It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thePiratebay gets proof of being hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Source: thepiratebay.org...

TPB files charges against media companies

Thanks to the email-leakage from MediaDefender-Defenders we now have proof of the things we've been suspecting for a long time; the big record and movie labels are paying professional hackers, saboteurs and ddosers to destroy our trackers.

While browsing through the email we identified the companies that are also active in Sweden and we have tonight reported these incidents to the police. The charges are infrastructural sabotage, denial of service attacks, hacking and spamming, all of these on a commercial level.

This is huge an incredibly hilarious

But it happens everyday, you ever wonder about Microsoft an Mac.... hmmm A conspiracy of sorts eh

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Gotta love piratebay. They really know how to twist the law to their advantage.

Scandinavian ingenuity, with a healthy dose of Loki.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hooray for TPB, I hope they are completely successful in this. I despise anti-piracy organizations, you can't touch bittorrent without the whiney copyright freaks illegally hammering your ports to Hell and back trying to spy on you and see what you're doing.

What they do is illegal, torrents are fragmented therefor can not be copyrighted. Only if you are in possession of a fully completed, copyrighted torrent file which has not been officially released for public downloading can it be said that you're in violation of a copyright. Yet you can't download so much as a tenth of a torrent without getting hammered to death by various anti-piracy pests, it is illegal and unwarranted harrassment.

new topics

join