It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Ahmadinejad to speak at US university

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
We all know and see how detrimental our actions were in Iraq to a nation that for the most part , entirely stable(If anyone of you bring up anything implying I'm justifying Sadam I'll fly out to where ever you are and we're going to throwdown). With the 80,000 civilians dead and 4,000 of our own troops with millions displaced from their homes.

Well, this is what happens in war. War is not pretty or nice. I guess Saddam should have thought this through more thoroughly before playing with fire. Iraq lost and now we are helping them get back on their feet.

More war is the furthest thing from being the solution to Iran or any other nation.

Yes, in your opinion.

4thDoctorWhoFan, There's no need for a "with us or against us" attitude. There's an entire grey area you've yet to consider.

Sorry but the middle of the road is a dangerous place and its for people who cannot make up their own mind of what is right and wrong or moral. Step up and take a side.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Ahmadinejad: "Death to America!"

...And one day before leaving for the US, Ahmadinejad presided over a military parade that flew banners saying "Death to America" and Death to Israel".

UPDATE at 9/22/07 12:13:28 pm:

Several Arabic-speaking readers have emailed to let me know that the slogan in Arabic script, above “Down with USA/Esrail,” actually says “DEATH to USA/Israel.”

littlegreenfootballs.com...(Update-_Arabic_Reads_Death_to_USA)&only

You think pictures are damaging? We have nuclear missles being transported around the United States, An increase in military aircraft drills, and a media machine drumming up segments about the threat of Iran being some nuclear rogue nation. Israel and the United States are THE largest threat to Iran by far. They have two pictures on obsolete jeeps. I don't think it's in anyones best interest to have people perpetuating this xenophobic fear.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton
So you are advocating the murder of an innocent person because of his beliefs?

The weirdness of some people belies belief.

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Advocating the murder of a human being for words?
That concept is just to much for me to comprehend.

Originally posted by Copernicus
People are seriously crazy. Killing someone because you dont like his clothes or beliefs? Thats what Hitler did!

While I'm not advocating any murder, I'm suprised at your disbelief. There have been many instances here on ATS where it has been advocated that Bush or Cheney be assassinated. And many times it's Americans calling for the assassination.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You think pictures are damaging? We have nuclear missles being transported around the United States, An increase in military aircraft drills, and a media machine drumming up segments about the threat of Iran being some nuclear rogue nation. Israel and the United States are THE largest threat to Iran by far. They have two pictures on obsolete jeeps. I don't think it's in anyones best interest to have people perpetuating this xenophobic fear.

Yes, I think pictures are damaging. Islamofascists have committed murder and mayhem because of cartoons drawn resembling their prophet.

You seem to be defending Iran quite vigorously. Are you in support of their "Death to America" philosophy?

The rest of your post is nonsensical.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Okay, SMF. You're right. We need more senseless killing of people who get trapped between two extremes that they have nothing to do with. Those people aren't entitled to peace, harmony, and lives because another country has obvious ulterior intentions for invading. Genius.

My opinion seems to be the gleaming light of reason and logic. Let's review the never-ending conflict in Iraq we're currently involved in. We started an illegal war with a country in which we steam rolled days after ignoring every report indicating that we were wrong in our speculation concerning WMD's and even bolstered these claims with false evidence, assisted by every important member in cabinet, continuing with a reckless and deadly assault on a nation that we have since turned into a haven for "terrorist" activities.

The answer is obviously more war, followed with international jihad. Makes a lot of sense, man. Blinding logic.

Being in the grey area isn't neutral, we're just observant. I'm obviously defending a position, declaring obvious intent to engage brilliant people like yourself in hopes you may stand outside the box and look at the situation from a different perspective, which suggests a lack of neutrality. You're viewpoint is dangerous, where ours is balanced.

Was that good for you? 'Cause it was good for me.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

They're driving outdated jeeps with "Down with America." All the while we have heavy formations of Apaches and Blackhawks flying mock sorties over my house 6 times a day. We're transporting nukes to fully active and participating air force bases. We're also seeing the same media exposure that Iraq was exposed to before the invasion of that country. How is that lacking any sense?

Just because I'm leaving your ignorant thinking in pieces, ripping it to shreds, doesn't necessarily mean I'm defending Iran. There's no reason for the invasion of anymore nations. We've already been blackmarked for our first "freedom" crusade. Instead of you seeing that, you group me with proponents of Iran.

BLINDING LOGIC once again.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Those people aren't entitled to peace, harmony, and lives because another country has obvious ulterior intentions for invading. Genius.

Hey genius, thats what is happening. Of course its not pretty right now, the aftermath of war never is however, when its over, they will have peace, harmony and better lives.

The answer is obviously more war, followed with international jihad.

Our enemy has stated publically they want to destroy America via Jihad so there will be more war. However, its not our doing, it the fault of the crazy Jihadists.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Those people aren't entitled to peace, harmony, and lives because another country has obvious ulterior intentions for invading. Genius.

Hey genius

That's where it stopped meaning anything.. The numbers I state suggest that's exactly the opposite of what's going on. And "Jihad" is a call to war, offensive or defensive. What we see here is a "Jihad" similar to the one that had taken place when the Russians invaded Afghanistan. We are westerners, building bases, "aquiring" raw materials, restraining normal actions of the citizens, and for this we are seen as an OCCUPYING force. I can't see the correlation between violence and anger directed towards us either....... ......................................................

