It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stargate is a spiritual medaphor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I believe stargate is not a story of Aliens or secret projects but is one of spirituality.

Lets look at the general theme. Bad parasites invade a person making him terrible evil, this new being enlsaves people and returns over and over in new hosts.

This is the story of a demon. what does the show call these demons, Go'uld not far from a tearm that dictates evil spirits Ghools. They also first appear as egyptians, a society that had a strong cult of the dead and claimed a form of God hood.

There servants the Jafa have a baby Go'uld and are not completly controlled, this is like those rapped in sin, they still have choice but do evil. They also have the mark of their false God on their forehead.

The Stargate itself is the vehicle to travel into the world of this evil and fight against the darkness. Just like baptism in water gives the spirit that greatly enables the knowledge of the war of dark and light.

The whole idea of asscention comes straight from budahism and their is no arguement about that even the clothing in the first episode they showed is a match, but in Stargate there is a really bad Assended being that turned from the benevolant loving creatures. This seems to be the fallen angel referance.

I sure there are other matches.

"Because it is so clear, it takes a longer time to realize it. If you
immediately know the candle light is fire, then the meal was cooked a long
time ago."

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ummmm, I think you mean, "Metaphor".

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You should remember, Redge777, that spiritual metaphors can be found in everything, if an observer has the required inclination. There is a sequence of events referred to by some people as synchronicity. Others call the same events miracles; still others call it coincidence. Which is it? Of course, no one can say for certain. All events are open to interpretation based on experience.

That you found a spiritual metaphor in the Stargate series does not mean that it was the original intention of the show's creators. However, while your post adequately states that this finding is your belief --

posted on 9/22/2007 at 03:16
I believe stargate is not a story of Aliens or secret projects but is one of spirituality.

-- the thread's title was a bit misleading.

By the by, I don't remember Egyptian society claiming any sort of Godhood. I'm personally inclined to believe that the similarity of the Goa'uld to Egyptians is related to the Ancient Astronaut theory. But as before, that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
One of the best things about this site is that you get very different interpretations about things depending on peoples background and interests. Ive noticed that bible readers often quote the bible to explain something, while others quote prophecies, while others think its a government plan and so on.

So I guess I just want to say keep it up... the bible seems to be filled with metaphors, so anything is possible.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

i think you're just adding your meaning where there isn't one. though, later in the show, buddhist influences can be seen in the form of the whole "ascension" thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sorry if the title was missleading, and has a misspelling, thanks for the comments.

I agree people project their own meanings into things, this makes art always a little more personal and I think is a good thing.

As far as it being Alien astronaught idea. I agree.

It is also is possibly trying to say religious belief come from natural phoenominon beyond our ability to understand and we call this wordly thing supernatural. Including of coarse alien visitation and alien control through physical chemical processes. Sort of along the line of the episode where the greys are introduced as pretending to be the god thor, or the Ori coming and demanding worship, with rigid religous system to back up the following of the top power.

Anyway the show is great, thanks for comments

top topics

join