It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, I'm not an angel (Sorry!) but I've had my own encounter and have known many who have had their own. But I'd like to share my mother's encounter. Sorry if it sounds "mundane" to anyone but I will not embellish this in any way:

As a young adult in the 70's, my mother was visiting my aunt who lived in Fort Worth. My aunt referred my mother to her hairdresser who ran her business out of her home. My mother told the hairdresser that she was not familiar with the area or how to get back to my aunt's house (about 50 miles away). Just regular "girl talk" between hairdresser and patron. My mother said the lady began to pray that God would send an angel to guide my mother home. My mother thought it was a little silly and out of place but did not want to be rude and interrupt her.

After leaving, my mother realized she gave the last of her cash to the hairdresser and was on empty for the long trip back to my aunt's. So, she stayed in the middle lane going no more than 40 miles an hour to conserve gas while both sides of traffic rushed on beside her. Out of nowhere, a blue car got right in front of her, slowed down to her speed, and waved his arm out the window in a "follow me" motion.

She began to wonder if this was the angel that was sent. Being nosy, she kept trying to pull up next to the car and look inside the window so she could "see what an angel looked like." But every time she tried, the light would hit just right and make a shadow in the car. All she could see was a silhouette. So, she pulled back behind him and followed him for about an hour going 40 miles an hour along all the twists and turns of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metro area. Then she started to recognize the area and knew she was close to my aunt's. She saw what she thought was her exit but was not sure. At that time, the driver in the blue car stuck his arm out the window and pointed to the exit she was to take. She took the exit then immediately recognized the area and made it to my aunt's house in a matter of minutes and never did run out of gas.

She told me she was tempted to keep following the car (I admit I would have) but said she didn't want to take advantage of the blessing.

I had a similar experience on the highway around five years ago after breaking down in the middle of nowhere while pregnant but was able to talk to the one who was sent to help me. I've had dozens of other really awesome and unexplainable thing happen to me but don't like sharing them with people who don't know me and don't know how neurotic I am about lying. If you want to know, just U2U me.

[edit on 1/16/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thankyou Ashley!

What you shared with us isn't 'mundane'.

This is a thread where you can come to, to share your beliefs/experiences, wiithout feelings of reproach.

I've stipulated that in my OP.

This is a 'spiritual' thread.

Please feel at home here, to share your Spiritual/Christians thoughts and beliefs.

This is what this thread was intended for.

Please read my opening OP.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey, Ya'll!
This is the first time I've been to this thread.
Great video, Ducky!!!!

I want to say PRAISE THE LORD!!!
You know our governor prayed for rain about a month ago (much to the disgust of atheist groups)
Some even wrote the song "nothing fails like prayer." Hateful.

Anyway, It's rained more than it has IN A LONG TIME!
My hometown reservoir is almost to pre-drought levels.

Tonight there's about six inches of snow and it's still falling.

Thank YOU Jesus!!!

I haven't read all the posts on this one, because I had to work tonight and my 2 year old is Hyper.

BTW, Ducky, you're son is talented and handsome!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ducky,

I was hesitant to reply to this thread because......
I do not want it to go into oblivion. It happens to me frequently on the BTS. I only hope I didn't offend anyone.

I was told more than once I was an Angel. I find that hard to believe, due to my fathers background. Worldwatcher knows my story and I hope I didn't scare her off the board lol. I was in nursing for a long time and seen just about everything. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm bragging, because I'm not. These things just happen to me and I have no explaination for them.

I have seen souls leave bodies of deceased. Legs have healed where they should have been amputated and terminal cancer patients have gone into remission. My husband just had a colonoscopy and he was expecting the worse. Rightfully so, because of his past medical problems. I told him everything would be alright. I prayed to God with all my might, as I have done with the others. We were told that my husbands colon is in perfect condition. It's like I take on others pain or illness, but it does take its toll on me.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Ah, great. Thanks! I thought this post was about people who were angels and I have a hard time believing angels would be typing away on an internet forum.
Here's another one then that happened a few days ago when my grandmother died. I mentioned it on King Lizard's thread and will offer it again here.

I only heard the story in passing yesterday at her funeral but was expecting and hoping to hear something like this because she was a strong Christian almost all of her life. She passed away from ALS and I'm sure all of you know, with ALS the body goes but the mind stays in tact.

A few hours before she passed, she said she was seeing clouds and four figures were in the clouds. I'm assuming one was her mother who died when she was only a baby and of course Jesus. That's all I know so far but I hope to get some more information when I see my family again on Saturday.

