It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the last time, this is NOT a Yankees hat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I must get approached by Yankee fans at least once a week, talking about recent events having to do with the Yankees. People always ask, "so how did the Yankees do yesterday?" And I tell them I don't know.

Then they stare and look puzzled for awhile, until I inform them that my hat is NOT a Yankees, but a METS hat. Then comes the snubb. You know, the disgusted expression with a look away. It's gettin old people! If you are such a fan of the Yankees, then why the heck don't you know your own team's symbol?

It's funny, because I never see Mets fans making the same mistake. I find that many people just act like they are Yankee fans because they think that the Yanks never lose. The Mets may have a smaller fan base, but its much more loyal.

Anyways, if your going to be a fan of a team, at least know what their logo is.:shk:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I had something like that happen with me, except it was a World of Warcraft shirt >_<
I had one of my friends confuse the heck out of my bf one day, I had told them my bf is a fan of the Chargers, and they came in and started talking about the Chargers to my bf. I was laughing because my bf had this huge puzzled look on his face, and so did the person at the checkout who overheard the convo. Both of them were like "how did he know?" Whilst I'm rolling on the floor at my register

Cheer up, a lot of people arent all that observant

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Mets do have an intertwined NY logo that is most likely a ripoff from the Yankees and could easily be mistaken for it.

Mets people, why don't you just use their real full logo:

No risk of getting it wrong there!

[edit on 9/22/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Good idea, but that logo is to busy to be put on a hat. If your a fan, the difference between the Yanks and Mets logos are like night and day! I can see how it could be confusing, but that all brings me back to the point of "why do fans act like fans, when they know they aren't?"

PS: Please deny me if I'm being ignorant, but this post sounds like its coming from a yankee fan...

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
That's so funny because yesterday morning I was wearing a Mets cap and this guy was like, "Ew, you like the Yankees?" And my friend was like "Dude, that's the Mets..." And it was like .. "Oh.." Pretty funny.

But I don't know, they are pretty similar.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
PS: Please deny me if I'm being ignorant, but this post sounds like its coming from a yankee fan...

I think I'm more neutral than anything even being a New Yorker, but I guess if I had to pick I would go with the Yankees, so maybe you got me there.

But really I don't care much at all. I've lived here for over ten years and never went to a game of either team.

edit to add:

Obviously I'd cheer for either team against any other non-NYC foe.

[edit on 9/29/2007 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

join