We'd be doing ourselves a huge disservice relying on information from the most extreme and outspoken people from that region. That would be like letting the Klu Klux Klan speak for all of Georgia.

Grey area is waiting for you, little guy.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What is everyone's beef with peace and letting culture find it's own way to it. Don't even get into it with me. I'm a monster, lames.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I feel that he should be allowed to speak there and that all you guys should be down there asking him to explain his actions!

Maybe have some nice little banners for him too, then if you dont like his answers, take him out back for some gentle tazering

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see how he deals with questions from people that he cant have executed!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
From what I can tell, the University has already been thronged with protesters. Ahmadinejad isn't going to get too warm of a welcome.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
From what I can tell, the University has already been thronged with protesters. Ahmadinejad isn't going to get too warm of a welcome.

big supprise

when has a president ever got a well welcome (apart from in some countries where they were lucky)

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepCoverUK
I feel that he should be allowed to speak there and that all you guys should be down there asking him to explain his actions!

Maybe have some nice little banners for him too, then if you dont like his answers, take him out back for some gentle tazering

Seriously though, it would be interesting to see how he deals with questions from people that he cant have executed!

i would like to see this

as the saying goes
better hearing something from the horses mouth then from a 3rd party

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

4thDoctorWhoFan, There's no need for a "with us or against us" attitude. There's an entire grey area you've yet to consider.

Sorry but the middle of the road is a dangerous place and its for people who cannot make up their own mind of what is right and wrong or moral. Step up and take a side.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The Middle of the Road is respected Buddhist principle, and one you should stick with if you want to create balance.

Got a feeling that's NOT your agenda, you should be aware of it anyway.

Go ahead, stick to the steep sides of the road and your wagon will eventually tip over.

*Think!*

I'll just take care not to be in the way when it does.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
DeadFlagBlues, I see you started to get a little heated there.
anyway, I did want to say that you are right about the "jeeps" and that actually caused me to think this thought. A person or animal that is at its ends is the most dangerous. If Iran is that "desperate" then they may have very little to loose which could make them very dangerous, your thoughts?

One other thought concerning comments made about him getting battered by the questions etc. Couldn't he hope for that? Then HIS media would show how rude and belligerent Americans are just like they said we would be? In effect, the worse we are, the better propaganda for them. If we are nice and tolerant of him, that can also be spun in his favor saying our Gov't doesn't listen to its people and Iran would be freeing US by going after our Gov't. (Military).

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluehaze
DeadFlagBlues, I see you started to get a little heated there.
anyway, I did want to say that you are right about the "jeeps" and that actually caused me to think this thought. A person or animal that is at its ends is the most dangerous. If Iran is that "desperate" then they may have very little to loose which could make them very dangerous, your thoughts?

One other thought concerning comments made about him getting battered by the questions etc. Couldn't he hope for that? Then HIS media would show how rude and belligerent Americans are just like they said we would be? In effect, the worse we are, the better propaganda for them. If we are nice and tolerant of him, that can also be spun in his favor saying our Gov't doesn't listen to its people and Iran would be freeing US by going after our Gov't. (Military).

P2P. This'd be better for you and I to talk about one on one.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
First i would like to thank the "fourthdoctorwhofan" as well as "jasonmod" for all their comments.

If anyone can take a moment and re-read his reply's over the last few pages they are filled with so much quality thoughts and understanding we are lucky to have such an intelligent person posting on ats.

Never the less i am actually glad that a thread could go 10 pages on ATS while maintaining a semblance of focus on a topic, without being side tracked by
"derailing" posts, which are always better left alone.

The fox, cnn, cnbc spin is sad because that is what *some* will believe but there is a large amount of people smarter than that, who actually watched the interview (that i did this evening) can't remember the channel, but iran's president is by far a better speaker than bush and appeared to have many valid points . i will say that no politician is a saint (certainly not mister ahmadinejad) but that does not invalidate what he pointed out. ( wish there was a youtube copy of the interview up but not yet)

the strong interview ahmadinejad gave IMO definitely hurt any kind of hope to get more american's behind a war in Iran. I mean cnn, cnbc, fox all gave the spin angle. This makes sense to me, it IS not propoganda though
. Whatever the heck station i watched tonite though is either willing to let american's see this man as a person and not a monser(big mistake to get war support, especially w/ the points he made) or they have an agenda (columbia possibly) to cause more civil unrest based on dividing a nation according to beliefs about this man, or possibly even toppling the support people feel for the way this country is run, and then by association the feelings toward the country itself (allowing to a NAU) or getting "national patriotism" to wane if they see the neo-cons occupying this gov't as a reflection of what america is.

To the poster who's tag says "how can we deny ignorance if we deny reality"? Most can't and that is why many people who see perception is reality have no need for truth, unless it suits their beliefs, otherwise it just inconveience's everyone. Even if it is at the expense of supporting ideas that will kill and or injure hundreds of thousands of innocent people. That is why i speak up , because they cross the line with that sort of ignorance. Wether they are too lazy or insecure to question their own line of thinking, that is something they should work on. Nobody is perfect.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This guy will just simply quote the american left to further his islamic agenda for the right wing of Iran.......It's obvious. A 9 year old could have predicted this in my humble opinion. He's reeling on the un educated or unimformed of the US...haha too funny!

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Duyde, move to Irasn and see hoew ya like it, k

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join