It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Yes Ashley jugding by that temptress avatar I would say so..

Never mind your misgivings. Hold your tongue! J.I.T. You know as well as I, that we should:

Judge NOT...lest ye be judged.

As much as we feel things that should or should NOT be, it isn't up to us, to be righteous in this case.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I am a scumbag and am far worse then she is..

yet...

listen dear women...

If I had a friend and this friend was going into a pit, should I let him slide in or should I hold my hand, in this case the hand being my tounge, and let him slide into the pit?

Jesus told us to reprove our sisters and brother in sin, yet without judgement...

If I said she was evil, then that is a judgement, yet if I warn her that shes doing something un chaste like, then that is truth and I must say it..

" to not reprove sin is to condone it "

I will let Ashely ponder that her self.... But I am not here to make friends over saying the truth even though I love you guys beyond measure....

please do not take that the wrong way Ducky....

peace.

[edit on C:U15America/ChicagoSat, 22 Mar 2008 15:46:15 -050015M by JesusisTruth]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If I had a friend and this friend was going into a pit, should I let him slide in or should I hold my hand, in this case the hand being my tounge, and let him slide into the pit?

You do the BEST that you can to help this individual. Nothing more...nothing less.

Jesus told us to reprove our sisters and brother in sin, yet without judgement...

Within a 'loving mannor'. Remember? "Judge not.....lest..."

If I said she was evil, then that is a judgement, yet if I warn her that shes doing something un chaste like, then that is truth and I must say it..

We can warn our brethren ALL we want. It is basically up to them, to decide of our teachings.

We could 'shake off the sandals' to those that don't want to hear our message...but that's ALL we're prescibed to do. If people DON'T WANT TO HEAR HIS WORD. Then...*SIGH* that's where it stands.

" to not reprove sin is to condone it "

We approve or reprove sins within ourselves; along with the Holy Spirit. This keeps us 'in check' with what goes on around us.'

I will let Ashely ponder that her self.... But I am not here to make friends over saying the truth even though I love you guys beyond measure....

That's up to Ashley and Our Lord...not us.

Love
~Ducky~

[edit on 22-3-2008 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 22-3-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hm. Ok. Where to begin?

I had a cross avatar but people made fun of it and called it a symbol of violence.
I had a birdie avatar but someone made a joke about 'evolution' making the birds and not God.
I had a Phantom of the Opera avatar but someone said it looked like a vampire and I could have been burned at the stake for it a few centuries ago.
I now have an Anime avatar another member made for me but it is 'too sexy.'

What can I say? Pink is my favorite color and I love butterflies. Sorry if a cartoon is giving someone blue balls. I can't make anyone happy around here...

But I'm a moody gal and will probably change it in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll put up a white dot as an avatar. Anyone have any problems with a white dot? Let me know in advance.

Psst, JIT. The Bible also says to chastise each other in private. You could have U2Ued me. But no worries. I'm not offended, upset, embarrassed, or anything like that. We're cool. I just like quoting the Bible, too.

[edit on 3/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You know J.I.T..................
She is FAR nicer about this bull crap then I am.
So if you don't like harsh criticism to fit just HOW WRONG your statement is just stop reading now.

That is the biggest load of SELF RIGHTEOUS BULL CRAP I have seen in years.
Allow me to guess you feel the female body is inherently sinful??
Because it makes "pure" men feel all sexual?

If you do.
Go back to your damn cave, shut up and let humanity progress beyond such retarded logic.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Not to be a twit but if someone can't laugh at this then they have no sense of humor. No offense, JIT. I hope you can laugh at this, too. I would use it as an avatar now but nobody would understand the joke if they didn't see this thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Wroath......

I said I am worse then she is, but it is not self ritousness to say the truth......

look, I should have u2ud her I agree, but I did not mean anything prideful about what i said....

and no I don't think the everything is sinful, but unchastity is not good, neither when I do it nor anybody....

As for Ashley, I did not say it gives people blue balls, nice sarcasm, I said that it might inflate the brain and lead people to go searching for real women and lead them to bad thoughts...

God was this strict in his day, all the saints were and every prophet alive had this strictness to them//

Padre Pio the stigmatist called women clowns for entering confession with mini skirts on.....

So everybody can think what they will, I understand God said we would be hated for saying truth...

Ashley I will do it privately next time..... Btw don't care if people hate you for cross avatars, that is something you shoudn't listen to....

peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You are soo full of it.
That kind of mentality is cracked AT BEST.
It is NOT the fault of any woman that some waste of sperm and egg can't control himself enough not to rape someone.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yea Ashley

( chuckle chuckle, chuckle) I get it......

But look, that stuff, what they put those women through is insanity, God don't want women to be that entirely covered.........

But, well look, it's up to you and Jesus and your conscience....

Thats definitely not funny Ashley because those women in the blue hoods suffer greatly at the hands of those men.... and I absolutely wish they would be free from that stuff....

They will after God comes back to earth but thats not my point...

