It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subways Diverted; Green Goo Found On Tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Subways Diverted; Green Goo Found On Tracks

wcbstv.com

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK Officials are investigating the discovery of a strange green liquid at the Union Square subway station in Manhattan.

NYC Transit spokeswoman Marisa Baldeo says a "suspicious green liquid" was found just after 8 a.m. on the northbound 6 train tracks.

Environmental officials are on the scene. No details were immediately available about the substance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hrmm more what could this be?Could it be just grease or some other natural result from running a subway train?

I don't think they would call enviromental officials if it was a substance they expect to see from the train.Odd,any ideas?

Radioactive slime?

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Ok I may be way off base here but something is tickeling the back of my brain about green gel like substance that either ignites or explodes with metalic friction.
I probably got that from some movie and it's not even real but I recall it from somewhere. If true though would explain why it was placed on the tracks. Should the trains hit it it would explode.

Shrugs - don't know.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting. How would the green goo be applied on the tracks without anybody detecting the culprit? I'll be curious to find out what they find.

(Maybe ET decided to commit suicide by jumping in front of a moving subway car!)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
Ok I may be way off base here but something is tickeling the back of my brain about green gel like substance that either ignites or explodes with metalic friction.
I probably got that from some movie and it's not even real but I recall it from somewhere. If true though would explain why it was placed on the tracks. Should the trains hit it it would explode.

Shrugs - don't know.

excellent! glad to see someone here is using his/her brain for oher than "its an alien!" theories. This could very well be what you are talking about, I believe I remember something similiar also. I'm glad someone had the withal to see it and not ignore it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by josephus maximus]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have a theory.

IT IS NEW YORK. There is green goo EVERY WHERE. On the side walks, in the street and for sure on train tracks. It could also have been a kid with some play-doh.

Or maybe a sign from the mole People....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
My first thoughts are Urban Explorers. I won't name them, but I know there is a group in NY that does subway tunnels a lot. But they are very responsible and generally stay away from highly active tracks and stations, so it's pretty unlikely this has anything to do with an accident they have committed. It's just weird, as the thought immediately popped into my head.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
the answer to your question about not detecting the culprit. It was a inside job, perhaps someone with a low level job there, entry position could of placed it without being detected. Pehaps someone had too much to drink last night a tossed their stomach contense onto the tracks before catching the next ride. Perhaps it's a childs goo toy, you know that stuff.... what's it called I think Gak!? I'm not sure, there could be a number of reasons but theirs only one true reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

i think your talking about the movieThe Manhattan Project (1986) i knew what you were thinking about when you said it. im sure we will never find out if there was some radioactive slime down there... could you picture the chaos in the subway!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I have a theory.

IT IS NEW YORK. There is green goo EVERY WHERE. On the side walks, in the street and for sure on train tracks. It could also have been a kid with some play-doh.

Or maybe a sign from the mole People....

the ghostbusters rid us of the slime under our streets in the second flick. we sang songs and the slime dissolved.

could it be coming back?

this could be a test run of sorts or just your normal, everyday, strange green goo that nobody has ever seen before.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Slimer has resurfaced, time to make the call...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think i see a giant marshmallow walking down the street!!!!!

Who am I gonna call?

Get Bill Murray drunk and put him in a golf cart. He will take care of this problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It could even be a foreshadow for the new series made for TV called "Ghostbusters the Surreal life" where after years of the movie being made they have to try and make a reality show out of it....

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Lmao

Glad to see everyone take this so seriously.When I hit play and heard the music start I seriously laughed.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i know walmart used to sell bottles of green goo that was a jellied form of charcoal lighter fluid put a 2 inch size pacth on lump charcoal pile and light it and thats all it takes to get a nice pile of coals for cooking. i think they stopped selling it because a big bottle would last 2 summers worth of cookouts.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It could be the Green Goo that was responsible for the Teen Age Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! If you seen some giant Turtles running around with some sweet Ninja moves than we'll know why!!!

top topics

join