It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad to speak at US university

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by mallory-john
Why can't we compare both? Nazi-Germany and Iran were financial supported and armed by the USA. Both are regimes instead of democratical voted systems. Both are antisemics, against Jews. Both try to expand their own religion believings around the world.

Dont forgot the persian empire. Is was double of Rom Empire size.

I think we can compare both.

For pitys sake, go and read up about Iran, and please, please, educate yourself. If Iran is anti-semitic, how come it has the largest jewish population of any muslim country, and the third largest population of Persian jews in the country (third after Israel and the US).

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

No need to be harsh. Did you informed yourself about Jewish? Then you would know that there are many tribes of Jewish. Your so called "largest population of persian jews" isnt correct.

Iran jews are less than 0,03% of world jews.
Please refer to this chart:
www.pixelitodesign.com...

The jews in Israel are called "Hebrew" Jews. Ahmadinejad called them zionists.
-----------------------------------
URLed link - image too large

[edit on 25/9/07 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
To call them zionists is totally and factually correct.

upload.wikimedia.org...

That is David Ben Gurion (First Prime Minister of Israel) publicly pronouncing the Declaration of the State of Israel, May 14, 1948, Tel Aviv, Israel, beneath a large portrait of Theodore Herzl, founder of modern political Zionism.

en.wikipedia.org...

wikki yes but a good potted history .

Zionism is a political movment and is now taken on as core beliefs -and isn`t what judaism , at its core , is about.

[edit on 25/9/07 by Harlequin]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Originally posted by Chorlton

Originally posted by Bunch

He could have done himself a favor, now I dont care if he wants to destroy Israel or not, he wont get his wish anyways, but for a HEAD OF STATE to not even clarify that statement speaks volumes of what his intentions are.

No it doesnt, it probably shows that he realised that everything he said would be taken out of context. Its obvious many here took his statements out of context so his silence was probably well timed.

[edit on 25/9/07 by Chorlton]

I suppose we'd take it out of context the same wasy we misinterpreted his statement about gays in Iran, eh?

NEW YORK (AFP) — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad skirted a question about the treatment of homosexuals in Iran on Monday, saying in a speech at a top US university that there were no gays in Iran.

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," Ahmadinejad said to howls and boos among the Columbia University audience.

"In Iran we do not have this phenomenon, I don't know who has told you that we have it," he said.

afp.google.com...

The level of gullibility here is amazing.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No need to be harsh. Did you informed yourself about Jewish? Then you would know that there are many tribes of Jewish. Your so called "largest population of persian jews" isnt correct.

You described Iran as anti-semitic, did you not?

How do the facts I presented, and the table you presented, add up to Iran being anti-semitic?

You say I'm being harsh, and yet you clearly don't understand the meaning of what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just saw a clip on cnn, they showed the gay comment and then the boos. Double whammy for corporate media, shows him as either a lier or out of reality. Shows college as pro gay and can use that to rally the Religous Right that reacts to that.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

"The level of gullibility here is amazing."

And is only exceed by sabre rattling, breast beating intolerant stupidity

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

what he has described is the social acceptance and even promotion of `homosexuality` within the usa which does not occur within Iran

hence the words `phenomenon`

or did you fail to begin to comprehend that meaning?

obviously by your biggoted reply your comment has raised the level of stupidity on this very forum to incredulous heights by certain uneducated western countries

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

You described Iran as anti-semitic, did you not?

How do the facts I presented, and the table you presented, add up to Iran being anti-semitic?

You say I'm being harsh, and yet you clearly don't understand the meaning of what you are saying.

You sound like a politican. I shown you facts that your statement about the population of iran jews are wrong, instead of accepting it, your refer to a different statement I made before.

I didnt mean all Iranian are anti-semitic, but most - and most dangerous - the leader and the regime is. And dont tell me that they cant be anti-semitic because 0,03% of iranian are jewish...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
and you are dangerously biggoted

he is anti-zionist and pro-judaism - he hasn`t changed his words at all.

he is anti the state of israel but pro the people.

any fool can see the difference

can you?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

You sound like a politican. I shown you facts that your statement about the population of iran jews are wrong, instead of accepting it, your refer to a different statement I made before.

I didnt mean all Iranian are anti-semitic, but most - and most dangerous - the leader and the regime is. And dont tell me that they cant be anti-semitic because 0,03% of iranian are jewish...

OK. So your table was right and my figures were wrong. So I was wrong about the numbers. Big deal. Now you've had your little victory lets get back to the substance.

