It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA spacecraft finds possible Mars caves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

NASA spacecraft finds possible Mars caves

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - An orbiting spacecraft has found evidence of what look like seven caves on the slopes of a Martian volcano, the space agency NASA said on Friday.

The Mars Odyssey spacecraft has sent back images of very dark, nearly circular features that appear to be openings to underground spaces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
They certainly look conspicuous. Anyone here have anthing to say about the possibility of these caves being active.

"Somewhere on Mars, caves might provide a protected niche for past or current life, or shelter for humans in the future."

But not these caves.

"These are at such extreme altitude, they are poor candidates either for use as human habitation or for having microbial life," Cushing said. "Even if life has ever existed on Mars, it may not have migrated to this height."

Come on! This is rubbish IMO. They could be shafts that go deep down to where the life is having their festivities.

AAC

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-9-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Great find, AAC! I'm actually not shocked that NASA would be revealing such photographs as of late. All the recent activity, in the media and otherwise, is pointing to disclosure. We are being conditioned now more than ever to accept the evidence of extra-terrestrial life. Just come out and say it already! Humans need this revelation now more than ever. It is the only thing that will put our existance into proper perspective, and quite possibly the only thing that will stop all the senseless violence that is going on around the globe.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This is not actually new news. I remember reading about this months ago, a little blurb, than nothing. The almost perfect spherical symmetry is highly suspect. There is a whole lot more to that planet than we know. And yes, I too believe we are being spoon fed little by little for preparation.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yup. Cosmic Journey is alive and well. I just hope they dont bottle out of it this time and use the oled Polictical/economic/religious excuses. We need Disclousre and we need it now. It's time for Humanity to stop behaving like fighting schoolchildren in the school playground and look beyound the School Gate. Or in this case upwards. I too am sick of the senseless violence !!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

I find this quote interesting.

"Using Mars Odyssey's infrared camera to check the daytime and nighttime temperatures of the circles, scientists concluded that they could be windows into underground spaces."

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I wonder if we'll ever hear more about this.

so often a potential major discovery is made and then never spoken of again...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
All the recent activity, in the media and otherwise, is pointing to disclosure. We are being conditioned now more than ever to accept the evidence of extra-terrestrial life. Just come out and say it already! Humans need this revelation now more than ever. It is the only thing that will put our existance into proper perspective, and quite possibly the only thing that will stop all the senseless violence that is going on around the globe.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by pjslug]

+1000 on this post.
i think we NEED an intervention of sorts to heal the world powers and war machine.
a confirmed visit from our other worldly friends could really open people's eyes on a grand scale. a very large perspective shift could be the answer to living in peace.

i hope disclosure happens in my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
everytime something like this pops up, I think a 'total recall' scenario is even closer to the truth.....

Mars had to have supported life millions of years ago and I think NASA should be sending a team of highly skilled archaeologists/anthropologists to the surface. It would be amazing to see what they find, especially around the cydonia complex.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
why haven't we been to mars in person. we have been to moon nearly 40 years ago. we have proven that humans can survive in space along time.
maybe its because they know there is life on mars but are scared of a. contaiminting it with a human bug they life there has no restiance to or b bringing back a superbug and killing us all.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yeah this is old news,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its funny how mainstream media picks up on this months after the fact. Still, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
And Bush is asking for $200 billion to keep funding the war... when we could instead spend the money to send an astronaut and check what is going on in those caves. BTW I heard John Lear has some very interesting photos about mars. Apparently, MASSIVE cannabis fields have been spotted on Mars. Interesting stuff no doubt.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Observer_PR]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

My sentiments exactly. Worded very well.Let us know the truth and Im also sure humankind would band together (hopefully).

The government wants money,tell us the truth and I'm sure everyone will anti up for space research and global defence.

What's to lose?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
why haven't we been to mars in person. we have been to moon nearly 40 years ago. we have proven that humans can survive in space along time.
maybe its because they know there is life on mars but are scared of a. contaiminting it with a human bug they life there has no restiance to or b bringing back a superbug and killing us all.

"We have been to mars already",but the goverments do not want us to know about it for reasons we can only speculate.The goverment probrably found something on mars and is trying to rewrite their own history as to what actually happend and to what is really going on,man has been doing it to each others civilizations for hundreds of years.

I really find it hard to believe that our goverment has sent all these spacecraft to mars and have focused all this attention on it and is telling us that they haven't found life there or anything other then some underground frozen water.

I once heard an astronaut on the Science Channel say that he would hate to think that humans weren't the first ones to discover space travel,so I think that either humans or our goverment has an enormous ego.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
These are at such extreme altitude, they are poor candidates either for use as human habitation or for having microbial life," Cushing said. "Even if life has ever existed on Mars, it may not have migrated to this height."

i hate it when scientists say this, just because it cant support any known life whos to say that alien life hasnt adapted to this environment, we have not yet discovered life on mars to how are we supposed to know what conditions the life may survive in (if there is any which i believe there is/has been)
but personally i like the mars attacks approach aliens underground

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I bet Richard C Hogland will say that there are other caves on Mars where there is life. He'll be on Coast to Coast Am on Monday prob to talk about it. I hope that one day we do go to Mars. It should have already happened. Got to love Government cut backs

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Is there life in there? I do think there is life on Mars because of the higher-than-expected concentrations of methane in the atmosphere, but we don't really know if these caves have anything to do with that phenomenon.

What I do think is the most exciting thing about these caves is their potential as a staging area for manned exploration. You could seal off one of these caverns and pump air in, it would be a cozy habitat at a fraction of the cost of doming. The caves would provide great protection against cosmic rays.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33

Out of both of your options, "B" is the likelier scenario. "A" is certainly not the reason. The U.S. government doesn't give a damn about its own people, so why would they care about another species?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
maybe these holes are at a high altitude because at one time there was an abundance of water on the planet, so the bored entrances there to avoid flooding??? would kinda make sense if there was intelligent life there

top topics

<<   2 >>

join