It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Astrophysicist in Peru Identifies Properties in Meteorite

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   


(LIP-ir) -- Peru's La Republica newspaper reported today that Ronald Woodman, director of Peru's Geophysical Institute, stated that the meteorite which landed in Puno on Saturday had high levels of iron.

In addition, Woodman stated that astrophysicist José I#suka of Peru's Geophysics Institute, had collected samples of the meteorite and had confirmed that it contained a high degree of iron.

"The specialist José I#suka has confirmed, after analyzing pieces of the object, that it is a meteorite with a high degree of iron and (contains) magnetic properties, characteristic of these objects," explained Woodman.

www.livinginperu.com...


Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites that supports the thread; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as it relates to the thread.

[edit on 22/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 22-9-2007 by whoreallyknows]




posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Oops, sorry I'm a newbie. My question for discussion is do you think the magnetic properties or the iron is what made them sick? Also, can simply being near high levels of iron make you sick?




[edit on 22-9-2007 by whoreallyknows]



posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
Oops, sorry I'm a newbie. My question for discussion is do you think the magnetic properties or the iron is what made them sick? Also, can simply being near high levels of iron make you sick?




[edit on 22-9-2007 by whoreallyknows]

source :
Meteor Sickness explination

I Found this from the same source as your own. The quote and the later contradiction is what gets me



"The geophysicists have determined that there isn't radiation in the area, the problems people were having have been attributed to toxic subsoil gases which have not been specified yet," stated López Tejada.


The "possible" contradiction ,in the next paragraph ,in the article is as follows



The health authority has officially requested that people stay away from the glowing object that fell from the sky. He made this request due to the fact that many curious people have come from all over to observe the crater.


the way it is written leads me to believe that it is still glowing.

As far as the high iron content causing the sickness ... i doubt it very much.
as far as the magnetic properties of the chondrite meteor, doesn't point to that direction either since there is no direction as to the strength of the field.



posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Have you seen any pics of this? If anyone has pictures please post them or link.

The toxic topsoil gases seems a bit of a stretch in my opinion. I think whats making these people sick is not from the soil but from the object itself. I'd like to see the readings of the magnetic properties.



posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jtc1967
 


Perhaps the meteorite touched off of a natural gas pocket and that's what's causing the glowing.



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join