It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two stealth-bomber shaped aircraft just vanished into thin air!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I just saw the most amazing thing!

I was just sitting outside having a cigarette and I was looking up (as I always do since I joined this site) and I saw the most amazing thing. In a straight flight path above my head I saw what looked like an eagle that wasn't flapping it's wings. It was at least several thousand feet up, so it was much too big to be an eagle and was flying at the speed of a passenger jet. I figured it might be a stealth bomber because it was flying in a straight path. But then it just vanished right into thin air!! And then on the same flight path right behind it I saw another one. And then it too vanished into thin air!!! It had to be some kind of aircraft because I heard the jets, but it left no contrail. I wish I would have had a camera with me. It was unbelievable!! It has been raining out so there are plenty of clouds in the sky. But they didn't fly into the clouds. If it had been just one plane, I would figure, okay, maybe I'm just seeing things. But there were two, and they were identical, flying on the exact same straight path. I live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles county. What the hell were these??

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure if the gov't had developed optical stealth technology, they wouldn't then go and test it in broad daylight over Los Angeles.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
PJ, did they look like stealth or were they V-shaped, lacking a fuselage?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
I'm pretty sure if the gov't had developed optical stealth technology, they wouldn't then go and test it in broad daylight over Los Angeles.

Maybe, maybe not. But the technology does exist.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I'm not going to debate whether or not the technology exists, but it's just simple logic not to test secret things over the second most populous city in the country. A government that did that wouldn't have secrets for very long, and it's not like the US gov't is lacking in more suitable test sites.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
PJ, did they look like stealth or were they V-shaped, lacking a fuselage?

They had no visible fuselage, not like the Aurora. They really looked like eagles, with wings outstretched. Had it been only one, had it not flown in a perfectly straight flight path, had it not been so big, and had it not disappeared into thin air, I would have thought it was an eagle. They were V-shaped. The wings weren't swept back as much as the F-117A Stealth Fighter, they looked more like the Stealth bomber. They might have been joined in the middle by some small type of fusealage, it was very hard to tell from the altitude they were at. But they were by no means flying at extreme high altitudes. I would say the clouds were 5,000 feet, tops.

[edit on 9/22/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I'm not going to debate whether or not the technology exists, but it's just simple logic not to test secret things over the second most populous city in the country. A government that did that wouldn't have secrets for very long, and it's not like the US gov't is lacking in more suitable test sites.

Well you don't have to debate it. It's not like I am some random video on youtube. I'm telling you what I saw, and I'm not crazy. These things vanished into thin air. Had it been only one, I would say I might have been seeing things, but there were two of them. It would be much easier to say they were eagles, then people wouldn't think I am nuts. But eagles don't make the sound of a jet airplane.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

I'd like to know how that guy does that, if it is not CGI.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

It was raining all day long, I'll verify that. That is not CGI btw it is real and has been discussed on ATS before. I am really curious as to what you saw today? Could it have possibly gone behind a cloud?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
PJ, the reason I'm pressing you on the shape is that I've seen three V-shaped craft flying over LA, and I feel it's more likely to be a true ufo if it's not stealth shaped. There's a big distinction between the two, that being that the B-2's fuselage is blended into the wings, whereas what I'm talking about lacks a fuselage altogether. See below.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug

Well you don't have to debate it. It's not like I am some random video on youtube. I'm telling you what I saw, and I'm not crazy. These things vanished into thin air. Had it been only one, I would say I might have been seeing things, but there were two of them. It would be much easier to say they were eagles, then people wouldn't think I am nuts. But eagles don't make the sound of a jet airplane.

I'm not questioning that you saw "something", I'm sure you did. I'm questioning whether or not you're really qualified to make some of the jumps in reason that you made in the first post. What makes you think you can accurately judge the size and distance of a flying object that far away in a cloud filled sky? Have you had some kind of training in that? You say it made a noise like a jet airplane, ok, how can you be sure the sound you heard came from the object you saw?

It just seems like the chances of you being innocently mistaken about what you saw is far greater than the chances of disappearing stealths flying over LA.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

How do you know for sure? Did you ever think that many UFO sightings could just be our own top secret aircraft? I think to ultimatly prove the technology would work in real world conditions, a test like this would be needed. It's not like the average UFO spotter gets major recognition in the MSM. Even when multiple people witness the same sighting. These things are easily dismissed as nothing, or swept under the rug.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole

I think to ultimatly prove the technology would work in real world conditions, a test like this would be needed.

why? gov't employees don't have eyes?