My grandmother was a brilliant scholar and very well respected up in the city. She was a very good yet stoic and serious woman. Not given to exaggeration or nonsense. If she said she saw it, I believe her. Due to the fact it also happened several hours before her death, it seems to me it wouldn't be anything related to chemical reactions or some phenomenon that can be naturally explained through science like some NDE's.

I've heard several incidences of this happening and have only witnessed it once before. When a friend of my grandparents died, He sat straight up in his hospital bed and said, "Oh! It's beautiful!" Then laid down and died. But I was so young and I didn't know the man like I know my grandmother. It's nice to know the person it happens to so you can know if it is real based on their condition and character instead of seeing it happen with someone you don't know or hearing it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
And here is one of my many stories. It was the only "encounter" I've ever had but I've had many, many other types of unexplainable things happen in my life. Here is my story. Again, I apologize if anyone thinks, "That's it!?!" But I don't want to embellish anything:

About five years ago I was heading up to the city. It was getting dark and looked like a storm was coming. I was also pregnant at the time but did not know it. About halfway there on my hour drive up to the city, I ran over something in the road which caused my tires to go flat and subsequently my engine to stop. I was in the middle of nowhere and the nearest gas station in both directions was several hours away on foot. I knew I was sick and weak but did not know it was because I was pregnant. Trying to make it anywhere on the rims was out of the question since the engine had stopped and my cell phone's battery was dead.

So, after about five minutes of sitting on my butt wondering what to do, I did the only thing I knew to do- pray! I told God, "Please send me some help but please understand that as a young female I could not accept a ride from a stranger. Please have someone stop to help me but only have them offer me their cell phone." I don't think I had even said "Amen" yet when I saw reverse lights on the shoulder of the road. There was a truck backing up to me all the way on the shoulder.

The man said he has never helped someone one the road before but "something told him to go back." He then offered me his cell phone (but no ride!). I called my husband who was there in less than 30 minutes. I told the man my father owns several restaurants up in the city and we would be happy to treat him to a free meal. He said it wasn't necessary but I insisted. He finally gave me his business card.

I emailed him to thank him and to let him know when I would be at my father's restaurant so he could come in and eat. It bounced back. Ok, no big deal. I wrote him again. It bounced back again. Hm. So, I took the suffix in his email address and wrote to the company on his business card that I also remembered seeing on his work truck. They let me know there was no one at the company by that name or email address. I wrote them back with a description and asked if it was possible it was a contractor or someone who may not be employed by them directly. They said no and that it was a small family owned business so they didn't have any outside contractors, employees, or former employees by that name. So who was this guy? I have one pretty good guess.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

WOW, girl!
You are young but, not only are you smart and zealous, but you have quite a testimony!
I have really enjoyed your victorious exchanges on this forum!
It sounds like you come from a long line of Women Of Faith.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
And then here are some miscellaneous three. They might sound a little silly to some but for those who know God, will know this is often how He works:

1). When I was 19, you could call me anything but a Christian. As in, I was into some pretty bad stuff. My grandparents asked me to to go church with them on a week night to hear a special guest speaker. I loved them and agreed to go. I don't know why but this is when I gave God His "chance." I told God that I was not going to go up to the alter call but if He wants me, then have the guest speaker pull me out of the crowd. I thought that would be a pretty good "test" since there were about 1,000 people there.

About 30 minutes into the service- not even during the alter call (!)- the minister pulled me out of the crowd, had me in front of the entire audience, and spent about 20-30 minutes talking to me in front of everyone. He knew some serious, private things about me that stunned the heck out of me. And I'm not talking about the vague John Edwards of "Crossing Over" fame and cold reading. "J? A? K? Is there an L that means anything to you?" Oh no, this guy didn't ask questions- he went right down a list and told me things I never told a soul. It was so detailed and private I remember getting almost irritated with him for saying such things in front of everyone.

After he was finished, I went back to my seat and was kind of stewing a bit. You have to remember, I was a die hard skeptic and still am over many things. Instead of accepting it, I told God again that I wasn't trying to be dense but I needed more. Please help me know this is not a coincidence but you really, truly are "there." At that moment, the minister stopped in the middle of his sermon again and told me in front of everyone, "What you just asked God for you are going to receive." Then he continued on with his sermon. Then, you guessed it, about thirty minutes later he stopped his sermon, again, and talked with me for another 20 minutes or so. I was bawling my head off at that point and finally accepted Christ.