You labelled Iran as being anti-semitic. You were wrong. Now you say the leaders are anti-semitic. So what you are claiming is that the anti-semitic leaders tolerate a jewish population in the country. If they were as anti-semitic and evil as you made them out to be, I doubt that would be the case, don't you?

Now then, what basis do you have for claiming that the Iranian leadership is anti-semitic? Its true Iran would like to see regime change in Israel. Looking for regime change is an acceptable thing these days is it not? - I think that the Bush administration proved that so no one can really complain if someone else looks for it. So, whats the problem with that?

Prove this "anti-semitism". Give me links to sites showing government sponsored beatings/eradications of jews in Iran. Show me how the leaders are targetting the jewish people in their country. Are they segregating them in ghettos and taking their jobs from them? Are they shipping them off to gas chambers? Lets have some proper substance. And please, don't refer to the often misquoted "wipe Israel off the map" line because thats been proven to be wrong time and time again. Lets have some facts instead of hearsay and Fox news opinions.

[edit on 25/0907/07 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

"The level of gullibility here is amazing."

And is only exceed by sabre rattling, breast beating intolerant stupidity

No saber rattling going on here. You want to believe a person who says there are no homosexuals in his country, go right ahead.

Originally posted by Harlequin
what he has described is the social acceptance and even promotion of `homosexuality` within the usa which does not occur within Iran

hence the words `phenomenon`

or did you fail to begin to comprehend that meaning?

obviously by your biggoted reply your comment has raised the level of stupidity on this very forum to incredulous heights by certain uneducated western countries

Biggoted?(sp) Are you accusing me of being bigoted against homosexuals?

My comment has nothing to do with homosexuals, and everything to do with your gullibility and naivete. You would defend Ahmadinejad's every word because you hate the US so much.

I'm not bigoted against homosexuals. Neither is my country.

But in Iran, they execute homosexuals. And apostates and heretics.

Now that's bigotry!

Defend that if you can.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Originally posted by Harlequin
and you are dangerously biggoted

he is anti-zionist and pro-judaism - he hasn`t changed his words at all.

he is anti the state of israel but pro the people.

any fool can see the difference

can you?

Maybe he can't see any relevant difference because he is not a fool...

You're walking around here calling people bigoted with no basis in fact. All that tactics like that do is stir up aggression and solve nothing. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a very clever and brave man and the US would do extremely well to have such a man in charge.

I really don't think he's anti-semetic or anti-gay. He didn't choose to have the death sentence either and he does not have the power to change it.

He is anti-zionist, he does not hate jews, but is afraid that Israel (A zionist state) and it's big brother America will destroy the world. He has seen the irreperable damage done to Iraq, syria etc and is refusing to let ancient Iran suffer the same.

He is the equivelant of the smart kid in class who outwits the cocky spoiled kid (Israel) who is protected by the bully (USA).

He is probably not anti-gay either. He just probably doesn't wish to end up in jail himself for any pro-gay comments.

A previous poster has mentioned how cleverly the media has edited the footage to show only the booing and the more controversial parts of the speech and a lot of GULLIBLE idiots are already swallowing the propoganda.

Hats off to him. Now when are the cowardly Bush and Cheyney going to appear at an Iranian university?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Defend that if you can.

I dont know if its a question of defending it or him....maybe its a question of what right do we have to question what they do in THIER country....

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Hats off to him. Now when are the cowardly Bush and Cheyney going to appear at an Iranian university?

The first Thanksgiving of the occupation.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

well you can `appreciate it` all you like but the small fact is you have little to no undertsanding and thus post from a biased closed minded `i swallow for fox news` position.

how can 1 person be such a massive disappointment.

My comment has nothing to do with homosexuals, and everything to do with your gullibility and naivete. You would defend Ahmadinejad's every word because you hate the US so much.

you are so blinded by the flag and defeaned by the pledge you believe everything you are told

such a dissapointment.

you believe i hate the USA - how foolish can you be - i hate the administration - the people are so totally different to the idiot in washington it might as well be a seperate country

but you are so closed minded and bigoted you cannot see that.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am so glad that the majority of the posters here reflect the view of a tiny minority of the American population or they are not even U.S. Citizens.

Your hatred for this country or "administration" goes so deep that you are willing to sell your soul to the first person or country that stand up to the big bad U.S and in that process justifying and apologizing for everything they say or do. Your cause is hopeless and instead of wasting your effort in the proverbial the enemy of my enemy is my friend, you should all be focusing on how to make this country better and providing some realistic solution to this issues.

