It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Illuminati in Rome

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have heard that Galileo founded the Illuminati in order to escape the Church's disdain for science with religion, and wrote a book hinting to the path to join the Illuminati long ago, ultimately leading to the Chamber of Illumination in the secret passageways right under the Church's nose. Does anyone know what the book was called or where the four churches representing the symbols of illumination are located?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, I am planning to visit Rome in the near future.




posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FourOceans
I have heard that Galileo founded the Illuminati in order to escape the Church's disdain for science with religion, and wrote a book hinting to the path to join the Illuminati long ago, ultimately leading to the Chamber of Illumination in the secret passageways right under the Church's nose. Does anyone know what the book was called or where the four churches representing the symbols of illumination are located?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated, I am planning to visit Rome in the near future.


Galileo? THE Galileo? Please...



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've heard about this before. Galileo could have started something like that but IMO it would have been mostly just smoke and mirrors.

The so-called "Illuminati" CREATED the Church. How do you think they manipulate people??? That's why they are the 10% or Bloodsuckers of the Poor.

The leaders of just about any exoteric(and some esoteric) religious organization don't really believe what they preach. Only the lower and mid-level administration of a Church actually believe in it.




ONE



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
But, *if* this all was true, I would love to see the book or the churches that point the path of Illumination. Most rumors have foundations.



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
www.amazon.com...

Here is a link to a book called - Angel's and Demon's by Dan Brown. He also wrote The Da vinci Code i believe.
Now this book is supposed to be nonfiction, but I hate to read and this was one of the best stories I ever read. Of course I have been interested in anything with illuminati so it was good.

Awesome book. Sorry... can't remember the name of the book you're looking for by Gal. but it mentions this in the book I left a link for. Something like it was in some small book, written in code in the vacuum sealed vault in Rome. Recommended read.



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacman
www.amazon.com...

Here is a link to a book called - Angel's and Demon's by Dan Brown. He also wrote The Da vinci Code i believe.
Now this book is supposed to be nonfiction, but I hate to read and this was one of the best stories I ever read. Of course I have been interested in anything with illuminati so it was good.

Awesome book. Sorry... can't remember the name of the book you're looking for by Gal. but it mentions this in the book I left a link for. Something like it was in some small book, written in code in the vacuum sealed vault in Rome. Recommended read.



I believe you are speaking of Diagramma, which was the third book written by Galileo. As for Angels and Demons, it's not that the book is non-fiction, it's based on the facts that everything described in the book, (IE Rome, The Vatican, the stautues churches all exist) as does the brotherhood of the Ilumminati, and CERN and thier attempts to create anti-matter.
Brown put the whole thing together and wrote an awesome book.



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
You are correctemuendo!


I saw the book at 'costco' if you know what that is, for around $10.



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
U mean Diagramma? At Costco? really?......surely you mean Angels and Demons

Anyone ever used this?

www.247ask.com...

or been here?

www.unsolvedmysteries.com...



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
They say that the Vatican holds many esoteric texts from the library in Alexandria in "Egypt" that got destroyed.



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
They say that the Vatican holds many esoteric texts from the library in Alexandria in "Egypt" that got destroyed.


Have you ever read or seen "The name of the Rose"? I would imagine that there are also monasteries that have a few tucked away here and there.
Kinda like the Arc of the Covenant is in Ethiopia (or so some say)



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Wow thanks all for finding out his book name, I appreciate it. I am ordering the book now and hope to have it soon!

My question is, if the work is non-fiction, if the link between the churches and the Illuminati really exists, would it still be around today?



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Netstorm, now I got to buy an...








...Illuminati SNOWBOARD!!!




I really don't need one, as I already have a snowboard, but since you posted this link, and I'm a compulsive buyer...well...you do the math hehehehe...

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by m0rbid]



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacman
www.amazon.com...

Here is a link to a book called - Angel's and Demon's by Dan Brown.


This is one of the best books that I have ever read, and I read a lot! I must buy for any interested in the Illuminati and the history of "The Church."



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Thanks for the link Netstorm, now I got to buy an...








...Illuminati SNOWBOARD!!!


I really don't need one, as I already have a snowboard, but since you posted this link, and I'm a compulsive buyer...well...you do the math hehehehe...

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by m0rbid]


Yep lots lots AND lotrs of Links that have Illuminati in them not all of them lead to what you think Illuminati is, some do though



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Another very good book to read about the Illuminati, and where they came from is

Umberto Eco - Foucault's Pendulum

"The fundamental theme to be drawn from Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum appears to be similar to the underlying theme of 2think.org. The Pendulum itself stands out as a symbol of pure empiricism for the narrator and the reader who are both cunningly drawn into a bizarre web of historically famous esoteric beliefs. While the 'believers' seek the secret truths of the universe believed to be known only to the privileged cognoscenti/templars/masons the pendulum simply hangs in place demonstrating the earth's rotation to anyone who cares to look and think without prejudice."

www.2think.org...



posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Thanks for the link Netstorm, now I got to buy an...
I really don't need one, as I already have a snowboard, but since you posted this link, and I'm a compulsive buyer...well...you do the math hehehehe...
[Edited on 22-1-2004 by m0rbid]


I'm sponsored by technine and I had no idea they made The Illuminati bindings, time to make a call or two.

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by insite]



posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
When I read Angels and Deamons, I was annoyed by the lack of research. There is absolutely no evidence anywhere to suggest that the Illuminati was founded by Galilleo in Rome.

The foreward of the book is correct, the Illuminati DO exist, as does CAERN in Stitzerland. The Hashsashim, which also feature in the book, also exist(ed). What Dan Brown has done is taken some principals, notably the fact that Galilleo and other early scientists were persecuted by the Catholic Church and that the Illuminati hate the Catholic Church, and loosely strung it together. Appart from that, its an entertaining book, but unfortunately a load of rubbish.

P.S. The Illuminati was founded in Bavaria by Adam Weishaupt in 1770 or 1776.


dmz

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
When I read A&D, I couldn't help but to beleive it was based on fact. I am sure some of the info was stretched. If only the church would stop holding all the secrets. They have spent centuries covering up the truth with their versions and holding the truth somewhere in their vaults. We may never know the truth.

Wonder how the Vatican became the most powerful and richest country in the world? Domination of information?



posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordlefty
When I read Angels and Deamons, I was annoyed by the lack of research. There is absolutely no evidence anywhere to suggest that the Illuminati was founded by Galilleo in Rome.



Never said it was true. We have always said it is fiction.
Ever heard of Los Alumbrados? Another off shoot of The Illuminati
Brown was only putting his twist on the Illuminati.
He did awesome research on the book regarding the facts of the Church and CERN.
I think we are all forgetting the original meaning of the name Illumniati.
"The Illuminated Ones" (people of science)

I don't know HOW accurate this webste is. But it gives additional timelines.

www.ariescomputer.com...

Also if you read italian, here is one that came up with a hit under Illuminati and Galileo
The website is called
Academy of the Iluminati
galileo.imss.firenze.it...





[Edited on 25-1-2004 by NetStorm]



posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
What about Ignatius Loyola and the "Society of Jesus"(Jesuits)???



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join