It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus passes infront of moon on May 21, 2004?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Does anyone or can anyone tie this into the speculations regarding "Planet X"?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dugzdanglindiner
Does anyone or can anyone tie this into the speculations regarding "Planet X"?

Huh? First, you should know, this statement on the tread is false. Venus will never pass in front of the moon. Second, venus is the second planet from the sun (we're #3), and "Planet X" was thought to be the 10th planet from the sun, but turned out to be a moon of Pluto (called Charon, I think).

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
^ You are correct. Charon is Pluto's moon. Pluto is very interesting to observe, if you have at least a 10" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope; I have a 10" LX200 GPS. Although you can't see Charon, Pluto, right now, is set next to some equally bright (+13 magnitude) stars in Ophiuchus. It will be visible late this spring early in the morning once again.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

It would, however, make for some AWESOME viewing of Venus through my scope.

BG

I'm no rocket scientist, but Im pretty sure if venus passes 'tween the earth and the moon...you aint gonna need a scope...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
TheConservative, I'm looking for a reflector telescope. I want to see some planets and gaze at the moon and the sun (I know about the sun-filters).

Can you tell me what the minimum size mirror I should go for to see at least a couple of the planets? I don't need mega-expensive kit, just enough to get me started, learning and something I won't hate in 2 months.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh my god, how many people who posted in this thread actually looked at the article? Like, 4?

It says that Venus will pass between earth and the sun, and it will happen in the same year that a total lunar eclipse will make venus, mars, a slew of other planets and 2 comets very visible.

It states that this year, we'll have venus directly block our view of the sun, and it'll happen again in 2012, last time it happened was 1882, and the next time after 2012 will be 2117.

The thread's name was a mistake, the article doesn't say that venus will be passing between us and the moon!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The Venus Transit of June 8, 2004 is clearly the astronomical event of the year. But it may be much, much more than that. The Venus Transit has always preceded great breakthroughs in human consciousness and played a very significant role in the Mayan Calendar. It is also a turning point in the Vedic tradition. According to the Indian avatar of enlightenment, Sri Kalki Bhagavan (www.experiencefestival.com... /), the Venus Transit of 2004 will be the actual starting point of the Golden Age, a process that will come to an conclusion at the next Venus Transit in 2012. This article presents the significance of the Venus transit on June 8, 2004 in its larger context and in relation to the Mayan Calendar. It is also an invitation to take part of a global celebration of this event called the Oneness Celebration.

This is pretty interesting in regards to the Venus Transit

www.democraticunderground.com...

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Cocco]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
It's impossible for Venus to pass in-between the Earth and moon. For 1, they are on different orbital paths, and 2, Venus probably wouldn't be able to make it through the gap without colliding with either earth or the Moon.

you could have just said " ITS IMPOSSIBLE" without having to throw around scientific words.....................................

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ENCINO MAN

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
It's impossible for Venus to pass in-between the Earth and moon. For 1, they are on different orbital paths, and 2, Venus probably wouldn't be able to make it through the gap without colliding with either earth or the Moon.

you could have just said " ITS IMPOSSIBLE" without having to throw around scientific words.....................................

Heheheeee....you guys CRACK ME UP!!!

This is definitly making for a humorous thread! 2 pages of the same info...over and over!

I don't think I am in the right hemisphere to observe the Venus transit. I did have a dream once that a planet got very close to earth and caused some major upheavel. Thank goodness it was just a dream!

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Cocco]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You can watch the Venus transit live June 8th from the following website.

Live Webcast of Venus Transit

Astronomy.no

On June 8, 2004 we will experience the most extraordinary and important celestial celestial event in our lifes. For more than 6 hours the planet Venus will be visible in front of the Sun. No living persons anywhere have witnessed this before!

Soho has some interesting info about the transit.

Soho

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the info and the link KillerD!! I will be sure to check it out!

I'll tell ya, since my daughter was born in 87' she has gotten to see some awesome things take place...and now this! She has gotten to see many comets where thousands of people on the earth for centuries past have never had the privilage to see!

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Cocco]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join