It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superheros are real!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Found a link in a friend's LiveJournal today that featured an article about a man who got tired of violence and bullying and decided to become an anti-violence superhero.

www.philly.com...

So often we just sit around and grouse about things. It's interesting to see someone who took an idea, made it practical (developed a show. This is NOT easy! I've joined a storytelling guild recently and am learning how to tell tales in public.) and then actually took the show on the road.

There's another real life superhero I heard about recently... an anti-sexual harrassment superheroine called "Terrifica." abcnews.go.com...

Whether or not you agree with their purpose and politics, it's interesting that some dreamers are taking their fantasies and making them into an odd reality. My friend (the one whose journal I saw the link in) has a fascination with heros (he's a writer) and with people who quietly go "above and beyond" on a regular basis.

In any case, I thought I'd post something fluffy and amusing and a little different in here. We'd all like to be superheroes, but it takes a little nerve to wander around in costume and try to do something to improve the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

We'd all like to be superheroes, but it takes a little nerve to wander around in costume and try to do something to improve the world.

Superman did it.

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Superman was faster than a speeding bullet, could jump tall buildings in a single bound and had x-ray vision.

These people cant, cant , dont

[Edited on 7-12-2002 by Ezekiel]

join