All it takes is for us to give God that one moment and He will show Himself to you.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
And now here are the "silly" ones that might seem more like coincidences to the nonbeliever but I think they're pretty cool.

2) I was around ten to twelve years old and was sitting by myself in the back classroom after school waiting for my aunt (the same one in my mother's story above) who was the principle to finish with some things (she was my ride home
). I was reading a little booklet about how God does things that make no sense to us and how we won't find out the meaning until later. Like people who get stuck at a red light when they're in a hurry only to see a huge wreck occur ahead of them where their car would have been.

In my childhood innocence (remember, I was not yet a true Christian) I told God it would be cool if something like this would happen to me. A little while later, I got up to check on my aunt's status but as I was walking to the classroom door, it slammed right in front of me. I was very surprised how a heavy metal door could go from being wide open to slamming shut by itself without any wind or anything and I did not (and still do not) believe in ghosts. Even at the time I remember thinking, "This means something but I don't know what."

After I walked out, the son of the teacher who was talking with my aunt came running through the door at the intersecting hallway. He pushed the heavy metal door open with such force that he knocked down the piled up cinder blocks that had been stacked up almost to the ceiling for the new classrooms being built. I stood there thinking, "Wow. If I hadn't taken two seconds to stop and open that door those would have fallen right where I would have been standing."

3). This is just a fun one and an example of God's sense of humor and how He plays with those who love Him. Around 2001-2002 when I was a flight attendant for Continental Airlines I was sitting on the very back jump seat while we were waiting for our turn for take off. I was thinking about a story my mother told me and how God often plays with His people. For example, one day she was driving in her car and said, "I love you God! Do you love me?" and when she looked up, there was a perfectly formed heart- not in the clouds but the overcast had actually separated to where the blue sky in the overcast was the shape of a heart.

I was praying silently and thinking about such stories (there are many) and asked why He never plays with me. I also started thinking about the passages in the Bible where He promises to send His "latter day rain" out on people (of course this means blessing through the Holy Spirit and such and not actual rain). But for some reason I was thinking about latter day rain and the way He often plays with His people.

This sounds like I'm being a brat but I was in a very joyful mood and meant it playfully when I prayed, "How come we're not like that? Why do you play with other but not me? Where's MY latter day rain?" The A.C. vent suddenly started to drip on me just a tad- maybe a drop every two or three seconds. I playfully replied, "Oh come on! How much do you love me? Just a few drops worth?" The second I thought that the entire water line broke and I was dowsed with water while belted in with my seat.

Again, those are two of the "silly" ones but He does so much all the time. I could list ten more but when you know Him, you know exactly how He works.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The videos are quite entertaining and beautiful.

No matter what happens in life, everyone should SMILE each and everyday to keep the winding roads straight – a straight path to God.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
WOW, girl!
You are young but, not only are you smart and zealous, but you have quite a testimony!
I have really enjoyed your victorious exchanges on this forum!
It sounds like you come from a long line of Women Of Faith.

Oh, hehe. Yes, they are all Christians and I was one of the last remaining skeptic in my family. I was hesitant to share these stories because I am still a skeptic in many areas and God is really the only thing I do believe in terms of the "unknown." If God had not moved for me the way He did, I'd probably still be an unbeliever. I also started studying Christian Apologetics because I wanted more proof!
Can we say dense?! I'm only 28 and hope He's not finished working on any of us yet. Not because He needs it but because we do!

[edit on 1/17/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Greetings!

I just thought I would share some of the awsome Christian Music and lyrics which i listen to. I have found that The Lord often speaks to me very powerfully through a particular piece of music and other times I am just refreshed by the praise and worship that the music makes possible that isn't quite as powerful when done acapella, if you will.

One of my all-time favorite Christian songwriters and performers is Keith Green and one of my all-time favorite songs that he recorded is, "To Obey is Better Than Sacrifice" both because of the lyrics which inspire to greater levels of commitment and service to The Lord but also for the sheer beauty of the message itself.

Keith was a wonderful inspiration and role model for Christians when it comes to commitment and service; sadly, for those of us left behind, Keith went home to be with the Lord in 1984 but his music lives on after him and continues to show what it means to be totally committed to Christ. I am always incredibly uplifted by his music and also seriously convicted by the Holy Spirit about the need for improvement in my own walk with Him.

Here are the lyrics to two of Keiths songs that I recommend to you:

To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice

To obey is better than sacrifice,

I don't need your money, I want your life.

