It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest cartoon hero(s) of all time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
First off,thanks to Beachcoma for inspiring me to do this thread.
So, what are your nominations?

He-Man

The G.I Joe Team

Voltron

Thundercats

Tranformers(AutoBots)

Go-Bots

She-Ra

TMNT

GhostBusters

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's a no brainer for me...Spiderman...Iceman..and FIRESTAR...
However...a close second would be..G FORCE...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Thanks for mentioning me AD , I love Transformers , Voltron, and of course Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's too tough to pick just one , as a kid TMNT inspired me to draw , which led me to being a comic artist so I'll have to give cred to them turtles .

[edit on 22-9-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Hah! I was wondering when someone would create this thread

For me, it would be Heckle & Jeckle, the talking magpies

Wait, can they be considered heroes? Or just main characters? I kinda lean towards "morally gray" characters, like Noah Bennet.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Have no fear Underdog is here. he was my absolute favorite cartoon hero, following in a close second is Optimus Prime of the Transformers.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Lion-o from Thundercats
Goku from DbZ
Wolverine X-Men
For my kids Scooby Doo

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I was am a "baby boomer". One of the first generation to have grown up with television and, in my case, that meant growing up with cartoons!

While Sundays were meant for worship, you know, being forced to dress up in a suit and tie and being dragged off to Church, and the weekdays were designated for the daily torment of grade school, Saturdays belonged to me!

Every Saturday morning, I would wake and run to turn on the television, a b&w Sylvania 21 inch with "halo light" (a wierd light flourescent light that surrounded the picture tube to provide "ambient lighting". I would sit real close to the screen. Retreating only after being told, by my mother, that I was being subjected to "radiation". Within minutes after being told to "move away from the screen", I'd sidle back up to the screen to bathe in the invisible emanations from that massive picture tube and, more importantly, to be close to my cartoon heroes:

Felix the Cat (God I loved that cat and his "magick bag of tricks"

Clutch Cargo with his pals, Spinner and Paddlefoot I don't know why I like this strange cartoon. It was a serial which I don't think I ever watched to conclusion. I must have mesmerized by the wierd animation

Popeye in "Seein' Red, White 'n' Blue (1943) - Banned Cartoon Even the the WWII had been over for a dozen years or more, Saturday morning cartoons were often dominated by older cartoons from the "war years"....a healthy dose of patriotic indoctrination. Frankly, I was probably seven or eight years old before I realized that we weren't fighting the Germans and we hadn't been at war for fifteen years or more (I was born in 1953)

Popeye in "Spinach for Britain" God did I ever love it when Popeye would manage to down a can of spinach. Nothing could stop him -- not even Hitlers' War Machine and Nazi "Supermen"

Superman Speaking of "Supermen", good old Superman himself was always a part of my Saturday morning cartoon schedule. Of course, I always got a "double fix" of "Supes". The live action Superman Show, starring George Reeves, was definitely a "must watch"

Johnny Quest (Intro) As I entered the 60's, I was suddenly overwhelmed by the new wave in cartoons -- Johnny Quest came on the scene with a whole different way of animating cartoons. They more closely resembled comic books. And no wonder. Quite a few comic book artists of the day spent time working on this animated feature, most notably, Alex Toth did backgrounds for johnny Quest and company; Dr. Quest, Reese Banner, Hadji and, of course, Bandit.

[edit on 10/2/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

top topics

join