It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have stopped believing in life outside of this country

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Whether you take this post at the literal sense or the philisophical sense, it's a good one to comtemplate.

I have had the fortune of being able to travel and have seen a fair bit of the world, in the literal sense.

The original poster said "I have stopped believing in life outside this country"

I believe that there are millions of people all over the world who have a similar feeling about the world and there lives.................and there are millions more who have never even contemplated this very idea.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This topic reminds me so much of the 'just-prior-to-Columbus' era.

The world was flat and you will fall off if you sail to the edge.

Now, the 'off' exists, and the rest of the flat world doesnt exist.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Australia is my home and to the person who thought we were made up because we have weird animals I say this:

Strange animals - small chance of being made up

Strange everything else - (USA anyone?) large chance of being made up.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Forgive me, but isn't this your standard high school question?
You know, the "if reality is what we experience with the senses and belief is a product of our knowledge, what is an illusion, that is experienced with the senses but known to be wrong?"

mind you, you'll have to figure that out yourselves coz I failed that question.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
You know, when I was a kid I used to think sometimes that nothing really exists outside of me, and that maybe everyone I know could be robots or pawns put in place only for me.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viendin

I think its funny, the positions people take.

This guy brings up a question of whether anything other than America really exists.

Half take it literally. Half take the spiritual, deeper meaning. Of those who took it literally, half try to assure him that other places exist, and half tell him this thread is stupid, or comment on the degradation of society.

Of the half that took the spiritual cake and ran with it, half said they could sympathize, because it really does make you think. The other half said that it was a pointless thread anyway.

Its just interesting, all of the division over a philosophical plea for help.

I don't think it's a philosophical plea for help as much as it is a plea for psychological help. Either that or it's a teenager with the standard teenager question.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeratualKalashnikov
I have never been outside the US. What I see on TV and in the news could be fake images, what my friends say about cancun may be hearsay. In fact there is no way you can proove to me that there are people living outside this country without actually taking me there.

Just something to think about.

You sound a bit like our fearless leader.

George Bush Jr. prior to becoming president, had never traveled outside of the USA, save for a trip to Toronto.

Get in a car, drive north and you will be in another country in one days time. Trust me, I have done it more times than I can remember.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Just something to think about.

Get in a car, drive north and you will be in another country in one days time. Trust me, I have done it more times than I can remember.

I don't thuink he can readily do that. You have to be a certain age for a drivers license.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join