility in the laboratory.

The device mostly hid a small copper cylinder from microwaves in tests at Duke University, North Carolina.

It works by deflecting the microwaves around the object and restoring them on the other side, as if they had passed through empty space.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now this is what has been released to the public. According to the article the technology to cloak visible light is still 5-10 years away. Just remember, stealth in aircraft was around 10-15 years before the public got wind of it.

Edit: speaking of stealth, this thread might interest you --

Two stealth-bomber shaped aircraft just vanished into thin air!!

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
wow..and this is just what they are willing to tell us....makes you think....in that movie the creature was sorta visable....I'm thinking what was discribed ....would also have a wavy look to it..?..
...as far as animals are concerned...the would sense us there...or at least smell us....oh ya...I think the military would confinscate this tec...for our own good,,....they might say..

apc

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You would still be able to see the emitters themselves.

And everything around you would be glowing a la blacklight.

I'm sure you'd be great at a party.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
weren't the japanese working on like a cloak that is covered in cameras that like take pictures of whats infront of you and display them through cameras on the other side of you?

Its just something I heard. But this was years ago when I heard it too, maybe the project was abandoned or maybe it succeeded, ..or didn't exist.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I would love invisiblity to be real, but in reality physics say that if one were truly invisible, one would be a shadow. If that were true, then transprency and camoflaoughe(sp) would be the next best thing. I've been fascinated by it since i was a kid, but maybe if were lucky the goverment does have the technology, but considering the way life is today there keeping tight lips.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hey, isn't it the hotdog/ microwave man??

I like the idea but I don't think it would work, you would either have so much UV light it would be visible (black light) or not enough to be visible, in which case you would see the emitters.

Also with the mirror idea.. it would reflect what was infront of it so would still be visible as a human shaped mirror!

Also.. with the genuine invisiblility tech which does exist.. you would still create a shadow and i'm pretty sure it would be impossible to hide that.

So for example a tank with cloaking technology in the desert... the tank would still physically be there so the sunlight couldn't pass throught it hence a shadow. This tech, i imagine, would work on aircraft at higher altitudes.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would not be surprised if they do not already have something like that. People at one time thought lasers were a bit far out but look now. If it has not been invented then they are trying to.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
You would still be able to see the emitters themselves.

And everything around you would be glowing a la blacklight.

I'm sure you'd be great at a party.

Thats right. You will be more visible rather than invisible. I've had two ideas which could possible produce invisibility. One was similar to the emitter idea, instead it emits light. The trick is emitting the right tone and hue of light at precisely the right angle towards the observer. Remember those baseball cards which produced a different image, depending on what angle you looked at it? Perhaps with the right configuration of optics could emit the light in the right fashion. I think the military has already been down this avenue.

Other idea would be using gravity. Gravity can bend light, so if the technology becomes available to distort gravity, perhaps a bubble around an object which bends light around the object. I think this would be a seemless undetectable way to make something invisible.

As for the shadow, that could be eliminated be a device which measures the angle of the sun, and produces a illumination in the shape of the shadow. I think with the right level of technology, all this is possible.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Freezer]

new topics

top topics

join