It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret US air force team to perfect plan for Iran strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Secret US air force team to perfect plan for Iran strike

www.timesonline.co.uk

THE United States Air Force has set up a highly confidential strategic planning group tasked with “fighting the next war” as tensions rise with Iran.
Project Checkmate, a successor to the group that planned the 1991 Gulf War’s air campaign, was quietly reestablished at the Pentagon in June.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
How can it be secret if a newspaper tells everyone about it or is this just an indirect warning to Iran ?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
there seems be be no such thing as secret any more... i would think the same... telling Iran "..hey....here we come... brace yourself!"

but who know's... the day they drop the first bomb... i'm sure we will all know it!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Project Checkmate? Tacky, really tacky. :shk:

I agree, this is probably meant to be an indirect warning. That article you linked seemed quite detailed for a "secret".

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I have to agree that this is a warning. Though I am sure that much warning takes place behind the scenes, the public always needs to be acclamated to what is going to happen. Take the recetn French response of preparing for war with Iran. Sanctions, sanctions, sanctions, warnings, warnings, warnings. When this pressure does not work, it comes to bombs, bombs, bombs. I'm not condoning anything here, but you are intelligent people, and you know what they are preparing the world for.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In this day and age though, sabre rattling can often be misinterpreted, especially when its from a Bush administration

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Bent Spear Empty Quiver Broken Arrow National Command codes for very bad situations. This article covers operation checkmate and other things
LINK

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
But this didnt refer to the 'Bent Spear episode methinks ?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
related article

"CHECKMATE and OPERATION ORCHARD would have provided the cover for a pre-emptive U.S. and Israeli attack on Iran had it not been for BENT SPEAR involving the B-52. In on the plan to launch a pre-emptive attack on Iran involving nuclear weapons were, according to our sources, Cheney, National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley; members of the CHECKMATE team at the Pentagon, who have close connections to Israeli intelligence and pro-Israeli think tanks in Washington, including the Hudson Institute; British Foreign Secretary David Miliband, a political adviser to Tony Blair prior to becoming a Member of Parliament; Israeli political leaders like Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Likud leader Binyamin Netanyahu; and French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner, who did his part last week to ratchet up tensions with Iran by suggesting that war with Iran was a probability. Kouchner retracted his statement after the U.S. plans for Iran were delayed."

earthboppin.net...
B-52 Nukes Were Headed for Iran: Airforce Refused

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't think the plans to bomb Iran were delayed at all. I think they are just prepping everyone for whats to come. The UN wil put a 3rd degree of sanctions first. After this has happened and no resolve is made, the bombs will drop. It wil take some time for world support to build. There will come a point where most will say, Iran will never cooperate.

top topics

join