It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Bomber at Logan International

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This speaks directly to how bad things are in this country.

If this moron can get accepted to MIT I'd say were in for tough times when she and her peers become tommorows decision makers.

MIT Student Arrested For Fake Bomb At Logan
Police Say Simpson Had Circuit Board, Wiring, and Play-Doh
Blog Chatter: See what people are saying about this story
(WBZ) BOSTON An MIT student with a fake bomb strapped to her chest was arrested at gunpoint Friday at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said.

Star Simpson, 19, had a computer circuit board and wiring in plain view over a black hooded sweat shirt she was wearing, said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the commanding officer at the airport.

"She said that it was a piece of art and she wanted to stand out on career day," Pare said at a news conference. "She claims that it was just art, and that she was proud of the art and she wanted to display it."

wbztv.com...

I have a hard time believing she didn't do this intentionally. No one could be so stupid as to wear a "bomb looking device" into an airport (the airport where 2 of the 9/11 jets originated by the way) while holding play-dough in her hands and not expect to create an incident.

Then again.....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
the seruity at logan airport is a joke if i wanted to get on the tarmat its to easy but i due give them some credit they have been correcting the problem latly but not enough

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A circuit board, batteries and play doh? I'm sure it was harmless after all it did say on the shirt "Socket to me." That dosen't sound like a bomb threat to me. If it said "BOOM"- Then thats a big problem.

If thats all that happened at Logan then thats a relief. I've seen many more things 10 times crazier then this.

This young lady is the least of my problems remember we have a lameduck in office still making decisions who is a much bigger threat.

So really don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah no cause for any concern.

There is no possible way that Play-Doh can look similar to plastic explosives.....especially when there is a visible circut board, wires and batteries.

She was stupid and she thinks that by saying it was 'Art' will get her out of trouble. I'ts not 'Art', she wants publicity......

I say give her all the publicity she wants............from behind bars.

new topics

top topics

join