It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Emergency Brodcast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I was at work today in Delray Beach Florida, and around 5:30 p.m. there was one of those emergency broadcast thingy's were the screen goes black with white letters. I was expecting to see a tornado watch or something along those lines, but this one said, "The Civil Administration Authorities have issued a warning for the following counties: Palm Beach and is effective until 7:33 p.m.". It was something along those lines, i don't remember exactly word for word. Does anybody know what this kind of broadcast is?

Thanks

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Bigjely]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigjely

Maybe it had something to do with the explosion and fire at a local apartment complex?

www.palmbeachpost.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i don't know if this helps but i found this...

1941 The Act on Regulating the Economy under Emergency Conditions entered into force in May. Until its entry into force the economy had been managed by virtue of the State of War Act. The new Act gave the civil administration authorities much more extensive powers to mobilize all economic resources. However, metal industry and transport remained subordinated to military command.

from this source

ETA: of course i think this is from finland.

[edit on 9/21/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
There have been a number of strange Emergency Broadcast "tests" in recent months.

Here are some examples:
Did You Hear The Emergency Broadcast Test Today? 07/25/07
Chicago Emergency Alert System Activated Today (6/26/07) By Presidential Code

The powers that be seem to be testing these systems irregularly lately. This is all very suspicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
At 1st I thought that it did have something to do with the explosion in deerfield but that happened at 5:30 A.m., and this was 12 hours later.. These days everything keeps on getting stranger and stranger and it seems like there is nothing that we can do about it.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Bigjely]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Last week I thought that the emergency broadcast system check was normal, then it repeated the message 3 more times in one half hour, that was very odd. I supposed that perhaps it was running tests for different types of systems...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well we're having some nasty storms come through due to
that depression out in the Gulf. There was also a plane that
crashed on I-95 today.. but I think the cause of the alert
would be the weather.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
here in seattle we have them weekly on a certain channel, cant remember what channel but it was after 1pm

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here in my part of Texas they usually run them every Wednesday at or around noon, on every channel, interrupting all programs that are currently on. But a few times this year they were eveyday and 2 or 3 times a day. I hope it is ONLY a test, and they will actually warn us of whatever disaster, and I'm glad to see the system is working nationwide.
Be safe friends!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There was an unusual emergency alert on talk radio today in Atlanta around the 1:00 p.m. hour. There was no direction, information or announcement associated with it -. just the emergency alert broadcast sound. I thought they might say it was a test or an Amber Alert but there was nothing mentioned at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Here in Missouri we had one this morning that said it was in effect until 10:00am. It was a little after 9:00am when they ran the emergency broadcast warning on the TV.

There was no explanation like a weather warning, just the visual with the text saying it was in effect until 10.

Usually the Emergency Broadcast announces itself as a test but that wasn't the case this morning. It struck me as odd, but as usual these days no follow up or explanation.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I have been hearing the same thing on the radio here in central IL. Odd times during the day I hear the alert tones but nothing else. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now and everytime I hear them, they are at different times of the day.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I'm surprised that I havnt seen that broadcast again yet, especially with the plane that crash landed on I-95 yesterday during rush hour, even though its not an emergency you would of thought that they would have put a report about it out besides on the local news telling people that I-95 is shutdown it ft.Lauderdale and is backed up to Miami.....

top topics

join