It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talabani Urges US to Release Iranian Detainee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has blasted the United States for the arrest Thursday of an Iranian and called for his immediate release. The U.S. military said the detainee is a member of an elite Iranian unit that has been accused of training and equipping insurgents in Iraq, but Talabani said he is a civil servant who was on an official trade mission in Iraq's Kurdistan region.
The "letter of resentment" was dated Thursday and addressed to Ryan Crocker, U.S. ambassador to Iraq, and Gen. John Petraeus. Presumably, the Iraqi president was referring to U.S. Gen. David Petraeus, commander of multinational forces in Iraq.

CNN.COM

Wow, I think Talabani is a little upset. I mean, to send a letter of resentment can not in any way be construed as "GOOD" for US/Iraqi relations. After all, he is the president there. Either way, I see a bigger picture here.
Is there any remote chance that Iraq will ask the US to leave their territory? They certainly just did the same to Blackwater Contracting. Have the Iranians directly threatened Iraq to manipulate a certain outcome?
In the event the Iranians do give the U.S. the boot, what then? I am perplexed as to the thought of that out come. Think of it like this, If the US is planning to attack Iran, Iraq would be an excellent launching point. However, if the US is asked to leave Iraq, they will have to bring everyone home and launch from there. The price for this " Round Trip " could quite possibly cost billions in addition to losing other strategic and non-strategic advantages.
At this point, I can see several possible outcomes to this scenario.
1) Iraq will not ask the US to leave.
2) Iraq asks the US to leave and the US leaves Iraq territory, .. .. and heads straight for Iran.
3) Iraq asks the US to leave and then suddenly there are several terrorist attacks, or one major attack to which the US justifies as the reason that we will not withdraw from Iraq, . .. and then launches an attack on Iran from Iraq.
4) Iraq asks the US to leave, the US runs to attack Iran all the while Iraq stabs the US in the back making the US an "Easier" kill.
In my personal opinion, those are all very possible outcomes.
I certainly believe that US relations in Iraq have seriously deteriorated. In light of current events such as this merely adds testament to those possibilities.

Is this paranoid delusion, Or, does anyone else see this?
Let me know.

Daniel

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
or..as an outcome... U.S. kills Jalal Talabani appoint's who they want( one with U.S. intrest) and pretty much take over iraq.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Kingofpain, that as well is a conceivable outcome. Considering that Iraq is crawling with CIA operatives that are more than capable of orchestrating such a possibility.

new topics

join