It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts are spirits serving Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Now that I've gotten your attention.

I've made a study of ghosts, poltergeists, and related phenomena for decades.

I've slowly come to the conclusion that "ghosts", i.e. disembodied spirits of the dead, are one of two things:

1) They are demons masquerading as souls of the dead in order to deceive the living that "there is no Heaven or Hell."

or

2) That they really are the souls of the unsaved dead, but they have been drafted into the service of deceiving the living by the Evil One.

I am a Christian, and the Bible clearly forbids people to contact the dead.

Why?

I believe it is because the dead who belong to God immediately go to Heaven. The damned, on the other hand, do not NECESSARILY go straight to a Hell where they are "separated for all eternity." I believe the Devil and his angels are able to "come and go" from the nether regions, and either masquerade as the souls of the dead, or the souls of the dead themselves (under the control of demons) are able to come and go from "Hell".

I'll cite as one example the TV show "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel. Based on actual events, episode after episode brings up situations where the entities "haunting" a dwelling turn out to be either demons or "spirits of the dead" under the control of demons.

This is why you are forbidden to contact the dead. If your Aunt Lucy went to Heaven, you CANNOT contact her. A demon will pretend to be her.

If your Aunt Lucy went to Hell, then even if you contact her, you are not contacting "good ol' Aunt Lucy"; you are contacting "Aunt Lucy as the demons have corrupted and enslaved her."

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, and that's fine. Please give your evidence as to why I'm wrong and don't simply be insulting.

I'm sure others of you will be able to submit evidence as to why I'm correct.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The burden of proof is on the person making the claim; i.e., you. Not on the people who don't believe the claims.

Where is your evidence of ghosts and Satan? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And there is no evidence of them except in people's subjective experiences.

What you've "felt" or thought you "saw" was not objective evidence.

I'd like to see some of your "proof." So far, in my life, which I've spent seeking paranormal and supernatural experiences and beings, I have seen or felt nothing that can't be explained by a natural reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the question at hand is HOW did they find out that ghosts were the servants of "satan". all the experience that i've had with spirits are pretty good ones i've even gotten a ghost so shut a huge barn door with about 3 or 4 of my friends there. i asked it to close the door and right when i stopped talking the door slammed shut. and on that same day we got a pretty sweet evp

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zane Zackerly

I've slowly come to the conclusion that "ghosts", i.e. disembodied spirits of the dead, are one of two things:

1) They are demons masquerading as souls of the dead in order to deceive the living that "there is no Heaven or Hell."

or

2) That they really are the souls of the unsaved dead, but they have been drafted into the service of deceiving the living by the Evil One.

You are biased and therefore not capable of making an objective study. You believe in a book that was written by men, who seek power(God didn't beam them down a copy), and has as many interpretations as it has words. You are taking the interpretation of the book that you lean towards, and trying to apply it to "spirits."

As for "A Haunting" the focus of the show is the find "real evil". They say it in the intro. Of course they're only going to tell you the "scary" stories.

This is a big claim you have, and while I am trying not to come off with an "attacking" posture, I am stating that I do not think you could be more wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
it seems according to the book of enoch that the ones who are evil spirits and ghosts, poltergeist etc would be the spirits of the nephilim as they were not of god

the souls were of flesh and the annunaki thus being condemned to earth having no rest until judgement ie: their energy life force still lives

i believe it goes on to say the feel hunger and thirst but cannot, i may be wrong, but kinda ties into how some say beings feed off of energy we put out through fear, fight or flight, and even anger

makes you wonder....Im still waiting for the hall of records to be discovered so alot of info about the way past can be analyzed

I dont think maybe people would be able to swallow the whole mythical is/was real and was hidden to deceive many

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
You are biased and therefore not capable of making an objective study. You believe in a book that was written by men, who seek power(God didn't beam them down a copy), and has as many interpretations as it has words. You are taking the interpretation of the book that you lean towards, and trying to apply it to "spirits."

As for "A Haunting" the focus of the show is the find "real evil". They say it in the intro. Of course they're only going to tell you the "scary" stories.

This is a big claim you have, and while I am trying not to come off with an "attacking" posture, I am stating that I do not think you could be more wrong.

Biased? It only seems that way because I have stated my conclusion after years of objectively looking into this. I skipped all the gory details.

