It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Government bans Reincarnation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think this is going a little overboard, even for China... Perhaps next they'll bring out legislation to curb the anti-social behaviour displayed by goblins, i dunno, i just hope to God that this ban won't stop the rebirthing process...

Source: Newsweek

In one of history's more absurd acts of totalitarianism, China has banned Buddhist monks in Tibet from reincarnating without government permission.

According to a statement issued by the State Administration for Religious Affairs, the law, which goes into effect next month and strictly stipulates the procedures by which one is to reincarnate, is "an important move to institutionalize management of reincarnation."

Newsweek Article

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Please research if this was actually a real Newsweek article or not. Maybe it was, but I don't want to take a freakshow website's word for it.

Edit: Actually, my bad, I just had to go through two freakshow websites to get to it. Apologies.

Peace

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yeah, sorry I had to put it through a 'freakshow' website, lol.. I just thought it was funny, heh

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Not so funny. Apparently, the Chinese will be choosing the next Dalai Lama... Somehow I don't imagine him to continue his relief work if THEY choose who he's reincarnated as.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Talk about 'red' tape. Thanks for the info

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
there are many worse ones that i know, China isnt the only offender

-In Lee county, Alaska it is illegal to sell peanuts after sundown on wednesday
- In Conneticut, for a pickle to be officially considered a pickle, it must bounce
- In Gainsville, Georgia, Chicken must be eaten with the hands
- In Idaho a man may not give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than 50 lbs (wow)
- In Nebraska it is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
- in Lehigh, Nebraska doughnut holes may not be sold.
- In newark, New jersey it is illegal to sell ice cream after 6 p.m, unless the customer has a note from his doctor
- In Ocean City, New Jersey people may not slurp their soup.
- In Marion, Ohio you may not eat a doughnut and walkbackwards on a city street.
- In Ridley park, Pennsylvania you cannot walk backwards eating peanuts in front of the barnstormers Auditorium during a performance.
-In Quebec, Canada margerine has to be a different colour to butter.
-In Alabama you may not carry an ice cream cone in you back pocket at any time.

And for some reason when i discuss the US people say i dont know their laws, so i cant comment

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Octavius Maximus

Where did you get those insane rules from..

Do you have any links to back them up ?.. Just curious and to affirm.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

I thought China had already picked the new Dali Lama years ago.

I thought that happened around the same time a U.S. spy plane went down near China. Not that the two are connected I'm just trying to give a time frame.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The Mammoth book of Oddballs and Eccentrics, Karl Shaw, Chapter: Legal Eccentricities

There are alot more (Mostly American too)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkMile77

Well, maybe they have. I just read on the posted link they could now choose the next Dalai Lama to be in succession. Either way it sucks. Somebody should send in their army to throw out the Chinese. Then we'd have another Iraq on our hands, because it'd probably be the US to do it. Then we'd probably have a world war, too. Which means there's nothing to do about it, at least not for us to do...

Damn, I hate this kind of world.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The only people who are likely to be able to do anything are the UN diplomats, if we dont want to start a war that is...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah, but this IS the NWO-forum, and if the whole NWO-theory is true, then I seriously doubt the UN is going to do anything about the Chinese occupation of Nepal.
In fact, if the whole NWO-theory is true, then things are probably only going to go downwards from here on, in Nepal and everywhere else.

Bah. I'm seeing everything in black today. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

join