It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mit student arrested at gunpoint for 'fake' bomb at logan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think anyone with the name "Star " has issues since birth. What a bimbo. I see they have taken her photo down from teh MIT website.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
ok, they just showed the pic of the shirt that said 'socket to me class VI'

AND, the circuit board did NOT look like a circuit board.....it was white and it looked like a 3 year old put it together in 5 seconds.

Class VI is the MIT code for the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science undergraduate major program, according to this external source.

Fixed typo: Should have been "Class VI" not "Class IV".

[edit on 9/21/2007 by isolatedIncident]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
After reading through the DoD's TALON/Cornerstone declassified document this gal is extremely lucky to be alive. She can also be held 90 days in jail before any charges are filed.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This person is either very smart, or very stupid.

Personally i choose the latter, but the question is how she ever get in MIT.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

How could someone smart enough to get into MIT be so dumb to wear something like that into an airport?

I imagine that this person will be thoroughly investigated and if nothing untoward comes up, they'll probably drop the hoax device charge (the serious one), and perhaps all charges. Still a dumb thing to do, she could have gotten herself shot.

Pretty much my exact train of thought, the mind does boggle though, especially how in the hell she got in MIT if she is stupid enough to wear that to an airport.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
we're talking book smart here. Is it that hard to accept that there may be some ultra-nerds out there (say... the kind that get scholarships to MIT) with absolutely no social skills, or social IQ at all?

I mean, until more details come out, she could have been some off the wall robot designer, or a number cruncher, rainman style.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

You must be joking, right? You know good and well that that is not representative of a scholarly effort. It is only a representation of some sort of electrical device. Apparently it has some blinking lights on it. Probably put together in 5 minutes or less just before she headed out of the door on her way to career day. With her credentials she could have just drawn a diagram of an electrical device on construction paper and called it a day, but that wouldn't exactly get the electrical engineering theme across on career day, would it?

Talk about dirty humans and decline of a nation...

Anyway, I can't imagine a better response from authorities when the Junior G-Men start raising the alarms every time they encounter objects with flashing lights that they do not understand. Heaven forbid someone bored from wearing headphones and playing with a Tenori-On at an airport, bus terminal, or shopping mall.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
we're talking book smart here. Is it that hard to accept that there may be some ultra-nerds out there (say... the kind that get scholarships to MIT) with absolutely no social skills, or social IQ at all?

I mean, until more details come out, she could have been some off the wall robot designer, or a number cruncher, rainman style.

Yeah, i wasn't meaning to be taken literal with my statements, she is clearly academic otherwise she would have never got in MIT in the first place, however, like i said previously, it does make you wonder why in the hell she did it.

I tend to think just honest to god innocence is to blame here, i guess she probably didn't think, and thats what the cause of the problem was.

Could have been worse i suppose.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
too many of you are removing a substantial piece of evidence from the equation before posting. She held the putty or Play-Doh in her hand also - this was to simulate the explosive C4 or "plastique" which then makes her actions quite deliberate and her intentions beyond being explained away by her being eccentric.
Remember that college kids are barely a step above High school and do not automatically deserve some badge of intelligence.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join