You are correct about the TV show "A Haunting." Glad you picked up on that. But how many other "spirits" encountered are ever happy where they are at? Has anyone ever encountered a spirit that was content with its condition? Yet there are many, many stories of ghosts that are either extremely unhappy, try to bring harm, etc. I also base my assessment on investigations of other hauntings.

You think I'm wrong? Fine. I stated my opinion; but what do you think is "correct"?

I started this thread because I thought it would lead to a spirited discussion (pun intended)
and I haven't been disappointed.

[edit on 9/21/07 by Zane Zackerly]

[edit on 9/21/07 by Zane Zackerly]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm going to disagree with you Zane, but I've read/heard of spirits that are not angry; unfortunatly I can not name any of these cases at the moment, but, I know that sometimes spirit will stay around a certain place because it is dear and close to them. While I do disagree that spirits are serving Satan, I do think it is interesting. Who can really say why someone stays around? Anyways, it is interesting to speculate on why they are here. Just out of curiousity, what would a Demon be? I'm talking about the entities you come across that are not of this Earth and never walked it, what about them? By this I mean, how did they get here/serve Satan if they never walked the Earth? What are your thoughts on them?

[edit on 22-9-2007 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'm not going to get into an argument here over the Bible because I'm sure there are other threads for that. However what I will say is the truth. As stated earlier in the days of Enoch, angels looked at the daughters of men, came down materialized as humans and began producing hybrid offspring known as Nephilim. This complete abomination of humanity had to be completely stopped or civilization would have come to a bloody end. The flood destroyed all Nephilim. The disobedient angels attempted to return to heaven and were shunned. Further their ability to materialize was taken away. The first angel who had turned away for completely different reasons was Satan and so began his demonic organization. All of these demons are extremely angry and know that their final judgement is coming. They will kill and confuse and distract as many humans as they can before they are finally wiped out. Ill post more about this later.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Zane Zackerly

Sorry, my computer went down last week and my time online has been limited.

First I will share an experience with a helpful spirit. My parents were babysitting for my uncle. It was on old house, over 200 years old. My cousin, who they were babysitting for, was a young girl, age of 1. My parents reported weird things there, glasses moving, shelves rattling, but nothing extraordinary.

After a few hours, they heard "help, help!" coming in an adult voice. It was not a voice they recognized. Looking around the house..outside, they couldn't trace it. again "help help!" with some shelve tables and shleves shaking. It seemed to be coming from Becky's room. They ran to the room, where they were still hearing "help help!" they opened the door to find things shaking, and the calls for help stopped, and the shaking stopped. They checked on Becky and she had a high fever, which they then took care of. From that time, if Becky was ever in danger, or ill, there'd be shaking, or calls for help. As long as Becky lived, she seemingly had some spirits watching over her.

Now as far as my belief in general. To me, God is not a wise old man sitting on some throne in Heaven. Nor is he a youth preaching the Word. To me, God is everything. He is you, me, the air, the chair, the screen you're reading this on, God makes up everything. He/she/it is an impersonal collective entitiy that makes up the whole of everything. We are all part of God. However, God is not a seperate thing, God does not get involved, or have a Kingdom, or rebels. We are as drops in an ocean, we are the same, but we are not everything.

Everything has a conciousness, even inanimate things of our own making. From this laptop to every rock, shirt, etc. Everything has existance, there can be nothing that is not "alive." Everything that exists has the same role. It exists, acting as both a cause, and an effect, in mutual existance with that which is around it, and in time, it's form changes with wear, age, etc.

For example, we are born, we live, grow old, and die, and change form.
A shirt is the same. It is created, it's form deteriorates, until eventually it cannot be recognized as a shirt any longer.

Everything is bonded together as one in several different ways.
#1 It is part of the collective conciousness, even though it may not be self aware.
#2 It exists, having both cause, and effect, it fulfills a role, until it is no longer suited to fulfill that same role, and it changes into a different form.
#3 Everything with physical existance is dependant on everything around it to continue existance, and in turn, it contributes something.
#4 It is made up of energy, as everything is.
#5 It is acted upon, and also acts in turn. It causes an effect, and also is the effect of a cause.

You get the idea.

Everything is alive, has conciousness. This could be termed as a spirit. A spirit, as any other thing, can be good, evil, morally neutral. Depending on what has influenced it. A knife exists, whether it's used to cut meat or people depends on what influences it. Even people, whether we kill each other or, live it peace, this is based off of what influences the group.

