It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad to speak at US university

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Navieko - would just like to add my support at your persistence in this matter. I have starred several of your statements in this thread. I wish I had your energy ........ I hope you keep it up.

DYepes - your last post was simply brilliant, I will read more from both of you

Great satire here on the issue.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Shambles]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

HAHAHAHA Trust aqua-velva jad? You think it's US propaganda showing the videos of Iranians rising up to crush this insane man. Unlike German Sheople, the Iranian people will not live under a Hitler.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I havent made any points?

You're obviously just trolling or havent even bothered to read each of my posts if you believe that. I'm not about to repeat the same things just for you mate, go back and look.

And even funnier -

However, when I offer my opinion backed up with fact you have a problem.
...is that a joke or something? You've offered your oppinion, if you can call them that -- I'll give you that.
But backed up with fact? Wow... you're right! I truly must be blind.

As I said, go back look at my posts (not just the ones directed at you) and then come back with an actual argument -- perhaps with some links, dates and names. And while you're also at it, look at all other very valid points that others have made -- theres a lot of them.

Until then, I'm not going to take you seriously -- and for that reason you may have seen me step down to your level with my replies. Not anymore -- I apologize. Either give me some actual substance to work with, or I won't bother.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Navieko

HAHAHAHA Trust aqua-velva jad? You think it's US propaganda showing the videos of Iranians rising up to crush this insane man. Unlike German Sheople, the Iranian people will not live under a Hitler.

There are videos of people from EVERY nation 'rising up' (protesting) against their leaders. How about America for instance? I bet you there's a HELL of a lot more people that want to 'crush' Mr. Bush. It's quite a stretch to say that all Iranians or even the majority of Iranians want Mr. Ahdmadinejad out. There will ALWAYS be, in EVERY nation -- some that are not happy with certain things. So does that warrant a war... an invasion? Would you feel it as a justified reason for Russia and China to invade the US, because a large group of citizens are not happy with their government... or do you think it's best to let them sort it out themselves?

And again -- always an incident being exploited, exaggerated, mistranslated, twisted -- without including ALL the details and the correct context in which the incident took place... Then reported as fact, with no links or path given, in the case that someone may want to 'see for themselves'.

I'm sorry, but it stinks bad of lies and propaganda. Still FAR from convinced.

[edit on 22/9/07 by Navieko]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Isn't that a bit of an oxymoron? You have the right to criticize(speak) that Columbia is giving him a forum(to speak)?

Just a Paradox sir, I do not believe rhetorical effect was intended.

If I could be in NY and ask Ahmadinejad a question on the 24th it would be this:

President Ahmadinejad, you have stated that the peaceful development nuclear power is your nation's goal. Yet the development of nuclear power in any nation leaves a trail of nuclear waste that poisons society. The issue of disposal methods for nuclear waste is one of the most pressing current problems that the international nuclear industry faces. I am personally ashamed of my nation's involvement in nuclear power and associated technologies and the distruction it has brought upon the world. In light of Chernobyl, in light of the US need to truck nuclear waste to Yucca Mtn., in light of the US depleted uranium scattered about Iraq by a regime I do not support; in light of spills and accidents, in light of the corroding containers out there; How does Iran plan to permanently deal with nuclear waste generated by its reactors? What concrete, legislated, intergeneration plan has been enacted? How does your plan differ from the mess the rest of the world is left with? What is your envisioned endlager (german) and why do you feel Iran's children will be at peace with such a plan? Would it not be more beneficial to your society and humanity as a whole to invest in solar, geothermal, or other non-invasive technologies? Is not the peaceful development of nuclear power in itself an oxymoron?

Sri Oracle

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Until then, I'm not going to take you seriously

Actually I don't care what you do.

Just please stop hijacking threads stating the same old dribble about me. Its getting really old. If you don't like my opinion then thats fine but stop acting like your opinion somehow equals fact.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

True!
Please list a nation the U.S. has invaded in order to take over their land and conquer them permantly.