The issues between Iran and U.S. run far before the present conflict of nuclear weapons and has gone over democratics and republicans administration, and understand that there is going to be people that are going to hate the U.S. no matter who's in power, those who welcome and democrat in the next election has already forgotten that they use to burn American flags during Carter, Clinton and others so this hate is not new, and to be honest is rather old. Nothing that the U.S. do will satisfy anyone completely that's the reality.

All of you hate mongers need to realize that your views are those of few, so try something for a change become part of the solution not part of the problem, not mentioning names here, you know who you are.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I wonder if you could say to whom you are pointing your post at as to me it seems a bit uncertain
Thanks

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

Have you read this thread? I have been subjected to insults and name calling by many posters just because I happen to disagree with some of their views. They know who they are, and I would not give them the satisfaction of me getting banned for it.

This are the people that once you beat them with the arguement and facts, they go with the rhetoric and propaganda that they say they dispise from one side but if it comes from other side it must be a fact, once you call them on that then they have no option than just call you names or spit back insults, is pathetic should not be condone here, and to be frankly I would not waste further time with them.

That said I understand that topics like this are going to generate a lot of passion, thats why I try to keep an open mind and read every post to see if I can understand what is been said not from CNN or Fox News like many people mention, BUT FROM THE GUYS AT THE OTHER SIDE, and they are just so few that can put out a coherent point, but the majority im sorry to say don't.

I send a U2U to one guy 2 days ago because I thought he might clarify something to me that I thought was interesting, no reply, the guy claim that he had ample knowledge, no reply, then comes back with more Al Jazeera propaganda, to be honest at this point I dont go to the news expecting truth, thats why I come here to see what the regular folk is thinking, but I have come to the conclusion that not even here you can get an accurate view because those that not get the propaganda from the Western outlets, they get it from the other side.

Sorry for not being specific with names, I just hope that many people realize what my point is if nothing for the improvement of the discussion.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
I am so glad that the majority of the posters here reflect the view of a tiny minority of the American population or they are not even U.S. Citizens.

Thanks. I'm quite glad of it myself.

Your hatred for this country or "administration" goes so deep that you are willing to sell your soul to the first person or country that stand up to the big bad U.S and in that process justifying and apologizing for everything they say or do. Your cause is hopeless and instead of wasting your effort in the proverbial the enemy of my enemy is my friend, you should all be focusing on how to make this country better and providing some realistic solution to this issues.

Forgive me, I am trying to make your country better. I'm trying to point out that the media is manipulated by propaganda. I'm trying to point out that rather than researching the issues at hand a whole host of people would just rather be told what to think. I'm trying to point out the crassly arrogant and downright ignorant opinions of those people who seem to think that the USA operates in a vaccum that doesn't affect anyone else and is untouchable. I'm also trying to figure out why your country seems hell bent on moving towards attacking a sovereign nation again, without provocation, because thats what the US used to fight against and not stand for. By the way, there is a significant difference between country and "administration". If you can't understand it, then maybe you ought to look the two terms up in dictionary.

The issues between Iran and U.S. run far before the present conflict of nuclear weapons and has gone over democratics and republicans administration, and understand that there is going to be people that are going to hate the U.S. no matter who's in power, those who welcome and democrat in the next election has already forgotten that they use to burn American flags during Carter, Clinton and others so this hate is not new, and to be honest is rather old. Nothing that the U.S. do will satisfy anyone completely that's the reality.

Actually, it could do something to help. It could put Israel on a leash. It could stop vetoing UN resolutions that censure Israels actions in the Middle East. It could actively engage ALL parties in the Middle East Peace protest instead of picking and choosing. It could engage Iran from a standpoint of equality instead of pompous arrogant assumed superiority and hypocrisy.

You are right that the issues go back further. Why don't you list them for us? Show us in which part Iran has been the aggressor?

All of you hate mongers need to realize that your views are those of few, so try something for a change become part of the solution not part of the problem, not mentioning names here, you know who you are.

If disagreeing with the position of the Bush Administration makes me a "hate monger", then so be it. I shall continue to spread my "hate" far and wide while you assume the position and watch as more of your people get sent to die for oil, and under false pretences. Hopefully, sooner or later some people might start listening to this "hate" and stop killing people.

I shall reiterate my position. I don't hate the USA. I despise the Bush administration and its foreign policy. There is a huge difference. Deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join