[edit on 23-9-2007 by random hero]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
It was raining all day long, I'll verify that. That is not CGI btw it is real and has been discussed on ATS before. I am really curious as to what you saw today? Could it have possibly gone behind a cloud?

It was not raining ALL day long, kleverone. It was between 4:30 and 4:45 p.m. when I was sitting outside and I saw this. The rain/drizzle had stopped an hour ago at this point. It didn't even drizzle a bit after around 3:30 p.m. It did not go behind a cloud, or in a cloud -- it never emerged from the cloud! My eyes were affixed on that area of the sky for several minutes. I live in Chatsworth (the north end of the valley). They were both flying South, towards Ventura Blvd.

No, they weren't birds so they weren't flying south for the winter.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

PJ, the reason I'm pressing you on the shape is that I've seen three V-shaped craft flying over LA, and I feel it's more likely to be a true ufo if it's not stealth shaped. There's a big distinction between the two, that being that the B-2's fuselage is blended into the wings, whereas what I'm talking about lacks a fuselage altogether. See below.

It looked much more like the B-2, but the wings appeared to be a tiny bit longer from my perspective. It didn't look like those V-shaped UFOs. From what I've read, UFOs don't tend to give off jet-type sounds, but I've never seen one so I don't know. It is my opinion that these aircraft were something from our military. Keep in mind, Edwards AFB is only about 90 minutes from here.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
True enough, I didn't mean in the literal sense, more in the California sense, although it did rain here more than in the valley(wife was on the phone with friend over there during rain.
That is very strange
I would guess maybe cloaking tech as seen in the vid. Unless someone has a better explanation?

[edit on 23-9-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You say it made a noise like a jet airplane, ok, how can you be sure the sound you heard came from the object you saw?

I can't. But I have seen jets fly over me before, all the time actually. They cross my airspace all the time to land at Burbank, so I have a very good idea about the time it takes the sound from the jet to reach me. And the sound I heard today was definitely coming from the direction these aircraft were travelling in, and after the aircraft vanished, so did the sound about 10 - 12 seconds later. I am very good at gauging time. I can put a meal in my microwave, set it for 10 minutes, go outside, and come back in with 10 seconds left on the timer -- I do this all the time.

Sound travels at between 650 to 700 miles per hour, which is about 11 miles per minute, which is about 1/5 of a mile per second, or about 1056 feet. That would mean that by the time the sound stopped that they were already 2 miles away. That seems to fit in with my visual perception of these aircraft.

It just seems like the chances of you being innocently mistaken about what you saw is far greater than the chances of disappearing stealths flying over LA.

Yes, that would be the obvious case. As a skeptic myself, I would be in your shoes had I not seen these myself. And had I only seen one object disappear, I would agree with you. But there were two.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
It didn't look like those V-shaped UFOs. From what I've read, UFOs don't tend to give off jet-type sounds, but I've never seen one so I don't know. It is my opinion that these aircraft were something from our military. Keep in mind, Edwards AFB is only about 90 minutes from here.

Thanks for clarifying that. The boomerangs I saw were dead silent, so considering that you could hear them and that they had a B-2 appearance, you must be right that they were military.

BTW, I believe you 100% that you saw something anomalous. I've seen way to many of your posts where you rant about lying and such.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that. The boomerangs I saw were dead silent, so considering that you could hear them and that they had a B-2 appearance, you must be right that they were military.

BTW, I believe you 100% that you saw something anomalous. I've seen way to many of your posts where you rant about lying and such.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by yuefo]

That reminds me a scene from "Wag The Dog", arguably one of the best movies ever. The scene basically went something like this:

".. and it's got nothing to do with the B-3 bomber." -- DeNiro
"What B-3 bomber? There is no B-3 bomber." -- Hesche
"Where did you go to school? There is no B-3 bomber. Denied." -- DeNiro

[edit on 9/23/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslugI figured it might be a stealth bomber because it was flying in a straight path.

How exactly did you make that deduction?

What was it shaped like?

Edit: Nvm on the latter already answered.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by Kacen]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join