It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad to speak at US university

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthefence81
I think the man should be given a chance to be listened to without all the propaganda surrounding him. Perfect oppurtunity for him to get his side of the story out to the west which is fair enough.

Are you serious?
He is nothing but a walking propaganda machine. He is only going to spout what he feels people like yourself want to hear. He will only spew propaganda in a attempt to sway the gullible. You don't actually think he will be truthful and forthcoming do you? I hope not.

Ateast the guy has some balls cuz i wouldnt see bush speaking at a uni in iran.

How that?
He knows that most people in the audience will be simpethetic to him and he will say exactly the right words to make people believe his propaganda.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Um, how has he threatened YOUR way of life?

SARCASM guys, should have pointed that out.

My point was if this guy is the monster he has been made out to be by Bush and his Cabal, then I find it very ironic they let him tote around here on a Visa giving speeches.

Reminds me of the 1938 Time Magazine's Man of the Year...

"You see, it's all a show, keep 'em laughing as you go, but remember that the last laugh is on you..."

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
I don't know where the hell people get that he's some stupid crazy idiot.

I don't think he is stupid but he is a crazy idiot!

Mr. Ahmadinejad sounded like an extremely intelligent and quite a nice guy. He actually seemed to be switched on... unlike the majority of Americans, who still believe the bullcrap their media spouts about how he called for the 'destruction of a country' etc.

You are falling for his act hook, line and sinker. You should be ashamed of yourself for believing the BS that comes out of this lunatics mouth. You don't really believe he would actually tell the truth do you?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Are you serious?
He is nothing but a walking propaganda machine. He is only going to spout what he feels people like yourself want to hear. He will only spew propaganda in a attempt to sway the gullible. You don't actually think he will be truthful and forthcoming do you? I hope not.

Yeh i am, everyone should be given a chance to get their word across directly. It cant be any worse than listening to bush giving one of his speeches so wats the major problem?

I don't take much notice of news agencies i would rather hear it from the horses mouth so i can make my own mind up.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by onthefence81]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yeh i am, everyone should be given a chance to get their word across directly. It cant be any worse than listening to bush giving one of his speeches so wats the major problem?

I don't take much notice of news agencies i would rather hear it from the horses mouth so i can make my own mind up.

Why do you have to hear him spouting his propaganda from U.S. soil?
He speaks the same garbage from Iran and when its somethinig he wants people like you to hear they actually translate it, not the U.S. media.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Why do you have to hear him spouting his propaganda from U.S. soil?

People don't have to listen to him, and i think you underestimate the pulic. If hes full of crap people will see straight through him.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This makes me mad. Why would we even let this go on in the US I can tell you what would happen... he will end up getting killed here in the US then IRAN will declare war on the US thats prb what will happen.. and if he has been threatening us and other countries why would we even listen to him.... I don't get it!!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
You are falling for his act hook, line and sinker. You should be ashamed of yourself for believing the BS that comes out of this lunatics mouth. You don't really believe he would actually tell the truth do you?

Tell me -- what makes you believe one over the other? I could take all your quotes, replace any reference to Mr. Ahmadinejad with the American government & Mainstream media, and it'd make just as much (actually a lot more) sense. All you're offering is your oppinion which is based on nothing, and acting like it's the 'most obvious thing'.

Sounds to me as if you've got a biased point of view for whatever reason. Israeli that can't stand the truth, American that can't stand the truth... either way it doesn't matter. The way you present yourself in arguments is 'obviously' a tell-tale sign for people not to take you seriously.

Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I hope they allow him to speak. Nothing like seeing for myself what the man has in mind.
I'd like to make that assesment for myself without the boogieman government telling me what HE SAYS.

My guess is it will never happen.

Agreed.

The only supposed remarks I have heard attributed to the man were 'translations' from our government and/or their propaganda media. This is the very same government/media which has been caught telling lie after lie.

I want to hear him for myself...I can make my own decisons as to how I feel about what he says.

I DON'T NEED GOVERNMENT ISSUED BRAINWASHING!

I can think for myself.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
In the eyes of the rest of the civilized world his ambitions are not in view with the rest of the world.

His ideals would/will cause instability.

He's trying to convince the world that he is right in his path.

The answer is that he is wrong. With a nuclear power Iran's words would mean more, they would have enormous weight.

Not only that but it would destabalize the middle east in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

Iran would not stop once it attained Nuclear power, this is just the beginning of an out of control disaster that you can't even imagine.

The United States doesn't want to have to deal with a strong Iran, trust me.

World War II would look like a spring day.