Native Americans
French Indian wars
Mexican-American war, We invaded and took posession of Texas, California, Nevada, Utah, and parts of Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming
Spanish American war We invaded Cuba, we took possesion of Guam ,Puerto Rica and ,The Phillipeans
WW2 West Germany American sector and Japan
Iraq

The last 100 years most invasions of companies are not with foot soldiers but with capitalist, control of a countries resources and governments is the goal and this is done with economic and political leverage. For the benifitt of American Corporations at the cost of the peoples of those countries.

Bananna republics in central America our a good example of this.

What terrorists groups are we sponsoring?

In the past right wing El Salvador death squads, Ossama Bin Laden in Afgan against the Soviets. CIA overthrow of Chille, Iran, attacks in Cuba... But you asked currently so Saudi Arabian Monarch repressing its people, Pakistan repressing its people , Actual groups used to overthrow governments like Venezuela are hard to pin down, they are CIA after al, here is a ex cia agent saying we are trying to kill Chavez.
www.venezuelanalysis.com... but you have to decide who to believe, I give the one example the Contras in Nicaragua to help you see CIA Patterns. US Government supported this group to overthrow the country. www.tkb.org... learn about it anywhere you choose you will see CIA supports terrorism

I never said the U.S. doesn't do anything wrong but we don't do things wrong with an evil or sinister intent.

Our intent is to make the elite of the most powerfull richest country richer and more powerfull, that may not be evil to you, but a guy in Peru who's children are now starving to get us cheaper coffee at starbucks might think differently.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Isn't it odd how many people fear the words of a Iranian leader. They litterally fear what he might say. Don't you understand if he says things horrible and disrespectfull he would help the Bush administration.

They know he might say things that make people think and consider things. Something those in power in the USA do not want the people to do. Letting unfettered opinions against the Bush administration reach the people might get them to make decisions and not just follow.

"Quit trying to scatter the sheep and get away from that podium!"

I know he will spin, I also know Bush and company spin, I know I have the intelligence to make a decision after hearing both sides and checking the accuracy of the information.

In a debate if you believe in power to the few, USA methods win. If you believe all people have value, USA loses.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Excactly were did you find those stats? Never seen stats on country origin of ATS posts.

Anyway I remember round the time of the British sailors held hostage, a member from Iran was on the boards. I do not remeber his name, but I can find it if you want. Not sure whether T&C would deem it namecalling.

But there are posters from Iran, as there are from China on these boards. From about every country in the world.

I really would like to know where you found those stats.

You're welcome to U2 me if you don't wanna post it here, as I will U2 the screenname of the Iranian poster, if you insists.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
Native Americans
French Indian wars

I am not even going to respond to this point because its so crazy.

Mexican-American war

The Mexican War between the United States and Mexico began with a Mexican attack on American troops along the southern border of Texas. This is what happens when you lose war. You lose land. Plus we paid I think 15 million for the land.

Spanish American war We invaded Cuba, we took possesion of Guam ,Puerto Rica and ,The Phillipeans

Really? Are they part of the U.S. currently? Didn't think so.

Come on now! You do realize these are not invasions. We are not there taking control of their land.
They are soverign nations right? We were fighting a war. Are you saying we should not have fought?

Iraq

Same applies here. We are not there to take over their country. We will leave and let the Iraq govern themselves.

You are being really disingenuous with these so called examples.
Just as I thought, you could not come up with any 'real' examples.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Native Americans
French Indian wars
Mexican-American war, We invaded and took posession of Texas, California, Nevada, Utah, and parts of Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming
Iraq

All of those were in fact invasions.

Clearly someone else on here has not read the definition of an invasion.

"An invasion is a military action consisting of armed forces of one geopolitical entity entering territory controlled by another such entity, generally with the objective of either conquering territory, altering the established government, or a combination thereof. An invasion can be the cause of a war, it can be used as a part of a larger strategy to end a war, or it can constitute an entire war in itself."

All of those were either causes of war, a means to end a war, or the entire war in itself.

An invasion has nothing to do with long lasting occupation. It only means that you have taken one countries military, and placed it into another. Thats about it.

So yes, redge777 you are correct.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
All of those were in fact invasions.

Clearly someone else on here has not read the definition of an invasion.

