It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Probably been posted before? but what aircraft is show seperateing in the begining of this clip and what is shown breaking up at the end? the clip title claims that it is a sr71 but i have to say it didn't look like it to me?

youtube

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

However, the fourth and final launch a month later on July 30 ended in disaster. The D-21 impacted the M-21's tail immediately after separation, destroying both aircraft. The two crewmen ejected safely and landed at sea. The pilot, Bill Park, survived, but the LCO, Ray Torick, drowned when his pressure suit leaked. As a result, Kelly Johnson immediately cancelled any more launches from the M-21. However, he felt that the B-52 launch scheme was still practical, and the D-21 program remained alive and well.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think the video is taken from that event.

[edit on 21/9/2007 by Corvx]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
Probably been posted before? but what aircraft is show seperateing in the begining of this clip and what is shown breaking up at the end? the clip title claims that it is a sr71 but i have to say it didn't look like it to me?

youtube

The clip first shows two successful launches of a D-21 drone from the back of an M-21 plane. The M-21 was a version of the A-12, Lockheed's first "Blackbird" - so while it isn't an SR-71, it's very similar to one. The accident in the last half of the clip must be footage of the fourth D-21 launch.

en.wikipedia.org...

Regards
yf

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

youtube

Looks to be exactly what it says on the page - D-21 separation from an M-21 (which was an A-12 derivative) and a second release resulting in a crash.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
ok thnx for the help, just didn't look right to me

new topics

top topics

join