Once Iran has Nuclear Weapons, next this emboldens Russia, China, and North Korea would feel secure in doing what it wants, then Venesuala would get into the act. All the while Al-queda the most active and successful terrorist organization in history is behind the scene the whole time, waiting for the death blow.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Ahmedinejad will risk his country to stop American forces from occupying or making Iraq a Democracy. Foreign Oil is a artery to America which we have to protect at all costs. Win Iraq, America has 70 % control of the oil produced in the Middle East. Iran and Syria are the last hardcore supporters of extremism.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Once Iran has Nuclear Weapons, next this emboldens Russia, China, and North Korea would feel secure in doing what it wants, then Venezuela would get into the act. All the while Al-Qaeda the most active and successful terrorist organization in history is behind the scene the whole time, waiting for the death blow.

So what you are saying is, it would empower the rest of the world to have the courage to evict the American empire from the hundreds - over a thousand overseas bases which exploit poorer undeveloped, and/or developed nations numbering in the dozens. These bases pollute the land with a mandatory military exemption from any environmental responsibility of whatever it produces.

they facilitate the dominance of multinational corporations, who drain the local resources and tax the goods and services it sends back to the homelands to the rate of inflicting a growing poverty unto its own citizens. At the same time recklessly wasting a high percentage of finished products and labor, which the population has no longer bothered to be concerned with it, allowing the international exploitation of the empire's slaves to continue unmolested.

I can understand why the rest of the world would follow suit, I think it is time for other people around the world to begin to fight for their own interests once again, rather than that of apathetic, supremacist, and hateful foreign exploiters.

Attacking Iran will not weaken it, it shall be the birth of the creating of a new Middle Eastern Civilization, United almost exclusively through Islam, which will grow to consume not only Israel (again), but re-uniting parts of the Northern and Horn of Africa territories as well, with Pacific allies.

Regardless of how technologically advanced or not they are, the sheer numbers alone of such a force would ultimately lead to the end of the reigning aggressor exploiting the world. In most part, it would be due to the inability of the Empires’ foreign assets to re-supply in the exploited lands.

The fate of the Western powers can not be determined from that point, but one fact would be that almost every region of the world will have regained complete influence over their lands and peoples, giving hope to the development of new and better ways of living in the world.

BUT OF COURSE AMERICA WILL NOT BE ATTACKING IRAN, AND NEITHER WILL ISRAEL, SO WE SHOULD NOT BE WORRYING ABOUT SUCH NONSENSE

That sure would make a great premise for a new novel though; I think I will hit the typewriter soon.

(edited for grammar and spelling.)

[edit on 9/22/2007 by DYepes]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Originally posted by Dr Love
Dj, is Columbia doing something hypocritical or symbolic?

Which one is it, or are you just sitting on the fence?

Peace

Columbia University allowed members of the Minutemen to be mobbed and shouted off the stage last year. At the very least, I would say Columbia is being disingenuous.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm glad to hear that you agree. Google "Free speech zones", there were too damn many to choose from. So when do we censure Bush? Btw, I'm glad you're in line with this.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by intrepid]

Not the same at all. When we are prohibited from having this discussion over the internet and around the world, then I'll put us in the same class as Iran. Not until then.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a duplicitous liar

reply to post by onthefence81

Are you serious?

[edit on 21-9-2007 by onthefence81]

The problem is, you will never be able to hear it from "the horse's mouth", which is actually the Iranian people.

They do not have free speech. They do not have free access to the internet. Ahmadinejad and the mullahs have silenced them.

And people here are so naive as to believe that he will talk sincerely and honestly.

If anyone here gets the opportunity to attend, ask him about censorship and see what his response is.

And ask him about the 16 yr old girl who was recently hung for "having a sharp tongue".

"Genuine, sincere, intelligent".
Yeah, right. My left foot, he is.:shk:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So this is idiot gets to enjoy the freedom of speech on our country? This is such a slap in the face to all the Iranians who cant say ANYTHING in their country without risk of execution if their gov't doesnt like what they are saying. Why should we let this man talk?

um that actually happened far worse under the US backed Shaw of Iran, you know the guy the US put back into power after the CIA bombed a clerics house and blaming it on the prime minister.

oh and I can site sources if you like.

One more thing I challenge anyone that has only watched the news regarding Iran to go to this thread and review the videos their. Are you brave enough to face the possibility that their is more then the American media has told you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Specifically the last Scott Ritter Clip, UN Weapons Inspector 1991-1998 and ex US Marine.