There is no ultimate evil entity that all spirits must bow to. There is evil everywhere, even inside us. But there is no entity that has a monopoly on it. Also, God, is not good. God is ALL, including evil. God contains everything. Evil is usually developed from some form of lack, of understanding, fear, money. Evil people may kill each other just for the fix of killing, but they kill because unless they do so, they LACK that fix.

God is abundance, for God is all, Evil is that which is motivated by lack. This is inherently a false belief, for you may come to understand that as a portion of God, you are interconnected with everything, you are not alone, and you lack nothing. However, when you feel that you lack, you may be motivated to do evil things because of this belief.

As a shaman/mystic I interact with the spirit world often. However my gift is not such that I hear words, and can interpret them. As I interact with the spirit world I percieve various things, feelings, I see pictures/scenes, I over all "sense" things. Then I have to interpret what information I am given.

The entities that I deal with on a regular basis are not all malevolent. Some are. But even those ones are not tied to the service of one entity, ie a Satan.

Everything exists mutually. There are portions where there is evil vicious intent, but the majority is nothing like that. People can interact with human spirits, and just as we are now, and just because you cannot interact with them does not mean they are tied to the world, and bound to satan's rule.

Also, as far as Hauntings go..There are several types. There are those that are merely residual spiritual activity left by intense feeling during life. There are human spirits which stay, due to attachment. There are non-human entities, elementals, etc. There are demonic spirits which are summoned through occult means, or evil deeds. There are simply places that are aligned to a certain positive or negative polarity and seem to attract a certain kind of energy. In these places prolonged stay can efefct or moods, and thoughts etc...

There are an infinity of spirits that I haven't even commented on yet. However, it is not prudent or possible for me to list every aspect of my belief in the nature of the world, especially in 6500 letters. But this should answer your questions.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Tell that to Christ. He was 'conversing' with 2 dead people - Moses and Elijah (or whoever) on top of a mountain while Peter, James and John looked on.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

or

Why?

I believe it is because the dead who belong to God immediately go to Heaven. The damned, on the other hand, do not NECESSARILY go straight to a Hell where they are "separated for all eternity." I believe the Devil and his angels are able to "come and go" from the nether regions, and either masquerade as the souls of the dead, or the souls of the dead themselves (under the control of demons) are able to come and go from "Hell".

I'll cite as one example the TV show "A Haunting" on the Discovery Channel. Based on actual events, episode after episode brings up situations where the entities "haunting" a dwelling turn out to be either demons or "spirits of the dead" under the control of demons.

This is why you are forbidden to contact the dead. If your Aunt Lucy went to Heaven, you CANNOT contact her. A demon will pretend to be her.

If your Aunt Lucy went to Hell, then even if you contact her, you are not contacting "good ol' Aunt Lucy"; you are contacting "Aunt Lucy as the demons have corrupted and enslaved her."

I'm sure many of you will disagree with this, and that's fine. Please give your evidence as to why I'm wrong and don't simply be insulting.

I'm sure others of you will be able to submit evidence as to why I'm correct.

ohh interesting dude, never heard of this book, may I know who is the author of it? and any other books that the author has written? I hear a lot of people quoting stuff from that same book you're talking about I believe and all these other stuffs, like predictions but a lot of them don't seem to come true,but I'd like to check some of those out too, i probably won't buy em though, but i'll give it a nice skim through.

I'm not sure but stuff I've heard..haha makes me think that some people need to stop believing in their imaginary friends and wake up

I'll check back in a little while so I can get check out a copy of that book, sounds pretty nifty.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Tell that to Christ. He was 'conversing' with 2 dead people - Moses and Elijah (or whoever) on top of a mountain while Peter, James and John looked on.

Jesus can tell the difference between an evil spirit and one that is good.

A human can't unless he has the gift of discernment.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
OP must not agree with the premise of Ghost Whisperer then. I, on the other hand, never miss a chance to stare at Jennifer Love Hewitt and her delightful cleavage.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

i would love to prove how wrong you really are
all i know about the bible, is what i think of it, not good

but i can tell you about my experience

i was in bed, sleeping heavy and it was saturday morning
i was woken by this overwelming feeling someone was looking at me
i sat up and looked around the room, nobody there
so i laid back down but this really, really strong feeling was still with me.
i sat back up, knowing that noone was in the room but i had too look again.
still nobody in the room so i laid back down and i was on the left hand side looking out of the bed (if you know what i mean) when i felt some one sitting on the bed on the other side.
i was terrified and could not move and my eyes were bigger then my head

