It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of Right Wing Nut Jobs Vs. Liberal Wieners.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I would like to discuss a Conspiracy, one that affects each and every one of us. This conspiracy could be as old as the Earth itself or as long as humans have been here, or just a few hundred years old, perhaps even less. This conspiracy dominates our thoughts, our speech or very interaction with everything and everyone we come into contact with.

I want to discuss our Differences, what makes us different in regards to our beliefs in God/Religion.

I want to discuss our Differences in political preferences.

I want to discuss where you Stand, are you Right or Left, or Conservative or Liberal.

I want to discuss Why you are who and what you are.

The main point of this thread is to determine whether or not we as the masses have been manipulated, or guided to be Right or Left, or Conservative or Liberal, in an attempt to divide us, or to manipulate us to be for or against each other. In order to control us, or to manipulate us by the Powers That Be. In a Attempt to Divide and Conquer us.

The second point to this thread is to determine, are you what you think you are.
Are you really Right or Conservative or are you really Left or Liberal.

The third point will be just what could bring us together, I don’t mean any temporary thing, but what could bring us together permanently or is this even possible.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Where would I stand if I want Michael Savage for President? He hates everyone... Well just Republicans and Democrats I think.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by josephus maximus]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I strongly believe that YOU are the answer to your problems- not the govt.

That puts the entire democratic party at odds with the most basic foundation of my thought process.

Everything the gov't touches turns to crap. As a recent example of the dumbest idea I've been paying attention to lately: If you've ever been to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and you have half a brain- why, why, why would you put them in charge of your health care?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
I strongly believe that YOU are the answer to your problems- not the govt.

Including the elderly and disabled?

That puts the entire democratic party at odds with the most basic foundation of my thought process.

Everything the gov't touches turns to crap. As a recent example of the dumbest idea I've been paying attention to lately: If you've ever been to the Department of Motor Vehicles, and you have half a brain- why, why, why would you put them in charge of your health care?

I really can't argue with you here

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephus maximus
Where would I stand if I want Michael Savage for President? He hates everyone... Well just Republicans and Democrats I think.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by josephus maximus]

My brother loves him, I agree on some of his points but not all. He is a good example of a independent conservative.

But I'm looking for more that this

Could Michael Savage be apart of the conspiracy getting one group of people to be against another. Are we as a society so black or white[not race wise] is there no grey?? or middle ground??

[edit on 21-9-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
One of these days I'll get around to posting something I've been kicking around the last few weeks: are we really better off being led by a selected "elite"? I think the system has undermined the people - it's made us believe that leaders are people who always know the answer. Therefor there's no point in each individual thinking about an issue, just watch the news and follow the most confident voice - or whichever one happens have a certain opinion on a key issue.

I can't stand right attitudes. Anyone who is completely set in their ways and won't even consider another perspective is going to dig a hole one day (Iraq) and preach "stay the course"... keep diggin that hole George. Einstein once said (roughly): "We cannot use the same thinking to solve a problem, as we used to create it".

A lot of what is coming from the left is, while less appalling, still quite not right...

There is a national sense of "if you're not with us, you're against us". If I'm not FOR a republican candidate, I'm evidently a democrat. But when I talk bad about the dems suddenly now I'm a republican. So what am I? I don't freeking know. What I do know is that if I'm going to vote to elect a leader; that I would like them to be more intelligent than charismatic, more philosophical than a good speech reader. But evidently our society wants none of that.

We want a confident lemming to convince us his path is the right path. And when he gets lost, we don't want him to admit he's lost, we want him to tell us he meant to go this way and that we should stay the course.

I suppose it doesn't matter what any of us want anymore. I believe that if we make it to the '08 election that a republican will win. The powers that be have too much control over about 30% of the people. Absolute, unwaivering support is necessary if you want to do questionable things to enact a certain agenda. Democrats are more likely to turn against their own (see Bush approval polls vs. Congress). If you want to achieve a certain agenda, you need a base which will trust that you know what's best.

People have forgotten that there is a pact between the people and the government. We give them permission to keep law and order over us. The government has abused this, the people have forgotten it. Now we quiver in the arms of the government saying "Please protect us!". Our rights are what give us power over the government (right to assemble, free speech, gun ownership, etc) as these rights are chipped away at, we lose power over the government.

So what do I want? I want to live in a country where more people are alive and awake, where they care about their rights and freedoms. Where they're willing to listen to information and not automatically ASSUME that I'm promoting the agenda of the opposing party. Republicans are fighting Democrats and the government is chipping away at at very foundation of which this country was founded. Nobody is willing to listen because it's too important that they get their particular candidate elected.

[edit on 9/23/07 by Angry Danish]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I want our Country to be what it used to be

When Men Wore Hats

1. Strong Core Conservative Values
2. A Hand UP, not a Hand OUT
3. Low Taxes, Strong Work Force, Incentives to Work and NO Welfare
4. Limited Government in EVERY WAY
5. A STRONG Military that is NOT Afraid of World opinion and Goes Out and Does the Job
6. ENOUGH With the Global Warming BS Myth
7. Discipline at Home and SCHOOLS
8. Make STUPID Lawsuits Illegal
9. Make the ACLU Unnecessary

Semper

join