It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem Lodge....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

OK, so there's not a "national level". Whoops. But UGLE does have a lot of sway over the lodges it's in amity with, it can pressure them to do the right thing, it has "dropped" lodges that didn't have their act together before, such as the Grand Orient of Italy.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Lets see...I'm part of a group that hates me and I hate how they act and no matter what I do I can't do a thing about it, should I leave?

Did I get it right, and does this question really need to be answered? I would go talk to the shriners...

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Not really... There can't be any direct influence by the UGLE with any Lodge in the U.S. There can be some limited influence with the UGLE and a particular Grand Lodge (big difference), but it would be if there was a gross departure from the recognized Landmarks.

I would suggest the profane are ill equipped to comment on this "situation" and it's "remedy."

As for the OP, I can't fathom using a venue like ATS for advice and a potential resolution even if there was some veracity to the described events, and the "details" of said event are more than suspect.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Yeah, best not to worry about it, anyways, because I'm not thinking that there is much left to be said on the thread.

I hope none of my comments are construed as negative against Masonry-I admire it a lot and hope to join just as soon as I don't have so many irons in the fire.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a BS post to me. Care to share what lodge - or at least which Grand Lodge jurisdiction - this is occurring in?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
JustMe, I was in Kentucky last year, and met some fine Masons there. A situation like this most likely could not happen.
For all the Masonic conspiracy buffs out there, I found one! A lodge of Masons that conspired to act stupid.
My friend and I are hard driving self employed guys, such malfunction is beyond our basic understanding.
My partner is still out in the field, I will talk to him tomorrow, we will probably simply travel in search of just a "little brighter light".

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HDFACTORYCERTIF

Enh, sounds to me if someone hasn't been busted for their indiscretions in the lodge in the past might start to get cocky after awhile and eventually try something stupid like this. Alternatively, if someone had an axe to grind with a lodge, what better way to get even than to try to destroy it from the inside with shenanigans like this?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
uber.... It might go like this. these people may be destroying the the lodge from inside to effect the sale of the building and receive kick back cash from the grossly under valued building in the small tourist destination town.
Oh my, the light, its getting brighter!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Well, I don't live in a small tourist destination town, so at least it's a relief that your lodge can't be one of the ones I'm considering joining.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

HDFACTORYCERTIF

Assuming that your post is not in jest. You appear to have two courses open to you. The first would be to demit from the “monkey” lodge and continue your Masonic activities through the lodge where you are a line officer. Or second, to continue to attempt to correct the behavior of the “monkeys” in the second lodge.

If you elect to continue to try and change the behavior it sounds as if you will be asking for an enormous amount of personal grief. The behavior needs correcting and since it has already been brought to the attention of the Grand Lodge, at this point the only option to continue that I’m aware of is to file Masonic charges against the men involved. Depending on the Grand Lodge the procedures can be found by calling the Grand Secretary at your Grand Lodge office.

The master of your home lodge (I’m assuming that it is the one where you are in line) would be a good source of help and advice, or else one of the past masters there.

Good luck, feel free to U2U me if I can help.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Student

MS, I would like to thank you for the civility and helpfulness of your post, it's a refreshing contrast to the hostile remarks by some of the other Masons on this thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

UC

Thank you for the kind words. Many of the Brothers who frequently post here have defended our fraternity so long that they are more skeptical than I am of the "out of the norm" comments.

While I sincerely hope that the situation as described is only to see the reaction of the members of ATS to the question, I have seen “fun” get out of hand in various lodges over the years, none have gotten this far out of hand. And all were brought back within due bounds by the members, quietly and “within the lodge”.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The most troubling to me is that that master along with his officers said to Grand Lodge officers "We think the obligations are just words" unbelievable.
As any organization with people involved, there will be problems.
This situation could be an eye opener for others on how bad things can get, and thus keep your own lodge from falling to these lows. Though not intended to bash the fraternity, some may feel that way by me bringing up problems can happen and did happen in this case.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

HD

Here

This is a link to the Wisconsin Grand Lodge. The link to the secretary will lead you to his name and an 800-phone number for him.

I’d still check with the master of your home lodge and or several past masters for advice first though.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yeah, that is absolutely outrageous. It really says a lot about the nerve of the lodge officers and their brazen certainty they would not be punished. Why didn't the Grand Lodge throw them out of Masonry right then and there?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

One can only wonder. I've seen charters suspended for *much* less. For a Mason to say "obligations are only words" is mindboggling. This in itself is cause for action, and to initiate charges leading toward expulsion.

And I certainly can't even begin to imagine addressing the East as "Worshipful Monkey"....unless, of course, Mirthful was sitting there!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Even on that august occasion... It would be inappropriate in my eyes. While I have engaged in a wee bit of levity from time to time (ML I'll have to U2U you one of my favorite exploits), it was never at the expense of any Tenet or Landmark... And it would never extend to such an offensive declaration. I have no doubt whatsoever that if the Officers of my Lodge conducted themselves in such a manner, that there would be a race to the Charter by the Past Masters (many of which now hold District or Grand Lodge positions) and it would be marched out of Lodge with all the members in tow post haste.

I question the claim of the OP that the Grand Master has "required" his attendance to a Lodge in which he doesn't hold office, and is not his home Lodge (personally, I'd like to see a Grand Master "require" anyone to attend their Home Lodge's meetings, much less anothers).

I'm beyond skeptical on this one.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
why not just leave the freemasons and join the free world ? with us free thinkers

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDFACTORYCERTIF
Come on corsig, do you really think that every lodge conducts itself properly?
In any organization problems do occur, Masons can create a mess also.
In some states it would appear that Masons are weak.

Properly as in.........? .. Acting like monkeys? No, can't say I have ever heard that tale before.

I, as others, find it odd that you chose a conspiracy site to ask what to do about Master Masons acting like apes. Sound odd to you?

Personally, if your story is true, which I for some reason cannot possibly believe it is for obvious reasons, I would disassociate my self with the lodge. Its not that no one wants to believe that this could happen, I believe there are enough idiots in this world that it could happen, I just don't believe the way you bring it to light.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H
why not just leave the freemasons and join the free world ? with us free thinkers

I found that phrase ironic to say the least. A narrow minded view of Masonry, while asking Masons not to be narrow minded at the same time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join