It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have stopped believing in life outside of this country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I have never been outside the US. What I see on TV and in the news could be fake images, what my friends say about cancun may be hearsay. In fact there is no way you can proove to me that there are people living outside this country without actually taking me there.

Just something to think about.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well seeing as though I have lived both inside and outside of the US, I can't share your sentiment.

I don't really know what you are trying to get at with your post, but I am sure the US border is not too far from where you live, hop in a car and see for yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I live in northern california, San Francisco to be exact.

Border is pretty far.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Thats OK we don't want you to visit anyhow

I am sure that there are a vast number of Americans who share your belief

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You know what I was thinking back in the day after The Truman Show came out? What if everything was an elaborate ass hoax. Everytime you get in a plane the plane takes off and flies around in circles, or worse its a huge simulator that projects images on the windows.

Everyone lives in the same geographical region. The world is flat. We still live on Pangea. Why else would Saddams little nuclear BM's without IC capability pose a problem to Americans?

Just something to think about, even if for 1 second as you dismiss it. God what a stupid post.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Stupid, Yes... Valid... Yes

It comes down to the fact of you cant believe everything you hear... now i've travelled alot and i'm pretty sure that there are different countries and all that crap... but for someone who has never left their home country thing could well be that your country is the only one... its a very good thinking point though

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Be assured, there are many strange, foreign, interesting, countrys outside of our U.S. An example, quite probaly, of how our youth take all they have here for granted.
If you went third world for a while you would realize much, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeratualKalashnikov
I have never been outside the US. What I see on TV and in the news could be fake images, what my friends say about cancun may be hearsay. In fact there is no way you can proove to me that there are people living outside this country without actually taking me there.

Just something to think about.

HA, that's funny! Back in the day, I use to trip and argue (quite well I might add) that Australia may not actually exist. I mean they call coffee, beer and have all those strange animals. Sounds made up to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeratualKalashnikov
I have never been outside the US. What I see on TV and in the news could be fake images, what my friends say about cancun may be hearsay.

Good point ZK!! All our reality is what we perceive and interpret with our minds: unless we've "been there, done that.." etc, how can we *ever* know what is true?

However, I *can* assure you that the places I've visited - and this includes a lot of the UK, where I live - *does* exist, so don't worry too much about it... I've *never* been to the USA (unfortunately) but don't doubt that there *are* people there, as I communicate with quite a few through ATS!!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Tell you what ZK, I'm in Canada next football season lets trade places. Go Niners.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
forget what i posted..this is dumb!

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The wheels are spinning here, but the hampster is dead!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just think of all the illegal mexicans...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
You know i think there are a alot of people who think America is the only place in the world...only because you Americans think you own the world......well know there are other countries out there aswel.....this was a really stupid topic and i don't know why i wasted my time reading and after wasting my time reading it i thought i might as well reply and tell you that it is a really dumb idea.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here is a care kid from me for all Americans who are disoriented

and those who are interested in other countries should checkout www.cia.gov and their worldfactbook and read about every country. You will get some suprises if you can't name more than 20 countries - but as long as you are interested it is never too late.
A visit to europe, africa, south-america and asia is a must for all people in western countries(or north-america if in europe). But not the "see X in 7 days". Fast-food

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesite
You know i think there are a alot of people who think America is the only place in the world...only because you Americans think you own the world......

I'm an American and I don't think I own the world. If you think this thread is so stupid, why the hell did you post the most ignorant comment to date?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Everybody knows that the U.S. does not exist and that Bush is just a figment of our imaginations...

P.S.: This site is owned by an Englishman, so this site doesn't really exist either according to your logic...

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hey shoo, saw your map, because I'm from Canada I'm sdrawkcab?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Hey shoo, saw your map, because I'm from Canada I'm sdrawkcab?

Good thing I didn't create it but just linked. I am sure you got the clue behind that image anyways.

For those who will complain about me or others talking about stereotypes I suggest to take a close look at the National Geographic Survey from 2003 about the Geographic illiteracy.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First off this topic is unfortunate and does say something about both the state of education in the US and the mindset of a generation that spends too much time in front of optical sewage on television and computer, and not enough time on educational reading and expanding one's horizons beyond the comfort of the couch.

As for using this post as an excuse to bash Americans as a whole...

Originally posted by Nemesite
only because you Americans think you own the world......

I'm sorry you feel that way about us...
Sadly, those words just go to show how prejudice and stereotyping can occur on both sides of the ocean...

[Edited on 22-1-2004 by intelgurl]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join