It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Escalates Korean War Preparations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Korean Central News Agency is reporting that movement in the region is preparing for another Korean War. Although the story is dated Jan 20 of this year, it states more information over the period of the 90's, which they could believe that this has been planned over a decade ago.

Pyongyang, January 20 (KCNA) -- The U.S. imperialists are persistently seeking another Korean war. They, who already based Striker armored cars and Shadow 200 unmanned tactical reconnaissance aircraft in south Korea, have brought there more sophisticated weapons tested through a real war.

www.kcna.co.jp

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Anyone Suprised??

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Dude, thats a State run newspaper...its ALL kim jung il propaganda...propaganda....propaganda...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
North Korean propaganda news service.....
Virtually everything that the state funded Korean Central News Service puts out is US propaganda and has been in use since the Korean War.

I would take this with a grain of salt.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Unless the North Koreans step down there will be a war. Why should the Americans embarrass themselves to make North Korea happy? They won't.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I believe that we will wage war with N. Korea in the next few months, but if President Bush wants to hang on to liberal republicans, we will have war in the next year - before election of course.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Another link:AP Wire

The Air Force wants to return to the Cold War-era practice of basing fighter jets and other strike and support planes on Guam, the Pacific island that is in ready striking distance of the Korean peninsula, the Air Force's top officer in the region said Tuesday.

Island Pacific News

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm a ex B-1B crew chief...they been on guam for years..

I think they are talking about basing them on guam as opposed to various wings transitioning in and out...

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by cyberpilot]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There's more truth in the bottom of my kitty litter box than in the entire information ministry in Pyongyang.

This is "geh-ul daybyung"...
(I think that's how you say it...)

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Its funny how he said "another' Korean war. The last time I was over there (about a year ago), North and South Korea were still actually at war. They just have one of the longest standing ceacefires in the history of the world.
Ive been to the DMZ, too, btw. The north Koreans look as if they expect to be fired at at any minute.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Yeah, no kidding have you seen the (only) newspaper they read...If not try the link @ top of this thread...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
They would love a new war, as it would demonstrate to their allies (few) that the USA is going back 30 years in history.

But,...

They are just saber rattling in their own house.

Keeps their people in a state of fear, and in control, in their horrible economy.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Whats really sad about this whole thing with N. Korea, is that because of the internal political workings of the government, thousands of people are dying almost every day from hunger.....sad...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I would take this with a grain of salt.

More like a whole carton of Morton's....
Still, knowing about their propaganda is news of it's own, as well... Propaganda isn't put out just for the hell of it....

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by Gazrok]

top topics

join