the person then laid down and i could feel her sliding across the bed towards me, she ended up spooning with me, she didnt put her arm around me, she just laid there.
this lasted for about 4 or 5 seconds, then i jumped out of bed screaming like a little school girl (i was in my 30s at the time), i was shocked, i had no idea what to do and the feeling of someone being in the room with me disappeared just like that.
i laid back down in the bed and the alarm clock was reading 10.33am and i actually started feeling guilty that I HAD SCARED HER AWAY and that feeling of guilt grew for a long time.
i have laid in bed hoping that she would come back, but she never did, i still hope she does to this day.....
(if anybody can help with that, please let me know)

why do i say it was a she
because i have had 2 women in my life that really meant anything to me and i believe that my ghost was one of them. one of these women was and is my soul mate and i have good reasons why i think it was her

my ghost had just died and she came too say goodbye too me
and i ran off squealing

my ghost did not come to harm me or even scare me and as for being evil or working for the devil, rubbish

you can believe me or not believe my story but that is what happened to me one saturday morning.

before you say it
no drink or drugs were involved
i hope i have put a little doubt into your claim because you are off the mark, sorry.

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i for one agree with you. the bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord. and all who truly believe know that demons are active today, alot of people are blind to that fact. and that is part of satans deception.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenfeet

i would love to prove how wrong you really are
all i know about the bible, is what i think of it, not good

i hope i have put a little doubt into your claim because you are off the mark, sorry.

chickenfeet

No one, including me, can judge with absolute certainty a particular person's individual experience...especially over the internet.

My only message is "Be Careful."

Don't trust a spirit to be good just because it seems to be acting that way now.

Human beings manipulate and deceive, why not spirits?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

you are correct
i cannot prove my story
all i can do is tell you the truth
it is then up to you , wether to believe or not
and as crazy as my story seems, it happened, i can say, i still find it hard to believe but it did.
could she be an EVIL ghost, no way
both friends were very good people, one being a Christian.

i am sorry guys but i just dont believe in demons.......
if there was demons, i think you would hear more about them

Human beings manipulate and deceive
fully agree with you on that one

My only message is "Be Careful."
thank you

i will

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenfeet

have you ventured much outside the U.S? there is plenty of demon possession and demon activity in south america. i personally know missionaries that have exorcised demons. thats what i meant earlier about america being decieved
in regards to the spiritual. we are conditioned to believe in self awareness and that man is a God. i hope and pray that god will open your eyes so that you are not blinded by this anymore. if you are blind to it then the devil has got you half way. the bible says he comes like a thief in the night. not as a traveling salesman with a big sign that says Im the DEVIL.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ahornsby

i actually live in ireland and no i have not been to south america, i would love too though but as for missionaries exorcising demons, sorry i have never seen real footage of it happening, so i will take your word on that.

i am not disrepecting you or your beliefs here but

in regards to the spiritual. we are conditioned to believe in self awareness and that man is a God. i hope and pray that god will open your eyes so that you are not blinded by this anymore. if you are blind to it then the devil has got you half way. the bible says he comes like a thief in the night. not as a traveling salesman with a big sign that says Im the DEVIL.

i know what happened to me that morning and it did happen, a spirit of a close friend came to visit me for a reason but that reason was far from being evil.

you are CONDITIONED to believe what you have been told about god.
god will never open my eyes because i dont believe, sorry but i dont and never will unless he gives me proof, solid proof.

i am CONDITIONED to believe in what i experience and see and i conditioned myself that way, no one else made me think that way, not even the devil.

i was taught all about the bible when i was young but even then i could not believe it, so if your right about the devil, he has had me from about the age of 9 and i can assure you, i am far from being a nasty person

i believe in spirits but not in the way you do.

as i said, i do not mean too disrespect you or your beliefs
and these are my beliefs

chickenfeet

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahornsby
reply to post by chickenfeet

the bible says he comes like a thief in the night. not as a traveling salesman with a big sign that says Im the DEVIL.

Have you ever considered how literally that phrase should be taken?

Three am is the REAL witching hour, NOT midnight. This is because the demonic want to mock the Holy Trinity.

A surprisingly high percentage of phenomena ONLY happen in the wee hours of the morning. Coming as "a thief in the night", literally.

On a related note: the demonic will do things in combinations of threes to mock the Trinity: three footsteps, three knocks on the door, three visitations, etc. Watch for the number three to keep happening.

Source: read accounts by Ed and Lorraine Warren.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join