It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brock lesner signs with UFC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
msn.foxsports.com...

it only hardly mentions it in that article. the main story of that is talking about kurt angle trying to get into mma(ifl)

brock lesner....so this going to turn into a wwe type freak show thing or what?

i don't know what to think....
i think brock has been training with eric paulson...i think

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
ok. don't get me wrong...brock has sick wrestling skills and is probably one of the handful of wwe type wrestlers that could make the switch.

i don't like this though cause there is a stable of proven, legit mma guys out there not signed.

the only reason dana wants this guy is cash(i guess that is what it is all about)..

all the tuf fanboys started hearing his name dropped when tuf was coming on after raw..the ones who think mma started with tuf...

i do NOT want to see a lesner/angle in their first mma match on a ufc card you know?

sadly, if this guy even does remotely well he will attract a bunch of the wwe type beer swillin fans that just want to see knockouts and blood with big, tough 'looking' guys.....

i don't want that

edit*

brock can roll though.....if he has been training right, he will wreck people....i just don't like/trust the wwe people coming over....

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I read that over at sherdog yesterday. But I'm not really thrilled about:

The kid honestly wants to do three or four fights and retire

I can't really say I respect that. It doesn't seem his in it for the love of the sport, just trying to make some quick cash and bail out. He will bring ratings and PPV $$$ for those fights though. Should at least be interesting.

new topics

join