And I hear you say that I'm coming back soon,

But you act like I'll never return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you speak of grace and my love so sweet,

How you thrive on milk, but reject my meat,

And I can't help weeping of how it will be,

If you keep on ignoring my words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well you pray to prosper and succeed,

But your flesh is something I just can't feed.

To obey is better than sacrifice.

I want more than Sunday and Wednesday nights,

Cause if you can't come to me every day,

Then don't bother coming at all.

Lah, lah,lah….

To obey is better than sacrifice.

I want hearts of fire, not your prayers of ice.

And I'm coming quickly, to give back to you,

According to what you have done,

According to what you have done,

According to what you have done.

There is a Redeemer

There is a redeemer, Jesus, God's own Son,

Precious Lamb of God, Messiah, Holy One,

Jesus my redeemer, name above all names,

Precious Lamb of God, Messiah,

Oh, for sinners slain.

Thank you oh my father, for giving us Your Son,

And leaving Your Spirit, till the work on Earth is done.

When I stand in Glory, I will see His face,

And there I'll serve my King forever,

In that Holy Place.

There is a redeemer, Jesus, God's own Son,

Precious Lamb of God, Messiah, Holy One,

May God continue to bless and empower all those who are called by His name. We are Children of the King and heirs of the Promise! Praise be the Lord!

LS

P.S. Thanks for starting this great thread Ducky. It was definitely needed.

[edit on 1/17/2008 by lightseeker]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well I cant say I am a angel. When you say angel I picture a holy being and worker of God that can enter heaven.

Bible says that every person has there own angel.

But I am deffently a believer of God and Jesus Christ the SON OF GOD. I read the bible and believe in the word of God. I am not a church goer cuz i would believe the bible over the preacher. IT seams to me that a preacher would want you to believe more in there religion over the bible and that is wrong.

I am not so much as a trinity believer for Jesus prayed and called god is own God. but I believe and pray and try to stay in spirit everyday. Ill do my best to do good in my life and those around.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well I cant say I am a angel. When you say angel I picture a holy being and worker of God that can enter heaven.

Bible says that every person has there own angel.

But I am deffently a believer of God and Jesus Christ the SON OF GOD. I read the bible and believe in the word of God. I am not a church goer cuz i would believe the bible over the preacher. IT seams to me that a preacher would want you to believe more in there religion over the bible and that is wrong.

I am not so much as a trinity believer for Jesus prayed and called god is own God. but I believe and pray and try to stay in spirit everyday. Ill do my best to do good in my life and those around.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Hi pikypiky,

I totally agree with your last post and being quite new here thought it a good thought to expand on.

Smiling everyday and keeping the winding road as straight as possible is a lot more difficult than one might think. Sometimes, personally, its almost as if my struggle to this end is in vain.

I've found that a profound love is accessible to all of us yet inside their is a terrible opposition to its expression. This love is so grand it practically deifies description and once felt its all you could ever want; need. It makes every crooked thing straight
However, that crooked element lingers on. It continually assaults the purity and righteousness and intention of every kind smile by trying to change it into something other than its sentiment.

It pushes all that is beautiful away. I keep on fighting and so should everyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances and I believe the day is soon coming were such ugliness will no longer be an obstacle to travel. Sometimes it takes two for love to shine.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The bell rings out:

~Ducky~

[edit on 22-3-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That which we suppose for others, doesn't hold truth, in the ways that we would like to acknowledge for everyone. We strive to uphold HIS truth, being berated and kicked to the side, as what ALL mankind has deemed to see us fit. We are the spiritual ones that strive forward, smongsts misgivings and perpetrations. We echo the teachings of ONE who has taken us into HIS fold, and promises to return again, to take the loosened soverign reins, that needed to be tightened, and eshew the Way. For this, WE are greatful.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
"We are believers - We believe there is more to this world than what science can portray to us.

*We are believers because: we didn't succumb to more than what the logical brain portrays before us*

*We are believers because there IS more than what the logical brain can EVER portray before us*"

I`m a believer, thank you very much for the thread, good to see that denying ignorance does not equate with denying God.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

We're very HAPPY to have you aboard Cam!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
" But because we do "

Yes Ashley jugding by that temptress avatar I would say so..

For we need to be carefull of what we do.. I just seen that and it is a stimulating image..... Young souls might see that so watch it...

I myself need much prayers as well and have made mistakes like this as well but I am learning and you will too....

" to not reprove is to condone "

now you souls may resume your conversation

peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join