It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland phasing out fossil fuels for clean energy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Iceland phasing out fossil fuels for clean energy

www.cnn.com

REYKJAVIK, Iceland (CNN) -- Iceland may be best known for world-famous musical export Bjork but there's a new star quickly gaining this island nation worldwide acclaim -- clean energy.

For more than 50 years Iceland has been decreasing its dependence on fossil fuels by tapping the natural power all around this rainy, windswept rock of fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Good for them, who would have thought that Iceland would lead the way in this area.

I wonder if this will catch on around the Globe, I also wonder if were gonna have a choice.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
it should be pointed out that iceland doesn't actually use much in the way of fossil fuels. all their homes, hot water etc are heated naturally without the use of burning fossil fuels. it is a volcanic island and uses geothermal energy. they even swim in the effluent of their power station!

it's pretty much only the cars that use fossil fuels (you can smell each individual car as it goes by there is that little pollution there)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Good for them, who would have thought that Iceland would lead the way in this area.

Well if you realise that most of Iceland is sitting on top of an enormous longitudinal rift causing many volcanoes and that there are upwellings of boiling water and gas in many many places, its quite easy to have thought of it.

I wonder if this will catch on around the Globe, I also wonder if were gonna have a choice.

Have you actually taken a look at what is needed to get away from fossil fuels? Sitting on top of one massive volcano is a start, so if you dont live on top of one or near one I'd forget the idea

new topics

top topics

join