It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphone Pic for Analysis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi guys, Im sort of new here but been a lurker for a long time.

So I was driving down the street near my grandmas house and my mom was behind me. (both going to grandmas) I looked up and noticed the awesome clouds which had this weird stacked 'pancake' look. So I called my mom and told her to look up as well. We were both just going "Oooh and Ahhh" so I got off the phone and decided to try to catch a pic of them. (Yea I know. Im a real safe driver.
)

So this is the picture i got. I made it my phone wallpaper cause I think its really pretty but I first noticed the silver thing on the far left and then when I just now loaded it up I noticed the darker thing on the top which could easily be a bird or whatever.

Anyway, Im not saying its a 5 tentacled beast ship from the outer reaches of space, but just trying to make a fun analysis thread.

I didnt notice these at all when I took the pic, but keep in mind, I was also driving.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
that is a cool shot of the clouds. with regards to the "object" on the left, no clue. try posting the pic in Jeff's forum for photo analysis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he's the expert on these things.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey hey, first off, welcome to ATS.

is it the object on the left we're looking at cause thats the top of a lamp post/street light. Or is it the smudgy looking thing in the middle???

the clouds look awesome

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DingoJane

Wow....those are really weird clouds. While I don't know what the object in the upper right might be, I am frankly more interested in the cloud formations. They almost have a strange saucer shape, as if several large flying saucers are stacked one atop of the other. I can't say that I have ever seen clouds like those before.

Are they typical of the sort of clouds that you get in your area or do they look strange to you as well?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Google search on Lenticular clouds and you'll see even more fantastic images.

(Thought you meant the metallic object on the left at first.)

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
No Im in southern Ca and I have never seen clouds like that before. My boyfriend even called from a few towns over all "Did you see those clouds??"

It was a normal CA day. Maybe bout 80 degrees, no wind.

They looked stacked like sandstone, or pancakes. Really awesome in real life.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ok guys I admit it. I knew it was a lamp post.

But the clouds are cool anyway.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As Badge01 said, they're lenticular clouds.

That page explains what causes them, as well as providing some beautiful photos. I'm not endorsing the main site, though, as it's full of newage. I left my internet hazmat gear in my other laptop.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DingoJane
Ok guys I admit it. I knew it was a lamp post.

But the clouds are cool anyway.

So you post a pic saying you didn't know what the object on the left was and that it might be a ufo or something, then you come clean and say you knew it was the lampost all along?

Perhaps you should read the terms and conditions of this site.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Perhaps you should not be so sensitive to a little light hearted conversation.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by DingoJane]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Jane.

You should read the T and C. They are extremely helpful to newer members.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You can and will get banned for posting a hoax image and that is what you did.
I know that your intent was not to cause a deception but that kind of thing does not go over well here at ATS.
I will be surprised not to see the "banned member" under your user name soon.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Heres the problem Im having with this - You dont seem to have much in the way of a sense of humor. Not over the image - but over what I said.

I said "I knew all along that it was a lamppost"

It was meant as a joke. Like 'heh heh. Yea, I knew that this whole time!"

Because I DIDNT really figure out that it was a lampost. Get it? A little tounge in cheek there.

Sheesh people. Really.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DingoJane
It was meant as a joke. Like 'heh heh. Yea, I knew that this whole time!"

Because I DIDNT really figure out that it was a lampost. Get it? A little tounge in cheek there.

There's no way to tell that from your post. If you're going to be humorous you at least have to give a hint, and you didn't. The issue of hoaxes here is pretty big. You just got here so maybe you don't know. At any given time on this board there is usually someone trying to pull off a hoax on other members. It's pervasive. It happens contstantly.

Frankly, we're tired of it. That's why the rules state that if someone knowingly puts up a fake, they get banned from the site. End of story. You may have just barely squeaked yourself out of that fate by claiming we misunderstood you. I don't know. Nice move. But now that you DO know your "UFO" is a lamp post and that the lenticular clouds are just clouds, we can move on. No need to deal with this picture any further.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Trying to be humorous? That is the most rediculous thing I've heard. You just found out it was a lamppost? Didn't you take the damn picture and see the damn thing posted up right next to you? Obviously trying to hoax! ban this member.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Also wanted to ad, you were driving to grandma's house? It's apparent that you've been down this road before but guestion what is obvious to everyone here who doesn't live there.

I will never get the time back for even looking and posting about this thread. It's people like you who need to be "weeded" out from this site.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Im not trying to be patronizing, but i think that pictures like this muddy the water of real ufo investigation, because it seems like were analyzing tiny little 2-5 pixel wide 'whatevers' in pictures. maybe you should take a picture with something more conclusive before wasting server space, sorry

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

If anything the dark triangular cloud could be a triangle craft.

The mini zeppelin is a common shape seen in The Greatest Story Ever Denied.

Or they are invisible critters living in the air.

Or Tesla craft suspended by electrical interaction with the air itself.

ED: how did the lamp post disappear?

[edit on 9/21/2007 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Not to change to subject at all...But I'm willing to bet that no one will post anything after this.

Please close this thread, this is just stupid, if you want to talk about lamp post, there are other places to do so, the same aplies to clouds

The picture has been cropped as well, cropped to the light

[edit on 22-9-2007 by williamjklopp]

[edit on 22-9-2007 by williamjklopp]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Jeez guys, lighten up on the new guy.
I didn't realize it was the lamp post until it was ID'd and I went back and looked again. Everybody's so ramped up with the hoaxers that there is no recognizing humor, even though it was a botched attempt at it.

The "triangle", in my opinion is a windshield smear (bug) or something of that sort.

The clouds are very interesting too, thank you MM for the link to see more.

Cuhail

top topics

<<   2 >>

join