It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad to speak at US university

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Right now I believe they are just doing commentary until the Columbia speech.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought the Columbia speech was tomorrow?

Yes? No?

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

His answers on the Holocaust showed what a true scumbag he really is.

The Holocaust happened millions died. No doubt no question. We do have a very pro Isreal spin in our media, but doubting the Holocaust happened is Ignorant.

He is either playing into what he believes may be a antisementic population somewhere in USA, but I doubt they exist, at least not signifigant. More likely is he has bought into Jewish media conspiracy talk and has spun that way into lala land. Jewish lobbiest do have a great deal of influence in US policy and media, but the Holocaust happened.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
CNN will be carrying the speech and questions live shortly... or so they say.

Could be dicey, since they've been playing the 'Hate Speech' up pretty good.

No telling how this is going to go down.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

wow Live on CNN, the media handlers must have liked the way he came off and decided the American people can see it.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Fox news is not even televising the audio of the Columbia guy who's speaking right now.

You sheep might want to tune into CNN so you don't miss anything.

Peace

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
OK. Next Question

Bush says Iran Sponsors terrorism. Calls it part of the Axis of Evil. Suggests he would like to see Regime change in the country. Alot of Americans agree with that. Others don't.

That, apparently is ok.

Iran says Israel is a rogue nation. It suggests that is needs Regime change. It also suggests that the US is an evil entity thats destabilised the region. Alot of Iranians agree with that. Others don't.

Thats not percieved as ok.

Why?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by jsobecky

They're driving outdated jeeps with "Down with America." All the while we have heavy formations of Apaches and Blackhawks flying mock sorties over my house 6 times a day. We're transporting nukes to fully active and participating air force bases. We're also seeing the same media exposure that Iraq was exposed to before the invasion of that country. How is that lacking any sense?

Because all you see in that one picture are two jeeps, not the entire parade.

Because it matters not if the banners are towed by a jeep or a tank. It's the sentiment that counts.

Because what happens over your house six times a day has nothing to do with this thread.

Just because I'm leaving your ignorant thinking in pieces, ripping it to shreds, doesn't necessarily mean I'm defending Iran. There's no reason for the invasion of anymore nations. We've already been blackmarked for our first "freedom" crusade. Instead of you seeing that, you group me with proponents of Iran.

BLINDING LOGIC once again.

Blinding logic, alright. Blinded by compassion for terrorist regimes.

Terrorist nations as in how? Liberal, Democratic, and with the freedom of religion in a region that has little of all previously mentioned attributes? I know... What are terrorist nations coming to?

Also, all the false allegations of "wiping Israel off the map" can be easly dismissed if you have a friend that speaks Farsi. It should also be known that any following argument talking about Iran supplying Iraqi "terrorists" or "insurgents" with weapons is bogus and will carry no weight in this forum. There's NO reason we should have this outlook on Iran and start criticizing the intentions of our own government.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In germany you can get arrested for saying that the holocost did not happened. Hell, if this sucker land on german soil I would be the first that put cuffs on him for such idiotic answers.

He even say that they dont have homosexuals in Iran ... and that woman do have rights. LOL yeah...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think that this Ahmadinejad should have his own Reality TV show.
Imagine how many millions of nitwits will tune in to watch him spew
nonsense!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
OK. Next Question

Bush says Iran Sponsors terrorism. Calls it part of the Axis of Evil. Suggests he would like to see Regime change in the country. Alot of Americans agree with that. Others don't.

That, apparently is ok.

Iran says Israel is a rogue nation. It suggests that is needs Regime change. It also suggests that the US is an evil entity thats destabilised the region. Alot of Iranians agree with that. Others don't.

Thats not percieved as ok.

Why?

Maybe because USA = good, IRAN = evil.
Maybe because Ahmadinejad said that the holocost didnt happend
Maybe because he is trying to build a nuclear bomb to "wipe israel" from the map

But maybe its because Ajmadinejad is a foo and a former terrorist, hijacker and leading operator in a international terror cell.

The problem is that most of you are against the USA because of 9/11, NWO, Bush, Iraq War. And that makes you blind. You do not see that Ahmadinejad is a evil jerk, a dangerous person who will not build a nuclear powerplant.

