It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Japan's Ancient Underwater "Pyramid" Mystifies Scholars

www.news.nationalgeographic.com

Submerged stone structures lying just below the waters off Yonaguni Jima are actually the ruins of a Japanese Atlantis—an ancient city sunk by an earthquake about 2,000 years ago.

That's the belief of Masaaki Kimura, a marine geologist at the University of the Ryukyus in Japan who has been diving at the site to measure and map its formations for more than 15 years.

Each time he returns to the dive boat, Kimura said, he is more convinced than ever that below him rest the remains of a 5,000-year-old city.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
i have heard about this on another thread about ancient civiizations it's amazing isn't it

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I wish we put as much energy into exploring our seas as we do in outer space. What little has been discovered thus far is amazing.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Wouldnt the Japanese "Atlantis" technically be one of the other "lost" places like Mu or something?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
It's a well known rock outcrop - now submerged but above sea level 10,000 years ago - which may have been altered by humans known to have been living in the area at the time (although it's as likely to be entirely natural - similar rock outcrops exist today on the island and show the same patterns of erosion - which is due to the bedding planes etc and just just coincidently appears 'manmade' to those with little geological knowledge)

www.ramtops.co.uk...

Of course, if one person thinks otherwise it proves everyone else is wrong

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Shocking, i wasn't aware you were possessed of a mathematical anomaly that performed such intense calculations that hundreds of people suddenly become one person!

Generalization, its a wonderful thing for those who don't want to deny ignorance.

niv

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
which may have been altered by humans known to have been living in the area at the time

I just wanted to point out that because of the position of these formations (in the ocean), if they are man-made or just man-altered, that would indicate a sophisticated population in the area much earlier than previously thought possible.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
No. It'd just mean a paleolithic or neolithic culture in the area in which we know people were living at the time ....

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne

Japan's Ancient Underwater "Pyramid" Mystifies Scholars

Japanese is Japanese.

Atlantis is Atlantis.

Do we agree each other here?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I LOVE THIS!!! I read once that he thought it might be as old as 10,000 years. What a great find. I have been wanting to go and dive this for many years. Thanks for the post. Lots of fun to talk about and to think about what might actuallybe inside! Thanks for the links...

top topics

join