It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabs to Buy 20 Percent of Nasdaq, Politicians Question Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Arabs to Buy 20 Percent of Nasdaq, Politicians Question Deal

www.foxnews.com

NEW YORK — Nasdaq Stock Market Inc. struck a complex deal to sell a 20 percent stake to the state-owned Borse Dubai in return for control of Sweden's leading stock market, but the plan met with some questions from U.S. politicians concerned it would raise security issues.

The sale of the Nasdaq stake is part of a flurry of cross-border handshaking unveiled Thursday that holds potential to remake the already shifting landscape of global stock exchanges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Oh, no...maybe the collapse is going to happen..I am really worried after reading this...Mods if this has been posted please let me know

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Here is another link on this I found on World Net Daily...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

This is truly frightening...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm not one to put much faith in either Fox or Worldnetdaily... but this looks legit.

The Globe and Mail is usually a solid source:

Qatar said it had bought a 20 percent stake in LSE through the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) and urged OMX shareholders to take no action on the Dubai/Nasdaq offer. Sources familiar with the matter later said the QIA was buying OMX shares.

In a further dimension of the agreement, Nasdaq will take a 33 percent stake in the Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX), to be renamed Nasdaq DIFX. Borse Dubai will use this name in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia. The pair agreed to a separate joint venture in China.

Globe Report on Business

I'm not sure what this implies... but I'm not thinking it will be anything good for us people.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm not a financial Guru, but could this just be a case of the rich trying to get richer and not something malicious?

Dubai is just HUGE money.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

I'm not sure what this implies... but I'm not thinking it will be anything good for us people.

Hi BitRaiser, I think you are right...This is not going to be good at all...Just this morning I saw this on Foxnews regarding the decline of the U.S. dollar:
www.foxnews.com...

Scary times we are living in...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

Memories are clouded through the years, Yes they are big money but also they were linked to the Bin-Laden holdings also they are linked to terrorist funding under the table before 9/11. But now they are our friends, people forgot about the port deal that the Democrats made a big deal because their dubious link and the security risks.

Now they are into our markets because our corporate ridden government deals.

I wonder who is going to complain this time.

Papa Bush is going to make a killing with the Carlyle group deal.

This should be all over the 9/11 conspiracies forums.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Papa Bush is going to make a killing with the Carlyle group deal.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by marg6043]

I couldn't agree with you more about this! More money in their pockets while we get screwed...

[edit on 21-9-2007 by wrangell76]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I had one about this too.... seems noone cares that a foreign power can buy their way in....
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Not a big deali n my opinion. Just a move towards making the markets more accessable globally. We are moving toward the time where the average guy can buy a stock outside of America without it being an ADR (shares on deposit at a foreign bank)or in a mutual fund. I personally welcome it. I put at least 20% of my assets in foriegn stocks and this will help make the selection much broader.

Another part of this deal is that we get full control of Swedens exchanges.

Don't be scared out of globalization, it's going to happen. Soon the world will have to pay as much for Chinese and indian labor as it does for American labor. That is when America makes up lost ground and everyone realizes that we have not given ourselves away, we only leveled the playing field. If only we knew the real plan for the NWO, we could decide if it was for our benefit or not. Until then, the best way to fight them, is to get rich along side of them. IIf it all crashes does it really matter? Dollars in the matress will be worthless. Buy stocks,especially tthose that become popular on the Dubai exchange.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by disgustedbyhumanity]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just a heads-up ATS'ers. First hour guest, Catherine Austin Fitts , will be discussing the Dubai/Nasdaq purchase tonight on C2C radio

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Hey wrangell! I tired to U2U, but I dont have enough posts yet! LOL
I see you are in AK...so am I! Shoot me a PM!

top topics

join