Obviously you do not remember the question I asked or just alterned it to fit into your views.

The poster was responding to this question: "Please list a nation the U.S. has invaded in order to take over their land and conquer them permantly."
So please, before you go off spewing your version of events, make sure you know what the question or discussion is.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'd pay money to see a sniper splatter his brains all over the podium during his speech. I honestly can't believe my tax dollars are paying for this guy's little vacation to the US. Thinking about that just makes me want to shoot him on sight.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Actually, by "rising up", I mean literally rising up. not people with sign posts etc, I mean torching cars, forming secret societies in the wilderness, and actively working to bring down aqua velva jad.

Example of Rebellion:
video.google.com...

Google it yourself. Although it is silenced by Iran, there are westernized Muslims not so happy to welcome the Iranian radicals. Women who refuse the veil, men who refuse tyranny. It's like a mini-1776.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

You obviously have your head in the sand about the danger posed my muslim extremists. I suggest you move to iran and enjoy yourself outside of the u.s where you could be arrested for saying what you just said.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
In a perfect world every nation, every religion, every ethnic group could live together OR apart with tolerance and without fear. Since we do not live in a perfect world this will NEVER be the case. So, we do live in what equates to a multi level chess match. Some countries have more pieces than others, and more powerful pieces.

So, since everyone is in the "Game" everyone is playing for an advantage.
Like every other country, we use our intelligence and military/militia/special ops/terror squads to forward our agenda just like them.

When we try to send "our" message into Iran, they do their best to block it by whatever means necessary, and they have. (Proof is based on the same thing as anyone else’s proof, someone saying it happened in a book, paper or any other media outlet.)

By letting Iran's president speak on our soil, we are just allowing Iran a free pass. I don't like it but it will not make much difference either UNLESS one person believes something he says and does something stupid. And that my fiends is exactly the same thing we hope for when we send "our" message into Iran or any other country. My biggest fear was already mentioned; that he would be harmed here inviting an "internationally understood" reason for an attack on America by Iran.

As for the US invading other countries, well, everybody is doing it for one reason. Profit! All companies do it, and many nations openly provide "intelligence" support to companies so why shouldn't we?

I don't like the HUGE profit the oil/textile/etc companies make in any country at the expense of the poor. I don't approve of any company reaping profit from disadvantaging people of any place on earth. But, to think the US is the only one or the most horrific of these is being blind to what countries do to themselves.

As for quotes from Iran or any other country being twisted, that is just an easy out. There are just too many sources in the world today to say that as an end all response to criticisms.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by bluehaze]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I dont know if somebody said this yet, but something big is going to happen when he gets here. The american population is not behind a Iran war, but if anything happens to the presiedent, IRan will surely start the offensive. Whether its the CIA planning a "student involved shooting" or the president staging his own assassination, I can see something big is going to happen!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Previous post I am replying to was an answer to a question to where we support terrorism I found a interview with Pulitzer Prize Winning New Yorker Journalist of our support of Terrorist in Lebanon, “three Sunni jihadist groups” who are “connected to al Qaeda”

thinkprogress.org...

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by prona
I'd pay money to see a sniper splatter his brains all over the podium during his speech. I honestly can't believe my tax dollars are paying for this guy's little vacation to the US. Thinking about that just makes me want to shoot him on sight.

Well that shows a streak of nastiness and short sightedness from you doesnt it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Ahmedinajad as well as you.
And pardon me, where are your tax dollars paying for his vacation?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I bet New York City will pay more in police overtime and for additional
manpower during Ahmadinejad's visit than they will pay for normal
salaries while he's here. Citizens are in fact paying for his visit..and
far more than what merely funding his trip would cost.

After all these years of technological advancement by the CIA, you'd
think that they would have a way of injecting him with something from
a distance that would cause death a few weeks from now. ATS is full
of threads discussing alleged ultra-secret technologies. I find it hard
to believe that we can't covertly terminate one person in order to
save millions of human lives down the road and avoid spending
billions of dollars to find this guy after he goes into hiding (ala Bin
Laden) after the atrocities are committed. It just makes sense..
doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join