I definitely would not appprove that avatar Ashley either, but Madnessin mysoul doing the cha cha, most definitely..... I would approve that..... lol..

seriosuly take my advice because not everybody will speak to you like I do, I don't care who dislikes me and I am not here to be buddy buddy with everybody when truth is concerned even though you are a soul of God to me and I love you, I will speak the truth....

peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
As for Ashley, I did not say it gives people blue balls, nice sarcasm, I said that it might inflate the brain and lead people to go searching for real women and lead them to bad thoughts...

Can you please clarify JIT? Are you implying men are going to go out and rape women or have premarital sex due to my avatar? Listen, I'm pretty prudish but even I cannot see anything wrong. Not really sure where the problem is. I see a girl, the color pink, and butterflies. You apparently see a sign telling others to go out and rape and have sex. Maybe I'm too naive and innocent and don't see what you're seeing? Maybe you are a little sexually frustrated and seeing something sexual into it that isn't there? No offense. I really don't see what the problem is.

Many apologies to Ducky for the derailment. I'm only responding to someone else.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wroath you rash at best...

firstly only God knows if I am full of it, not you son...

secondly the sin is (mutual), which means it is not the womens fault or the mans entirely... and for you to say that someone who can't rape someone is insane.....

think what you will, God told women they should cover, it's in the OT the NT, the teachings of the church for 2000 years, so when I say these things I say them to Christians who know what God taught..

I have nomore words for you.. think what you will

peace...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
look Ashley you can keep it, I am suggesting the truth...

It could lead men to have thoughts of masturbation.... Not rape, that would be insane....

Shes in a darn bathingsuite and it looks life like.....

look lets drop it, this stuff I see everywhere, people dressing in the wrong way.... It's inevitable....

I will say no more about it other then it can lead to sinful thoughts, If Jesus was alive today he would tell you the same thing...

peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

No actually he would say something along the lines of
"Let he who knows no sin cast the first stone."

Your soo full of it man.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ah, Padre Pio and Stimgata. Ok, JIT. Sorry but you failed to make your case. The avatar stays until I tire of it. 'It could make boys masturbate.' I guess I'll wear a unitard the next time I go to the beach, too.

I must not be hyped up on sex enough to feel the 'need to take care of things' after seeing a cartoon like the over sexed opposite gender.

Take care, JIT.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I was tempted to post a funny here, to break up the seriousness of a conversation between believers that should not be an issue. Instead I want to ask a question....

As believers, is it not our duty to "Pass on the message of hope for Salvation" "Testify about our lives and what our faith has brought us" and "Show the world what Christianity means by our own actions?"

I don't believe it is our duty as believers to "regulate" or "admonish" other believers; especially in public.

I'm just guessing here, but no one here is the Lord Jesus Christ. As such maybe our time would be better spent tending to our own "backyards" and let other people tend to theirs.

I like your Avatar Ashley, and not for the reasons stated above. I am 100% MAN, and being such, a cartoon does not really "Do it for me" as it were...

Now if you would post a picture of that Unitard you're going to wear.. MMMMMMMMM..

Semper

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yea typical comedy routine.....

It is up to you Ashley, but I am telling you God would not approve of it..

and as for Wroath...........

It's not a judgement... A judgement would be if I said shes going to hell, what I am saying is that it is not ok to do this....

I should of just u2ud her....

Have a good Easter guys...

peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Ducky, I agree with what you said...

I should have known that noone believes in sin anymore, chastity in dress is something that has fallen apart in our society, and I even made a post explaining this stuff about the prophecies of antichrist and it has to do with the great confusion before antichrists reign...

I will indeed take your advice and be more loving next time..... I do love her but it didn't come off like that...

resume the original conversating now you guys had...

peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hi, Ashley! When I first saw your avatar, it reminded me of this young women I encountered a few years ago. This young woman, who loved Jesus immensely, but also was mentally retarded, whose name, incidently is Angel, had a unique gift, which I had never witnessed before within any believer. This could be tied to the fact that she is mentally handicapped and has the mind and heart of a child.

The thing about Angel is, she could be in a room of Christians, as we were on this particular evening, and as she looked around the room, she would stare at a particular person and quietly say, "They are wearing a mask." Her father and mother were there with us as she made this statement, which caught us off guard and Angel's father explained his daughter’s words.

It seems, that Angel has the ability of actually looking at someone who says they are a Christian and seeing beyond what we can see. To our eyes we may see John Doe the Christian, but to Angel, she sees John Doe who is wearing the mask of a Christian, but who, underneath the mask is something else. This startled me and amazed me and, like I stated, your avatar reminds me of Angel’s gift.

Having said this, so as to avoid any confusion, I am not saying your are hiding under a mask, Ashley! Lest someone comes in and interprets my story that way and directs it at you! I know you are what you reflect within these forums, a woman whose heart is after the Lord. I just wanted to place a different spin on your avatar.

As for your avatar being sexual in nature, no, I don’t see that. It does also remind me of Phantom of the Opera. I saw that back in the late 90's at the Kennedy Center in Washington and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Anyway, I just wanted to share that story regarding Angel and her gift, and later will relate one of my personal Angel encounters.

