It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police in Europe without tasers run from fans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is not really current news, but with all the current police news I figured I would post an alternate version of events, and one of the reasons the US has worked so hard to get people to unconditionally respect authority.

We have to make sure we do not swing this far the other direction.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Good post. I see a lot of posts with people really upset at the police(sometimes justifibly so) but where would we as a society be if there were no police?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
They are not police but private security. I think I made out the word "Benfica" so I'm guessing this happened in Portugal. You can clearly see one of them lay the baton in while the "supporter" is restrained. However, I'm not sure glorifying violence at football matches is the best way to get any message across.

It's definitely Benfica, as you can see Giovanni Trapattoni near the end of the clip. That means this happened sometime during the 2005 season.

This means, the title of the thread is totally wrong, as they are pitch security not police, and that it's in the wrong place, as this certainly isn't a current event.

[edit on 21/9/07 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Tasers would not have done anything in this situation except for make things worse. What they needed was riot police, not 6 or 7 guys trying to control an entire crowd with 6 or 7 tasers.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ah..England..what a civilized society.... I am so glad we have tazers and such...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, if what my eyes see is correct, and that footballer ran in and kicked the security, then the crowd attacked the thuggish security who used unnecessary baton strikes, I say good on them. They had that guy completely covered, there was no need to lay the baton on him like that.

In these videos of people being tasered repeatedly, when the 'suspect' or troublemaker is already subdued, or even didn't do anything that would warrent arrest, I wish that some of the people standing around would do something like this, to show that we won't be intimidated by police acting more like criminals.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

As much as I've been adamant on the other threads, I wholeheartedly agree. The cop was throwing punches at the guy on the ground. Why stoop to their level and throw punches back? Simply get in between them and the perp. I felt sorry for the cop getting kicked in the head. I've had that happen to me before and it doesn't feel pretty.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Exactly, those security guards would need upwards of eight arms each with tasers in each to even make a dent in those soccer hooligans who were all loaded to the gills with Grolsch or whatever the hell they drink over there!

The video I saw of the hooligans chasing after the referee was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Soccer fans definitely don't play around!

Peace

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Tasers would not have done anything in this situation except for make things worse. What they needed was riot police, not 6 or 7 guys trying to control an entire crowd with 6 or 7 tasers.

Taser part is dry humor. Or maybe dark Humor.

And to respond to other poster and just so everyone knows I do not support violence of anykind.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by Redge777

The cop was throwing punches at the guy on the ground. Why stoop to their level and throw punches back? Simply get in between them and the perp.

the hooligan was resisting while.sorry...whilst they were trying to cuff him,he was proding him with the baton to get him to subit.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
the hooligan was resisting while.sorry...whilst they were trying to cuff him,he was proding him with the baton to get him to subit.

Dang it he should of just tasered him until he completly complied.

I just figure I would completly reverse my multitude of post on the tasering subject. I am so confused now.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
hmm

maybe that cop will think next time before punching someone in the head repeatedly.

The cops were obviously asking for it, they were being annoying as hell, and obviously went over their alloted time on the field.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
NICE VIDEO! VERY MUCH THANK YOU FOR POSTING!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Those that spread pain... will have it dumped on there head. As these upstanding officers realized.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
They used brutal force first and got what they deserved imo. I also think they looked a bit undermanned to and should have had at least 20-30 police at a large event so maybe that was a stupid idea to baton someone at that time because it looked like they jumped in because of what the police were doing? I just have no sympathy or respect for police anymore after reading about their corruption and dealing with it personally and I guess police in any country all have that chip on their shoulder.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by josephus maximus

the hooligan was resisting while.sorry...whilst they were trying to cuff

My observation exactly. No officer, security or otherwise was doing anything to merit such a violent responce from all the fans.

Then again, I've never been to an European soccer match. I don't know how intoxicated the fans were or how pumped up they were during the soccer match. European soccer ends up looking like a free for all battle to me anyhow.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If this had happened in the US, the disparity of force rule would have applied and you would likely have seen several dead fans filled with bullet holes.

When 20 people are taking turns kicking your head, a Sig Sauer is more appropriate than a Tazer.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A taser doesnt do anything but make a situation worse when you are outnumbered.

Tasers shouldn't be issued to law enforcement officials, period. If offers a way to torture someone without a way to fight back. What if the person using it was using on you for kicks?

It's happened, and will continue to happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
wow thit that player just do a "shining wizard" on the cop

now thats what i call entertainment !!!

new topics

top topics

join