If Ahmadinejad would be now Hitler - would you allow Hitler to build a nuclear "powerplant"?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by mallory-john]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Originally posted by Boondock78

Originally posted by stellawayten
Does anyone know if the speech at columbia is going to be televised and if so... what network?

i do not think it is....press conference after...

i think

Had you read the replies on this page, you'd see where I pointed out that it was being shown right then. That was the Q&A with the students.

At 2PM, CNN picked up the coverage of Bollinger's and his speeches.

Don't worry if you missed it - I'm sure C-Span will replay it several times.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
He is either playing into what he believes may be a antisementic population somewhere in USA

He is not playing anything. This is what he really believes! It just proves my point that he is complete lunatic and everything that comes out of his mouth has to be taken very, very lightly.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mallory-john
He even say that they dont have homosexuals in Iran ... and that woman do have rights. LOL yeah...

Another example of how Ahmadindoofus is just a plain insane lunatic and every threat that comes out of his mouth must be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Terrorist nations as in how? Liberal, Democratic, and with the freedom of religion in a region that has little of all previously mentioned attributes? I know... What are terrorist nations coming to?

If they have such freedom, then why are apostasy and heresy considered crimes punishable by death in Iran?

Also, all the false allegations of "wiping Israel off the map" can be easly dismissed if you have a friend that speaks Farsi.

There's no Farsi disconnect in the following excerpt from today:

"We do not recognize that regime (Israel) because it is based on occupation and racism. It constantly attacks its neighbors," Ahmadinejad said in a video news conference from New York with the National Press Club in Washington.

"It kills people. It drives people from their homes," said Ahmadinejad citing recent Israeli military action in Syria and Lebanon.

Iran will not recognize Israel

It should also be known that any following argument talking about Iran supplying Iraqi "terrorists" or "insurgents" with weapons is bogus and will carry no weight in this forum.

Your lack of knowledge of mideast geopolitics is making you look like a fool. You're beginning to sound like Ahmadinejad himself.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Not surprisingly, most people here who are the first to attack fellow members for the most innocent of off-color jokes are the first to embrace this total maniac who cares absolutely nothing for human rights.

What I am surprised at is how powerful the university president's speech was. He surely didn't pull any punches. For that I do applaud him, although I still don't think he should have even let this thing ever happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Also, all the false allegations of "wiping Israel off the map" can be easly dismissed if you have a friend that speaks Farsi.

OK lets end up this farse right now, he was ask not once but twice today about his remarks of wiping Israel off the map.

He was asked to answer directly whether he or his government seeks the destruction of Israel. He did not.

Someone from the audience asked Mr. Ahmadinejad if he was calling for the destruction of the State of Israel. The Iranian president did not provide a yes or no answer, but spoke instead about the issue of Palestininian self-determination: “We love all nations. We love the Jewish people. There are many Jews living in Iran, with peace and security.”

When John H. Coatsworth, the acting dean of Columbia’s School of International and Public Affairs, challenged Mr. Ahmadinejad to give a yes or no answer, the president responded:

“ Where’s the free expression in that?” he asked.

He called for a “free referendum” in Palestine. “Let the people of Palestine freely chose what they want for their future,”

But to solve the “60-year-old problem,” he said, “we must allow the Palestinian people to decide on its future itself.”

On the biggest stage that he has had here, he could has easily remove the fear of many by saying that he is not calling for the destruction of Israel and fail to do so.

There is no spining, he was asked, he did not respond. Please end the farse and propaganda.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Hey, genius. Have you ever been to the middle east or associated with anyone who maybe from Iran, Afghanistan, or Pakistan? Your lack of knowledge about anything regarding the middle east is stupifying. It's not as easy as "They're bad, we're good." Get a plain ticket to Morocco or Spain and head east. Talk to the people in those countries and get their take on things. It'd do you a lot of good. It's pretty enlightening. And don't ever insult my intelligence again because I'd hate to rip you apart like I've been doing every post since I caught your half-wit statements back on the 4th page.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And don't ever insult my intelligence again because I'd hate to rip you apart like I've been doing every post since I caught your half-wit statements back on the 4th page.

Considering how he has won every argument with you there is not much intelligence to insult.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
There's an enormous difference between wiping Israel off the map and not recognizing a regime. It's crazy hearing people talk like they want another war. They will do no deciphering themselves but will believe every word from ONE side of the story. That is very, dangerous and dangerously ignorant.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join