Peace to All!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Ah, Padre Pio and Stimgata. Ok, JIT. Sorry but you failed to make your case. The avatar stays until I tire of it. 'It could make boys masturbate.' I guess I'll wear a unitard the next time I go to the beach, too.

I must not be hyped up on sex enough to feel the 'need to take care of things' after seeing a cartoon like the over sexed opposite gender.

Take care, JIT.

I think the real problem is not the avatar, but the complex issue of male stimulation over the female form. As Christ teachings in the scriptures depict lusting after the flesh a sin. This issue is a complex problem for most of the male Christians I know. It is because we are bombarded with sexual imagery everywhere we go, and by our nature we are stimulated visually by it. It's not that we haven't any controll over ourselves or that we have to act on the stimulus every time its presented, i.e. masturbate or rape, but the point is girls, like it or not, we are stimulated by it and that is why it is used in every facet of our lives. Sex sells, ever heard that? Of coarse you have, and you have been programmed your whole lives by it. To ignore this fact is just either willful ignorance, or pure innocent naivete. Women compete for dominance over each other and men, displaying their sexual goods, once again fact not fiction, this is the truth and in this society nothing I say is going to change any of that. Matter of fact before being awakened by God, I enjoyed feeding my appetite regularly like a pig at the troth because I wasn't doing anything wrong, I was just being a male enjoying what I was being fed.

Anyway more to the point. This avatar serves as a gateway for this discussion, in that, it is sexually suggestive even though it is a cartoon.

And, all true Christian males are struggling with these issue's daily. We are taught by Christ that it is sinful to even have these thoughts, yet we cannot for even one day escape them living in this society, so we are continually battling internally with this issue. This then does cause one a continual feeling of unworthyness toward salvation because we continually slip, (you should hear my prayers) over and over, and over. I sure hope God is winking at us, because we do try to overcome. Anyway, what comes to mind for me with all this is the biblical phrase about "stumbling
your brother". Don't get me wrong, I know I am responsible for myself and long before I had God's help, I had reasonable controll of my lust. But in all honesty I still cannot change what happens naturally when admiring the female form, and by Christ's words it is sin.
Most Christian women I talk with have never considered their role in this light before, and I speak with lots of them daily, because I am a cosmetologist, but after careful consideration of these points they tend to agree. True Christian husbands/males (generally good men) will tell you honestly it is the hardest battle to overcome and they all must fight daily. My non-christian or shallow thinking friends don't understand or don't want to understand and dismiss it as just "HUMAN NATURE". Thats the way the world thinks, but I think Jesus is raising the bar a little higher then that.

As for the avatar, do what you will, but I think what is being pointed at hear isn't the avatar, it is the bar. Try all you can to not further the stumbling of others on all the levels you can, strengthen the brethren in everyway.
Anyway, I got to go get this log out of my eye now.
Love to all on this Holy Day we call easter.
Peace!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hey, JIT. It looks like you may feel like you're being singled out now as 'the bad guy.' I don't want you to feel that way. No hard feelings whatsoever and I know your heart is in the right place. Even though I still see absolutely no problem with it and know there are avatars that I would consider rather risque (far more than mine), I will change it for your sake. I don't want anyone to feel tempted. The only cartoon I ever found 'attractive' was probably Tuxedo Mask Man from Sailor Moon. Even still, it never made me have to wander off to my bedroom but if it is a stumbling block for you then I will change it now. I think this whole thing is silly but no point in upsetting a friendship.

More than anything I kind of considered it a slap in the face of the person who made it for me. I usually don't get defensive for my own sake but the claws and sarcasm do come out when I feel someone else is being criticized in a round about way. Anyways, problem solved and Ducky can have her thread back.

reply to post by semperfortis

I actually have a ton of pictures of myself wearing unitards. Not because they were so awesome or comfortable but because I did ballet for over 10 years. I'm traumatized now and will never wear one of those cursed things again! hahaha... Oh memories.

But this reminds me of that time a few weeks ago when someone posted a photo of themselves in the photo thread. I thought she looked beautiful but you men were all heated up over her dress being sheer. I swear I never even noticed her dress was sheer. Your gender really is oversexed because women really don't notice these things!

reply to post by jdposey

JD that was such a sweet story. I know a lot of people use the mentally handicapped against God by saying He must not be 'good' to allow such things to happen. It reminds me of the story in the Bible when the pharisees were debating what 'sin' an impaired man committed or that his parents committed to make him that way. Jesus replied, 'He is that way for the glory of God.' Non Christians might not understand it but it is so true. The mentally handicapped typically have an insight, gentleness, and love that none of us have. They are so sweet and innocent, happy and loving. Yes, that is the glory of God.

On a side note, I actually have tickets to see POTO tonight. Can't wait! It hasn't toured here since 1993 and I am so excited! The music and plot is so beautiful.

reply to post by holidaystar1

Well, I'm changing it just in case but thanks for coming to my defense and helping out. But if anyone says something about my new avatar like, "OMG! Magical fairies! Christians aren't supposed to be interested in magic!" and I have to tell them it is actually a butterfly, I think I will blow a fuse!

[edit on 3/23/2008 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join