It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irans new "super F18 eater" jet! US Should tremble!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Irans new "super F18 eater" jet! US Should tremble!

Here’s the Scotman’s/Reuter’s version of the story. Still sparse.
thestar.com.my

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran said on Thursday it had “scared its enemies” by test flying two new generation, domestically-produced jet fighter planes and had shown its battle readiness, the latest riposte to speculation about a war over Tehran’s nuclear plans.

French officials, including President Nicolas Sarkozy, have spurred talk about a possible war by saying the failure of diplomacy to resolve Iran’s dispute with the West over its atomic programme could result in conflict.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
thestar.com. my

MOD EDIT, removed excess paragraphs from quote

[edit on 22-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 23-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Personally to me it looks like an F-5 with a new tail and a few thunderstrikes painted on it! They say its more powerful than the f-18 but have not given any details. So they could be talking about the ejector seat or the explosive yield it has when a missile destroyes it!

thestar.com.my
(visit the link for the full news article)

The new Iran Jet

Compare it with the old F5

[edit on 22-9-2007 by onthefence81]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ya right...

We are hearing this about their nuke program too, but this is all just a political poly within their country. It is rather sad how bad they want the US to attack them just to reignite the extremist movement. They are in a civil war of their young wanting a better life with a more moderate view, and that is not how that countries’ leadership wants it to be.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Ya right...

We are hearing this about their nuke program too

I think you may find that they are only saying they have a nuclear program for power generation.. which could infact be true

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Iran is so full of it!
That plane looks like it is 3 or 4 generations old. There is no way in hell that plane is equal to or better than the super F18. Its really quite amusing.
Even IF it was equal or better than the super F18, I guess its good that we now have the F22 deployed.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am not an aviation expert but how the heck can you test something and put it into service several days later? And I dont think we should make fun of any technology, with enough numbers anything can be overcome, just like the russians did in WWII.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I came on here to kick your butt for the title, and now after reading what a few of my fellow posters have to say about it, I'll just leave. This is not my usual comfort zone nor my favorite topic, but come on... B.S.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Something tells me that the US is not shaking in its boots that it is going to loose any dogfights to these.

If it came to a war, their air force may actually get an aircraft a few feet off the ground, but I think that is going to be about the best they do. More likely they will hide their aircraft, the same way that Iraq did in the first Gulf War. This military bravado shows me that they either are so isolated that they just have no idea what they would be up against, or that they are actually afraid and just posturing.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The story about the development from the F-5 is old news I'm afraid.

However, if we're knocking developments of the F-5, could someone please remind me which plane the F-18 was developed from....?

Or is it just me that sees the family resemblance?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
However, if we're knocking developments of the F-5, could someone please remind me which plane the F-18 was developed from....?

Or is it just me that sees the family resemblance?

I don't see what you are trying to say for two reasons:

1) Every car today got its start from the model T.
2) The exterior design of the plane is not as important as the advanced avionics inside the plane. This is the real power of a jet fighter.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
hmmmmmm.

Personally to me it looks like an F-5 with a new tail and a few thunderstrikes painted on it!
I guess one should never underestimate the power of a good paint job to strike terror into one's enemies.

And if a paint job isn't enough, just "say" that your plane is more powerful and that it is already scaring your enemies.

Tehran says the Saegheh has similar capabilities to the U.S. F-18 fighter but is "more powerful". SOURCE

The only way that anyone could possibly believe Iran's statements is if they actually provided statistical data on the planes performance and it was confirmed through observation. Until that time, it is only propaganda. In this case, it would seem that Iran's propaganda is only meant to convince their own people and their "allies" of Iran's readiness and might.

[edit on 9/22/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is the same old hey looky here; we gots a new toy and mines bigger and better then yours, which in real life means nothing until one can see the aircraft can in fact out maneuver other aircraft that are considerd as the best.

[edit on 9/22/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Tehran says the Saegheh has similar capabilities to the U.S. F-18 fighter but is "more powerful". SOURCE

Does anyone actually think Washington would provide statistical data about the F18 to the Iranians? So, how would the Iranians know the 'true' capabilities of the F18? I find it to be very humorous. I think Iran is getting a bit to big for its britches. Maybe time to knock them down a few pegs?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ongoing news discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join