God Bless America

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Sure do. Any world leader who doesnt let their own citizens enjoy free speech in their country should not have the opportunity to come here and enjoy it as well. If they feel so styrongly that their OWN citizens cannot speak freely then why do they think they should enjoy that opportunity?

It would be nice if this forum had negative stars I could click. Free speech is not only for the person speaking it is for the people listening also. You and me gain because we know that anyone can speak, and then we get to decide if it is valid, worthy, or garbage. That is part of freedom, being allowed to here both sides of an arguement then making a critical thought inspired decision.

If the goverment starts choosing goverments to not allow americans to hear from, then can't they say anything about country X and then just add X to the speakers blacklist so they can never deny it?

One more thing, the only people our government will not give free speech rights too is the American people, look up free speech zones a double speak name for the fenced in areas US Citizens are only allowed to speak from at media events.

Their is a nice one of a guy getting arrested at a Bush speach for wearing a anti Bush shirt, he didn't even say anything.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
snip> from a short article @ www.ec-an.eu...
(scroll down to 2nd article; "A Tolerance For Terror"

Lee Bollinger, President of Columbia University - is a tolerant man.
In fact. he is the author of The Tolerant Society",
a book that asserts that a free society is strengthened by tolerating its most offensive and extreme elements -- like Nazi's for instance.
~from above link~

That is one reason why Ahmadinejad was offered the privledge of
giving a speech followed by a limited Q&A period at Columbia U.

not because he is entitled to, or has a right to, speak his spinn & rhetoric
& propaganda. Ahmadinejad, President of Iran, is visiting the U.N. &
speaking before the General Assembly, and as a visiting diplomat...
enemy or not.... is given the freedom to travel, shop, even give speeches
within a 25 mile radius of the U.N. building he will be visiting.
[i seriously doubt an elected official from the White House would be extended that freedom on a visit to Iran]

I welcome Iran's President, that does not mean i support his views...
in front of that crowd at Columbia, he even stands a chance of getting booed & jeered, it all depends on what his message will be and the crowds
reaction.
He should have enough rope to hang himself....
or convince me that the western world is wrong, and is causing the turmoil in the mid & near east.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by trunkmonkey
reply to post by Navieko

Ahmedinejad will risk his country to stop American forces from occupying or making Iraq a Democracy. Foreign Oil is a artery to America which we have to protect at all costs. Win Iraq, America has 70 % control of the oil produced in the Middle East. Iran and Syria are the last hardcore supporters of extremism.

make them a democracy are you joking! When do we make countries democracies, not only do we not make democracies, we overthrow them, look at history.
Further more !!
and I really mean Further more !!
Iran was a democracy in 1953 WE OVERTHREW IT. and put in a monarch, it only became a thocracy to overthrow the torturing Shaw that signed the oil over to American countries. Read history please this is embarrising.

On a side note, we also suport the following dictatorships/monarchies in the middle east. Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and a puppet in Iraq, and a puppet in afgan. We borrow our money, and have expanded trade into totalitarian China, and we propted up the corrupt Marcos in the Phillipeans. One more tidbit, we also overthrew ligitimit goverments in Chille, Hatti, and we are on the way to overthrow the elected Chavez in Venasuala, why because he took the oil back from US Companies to help his people.

Now if you know all this, but support Imperialism and rule by an elite few you have the right to that oppinion, but don't give me this song and dance that we spread freedom. You either know better or you should.

I have to be fair after Kuwait was liberated their royal family stepped down.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Tell me -- what makes you believe one over the other?

Come on! Are you really being serious?
Do you really believe this lunatic of Iran? So I guess you beleive the holocaust did not happen since Ahmadinedoofus stated publically this is what he believes.

I could take all your quotes, replace any reference to Mr. Ahmadinejad with the American government & Mainstream media, and it'd make just as much (actually a lot more) sense.

NOT!!
If fact, I bet you cannot even tell me one credible thing that the current U.S. administration has said that compares to Iran.

All you're offering is your opinion which is based on nothing, and acting like it's the 'most obvious thing'.

Now you know how everyone feels when they read your posts.

BTW, it is obvious that you have no facts to back up your outlandish claims. Its almost as if you have been brainwashed by a terrorists regime.

Sounds to me as if you've got a biased point of view for whatever reason.

Umm.....Its called a different opintion.

I could say the same about you.

The way you present yourself in arguments is 'obviously' a tell-tale sign for people not to take you seriously.

I guess its obvious then that people must be laughing at you. How can people take you seriously when you provide no proof. All you provide is your opinion which is based on propaganda from terrorists.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join