It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Angels!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
(This has nothing to do with any posts before, I just had this thought, and figured this would be a good place to post it
)

I've always tried to live my life with one of the simplest but more profound teachings in the bible.

"Judge not least ye be judged."

I think that people, and us Christians, lose sight of this from time to time. I've always tried to treat people the same way I wanted to be treated, but I'm as much a victim as anyone else of straying from that from time to time. I've also tried to not automatically judge people right away, but again, I've been a victim of that monster too.

I just think it's something that we should remind ourselves of in the morning, and really try and stick to it. It makes your day better, and it really makes you feel good when someone is being jerk to you, but you still treat them with that kindness like you would want them to treat you with.

Just a random thought... on with the posts.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Blue Star for you, Valdimer!

Not only is it a good thing for its own sake, refraining one's self from condemning others WILL lead, eventually, to a divine ability to truly love one's neighbor as one's self.

A true reward!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
What im saying is that in some post he would come in and tell me Prayer is false and comparing God to flying monsters.

Thats pretty rude to keep doing this. many people hold their faiths like treasure, and for him to do it blatantly is rude.

" is that how angels act "

No, but angels also are supposed to be wise as serpants. while I dont season my speach with salt always, you still have to tell the difference from sincerity to arrogance.

If he wouldnt say that

"its false"
" nothing after death "

so confidently with arrogance, than I would respond nicer to him and it would be more civil.

Everything else I say thats seems rude, I apologize.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Thats pretty rude to keep doing this. many people hold their faiths like treasure, and for him to do it blatantly is rude.

Well, maybe so. Yet the fifth amendment guarantees us that right, if we so desire.

" is that how angels act "

No, but angels also are supposed to be wise as serpants.

And harmless as doves! In speech and in action.

If he wouldnt say that

"its false"
" nothing after death "

so confidently with arrogance, than I would respond nicer to him and it would be more civil.

But how YOU respond (instead of react) is totally and ultimately up to YOU. Not anyone else. That's something we all forget from time to time.

Everything else I say thats seems rude, I apologize.

peace.

No need to apologize, I don't think. I'm not trying to criticize you or anyone else; just hoping to remind us all. ♥

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Praise You In This Storm

Voice of Truth

Strong Tower

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

If he wouldnt say that

"its false"
" nothing after death "

But just look at the future eternity that "He" faces.... Nothingness....

We have to step up and assume the role of understanding and compassion for our eternity is set for us and our houses built...

Perhaps his and others questioning is in reality the beginning of a search for the real truth and the acceptance of Jesus and His teachings?

If that is the case, we must never turn anyone away

Semper

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Thanks alot queenannie, and whoever else put that star up! I don't think I've ever had a post starred before!

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildcat

In my opinion,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the fact that madness or anyone else can ask questions or state a belief.

That is the 'purpose' of this thread.

To share ones beliefs.

I said from the beginning: ALL are welcome

Just because I deemed this a 'Spiritual' thread, doesn't 'dis-clude' others from posting their ideas/faiths/beliefs.

The only pre-requesite that I stipulated was that EVERYONE be civil. Be 'kind and mindful to the words' unto others that might not agree with our own teachings or otherwise.

I'm advocating a 'tolerance - with respectful empathy'.

This isn't too much to ask for?

I know for a FACT that we can share ideas/faiths and stories with each other on many civic basis.

Turn the other cheek...

Truely LISTEN to each others' words.

Do not always be so quick with the tongue.

"Our Lord didn't ask that we fight 'EVERY' fight.

He came initially to serve. We must follow His example.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yes I agree. But some will deny everything because they dont want God to exist. these type exist. Now you have to use your sense of common sense to see this.

I will stay out of this tread, and see if madness can debate in a sincere way.

And the reason I know those type exist, because I have lived with one for my whole life my brother.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
oh and im not trying to push madness away. Hes a soul of God, and when im off of this internet, im only going to be here for alittle bit, I will remember him everyday and pray for him the more.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I will stay out of this tread, and see if madness can debate in a sincere way.

peace.

I think you see madness as debating unsincerely because the two of you have completely different beliefs. It's ok, because these kind of thoughts can happen to anybody.

I don't think madness is who you think he is, there may not be need of praying for him. The best way for him to believe, is for him to pray on his own.

And it's all up to him, no one has the right to force him to convert. I believe it is rude to try to convert someone.

Now madness, there is evidence for god that I think you may find interesting, such as the bleeding eucharist. If you do research it, if I were you I would try to find evidence for a hoax.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

YES they will deny.

How dare us tell others the 'way it is'.

Just like in the bible: (paraphrasing) "The apostles will go from town to town. They will spread the word. There will be those who won't accept the word. Those who don't accept...we take our sandals off and shake."

Don't FORCE the word of the LORD

p.s. continue to spread the word....don't fight the 'Lords' fight'. be kind to others..."Don't be a martyr...unless HE says." Christian

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
PRIDE

"How dare WE suppose for the LORD?"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Jesus wants us to try and convert in a good way. He said didnt he, to go and preach the word of God and good news.

I want him to convert for his benefit, not mine.

I dont consider myself close to God. Im a slimeball that needs massive mercy, and I fear him to death.

I actually put myself lightyears behind Madness. Im not as good as him.

Im still lazy, I sin, im full of bad temper speech, even if its justified, I should control my speach.

Im good for nothing, unless however I have his grace. Not only does his grace control control our breaths and sustain us, but gives us wisdom.

I truly believe im worse than everybody, and do not feel close to the Lord though I want to be.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh and the will of God is to pray for sinners and souls and suffer for their sins and sacrafice.

peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

The WILL OF GOD.

The Will of God.

I DO NOT EVER SUPPOSE The will of our LORD

How dare YOU or anyone else suppose what our LORD thinks unto us?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Good God Duckster what are you talking about?

Jesus makes it know in the bible, and tells us to do his will.

Many saints have lived their lives doing his will. The will of God is to love him, neighbor, and to pray for sinners and spread his word.

any clear thinking Christian knows this.

peace.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Good God Duckster what are you talking about?

Jesus makes it know in the bible, and tells us to do his will.

Many saints have lived their lives doing his will. The will of God is to love him, neighbor, and to pray for sinners and spread his word.

any clear thinking Christian knows this.

peace.

Good GOD Jesus is Truth.

We know that our LORD makes it truth. He already told us HIS will.

How dare we suppose HIS WILL.

Cut from the same cloth.

Let us NOT suppose 'our' wills upon others.

The LORD is 'subtle', and the devil is "SEDUCTIVE".

Let us NOT suppose what 'we think', that HE will give unto us.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am a believer and I have a very close relationship with God, but I am not a Christian. I believe Jesus exsisted, I just don't buy the virgin birth scenario. I believe he existed as a man, a great man perhaps, but a man nonetheless.

I am not here to debate that however, just explaining my beliefs.

I have had many prayers or odd fortunate events happen in the last 6 months beginning with our house burning down last valentines day due to electrical malfunctions. I know it sounds bad, but it really was a blessing in disguise.

There are just too many things that happen that can't be explained. Mere coincidences? Perhaps, but I feel that there are certain situations that are just too "weird" to be mere coincidences.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Exactly!

It's the personal attacks that bother me.

People can word their speeches 'oh so slightly', and the underlying meaning can be so misconstrued.

This IS a faith forum

Everyone is invited to share their Spiritual beliefs.

~Doing so...in a respectable and courteous way~

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join