It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman Tasered 5+ Times, Plus kicked

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Should have got backup to leg shackle and hog tie her till they got her down to the station. Not repeatably tase like a dog, or less.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I am not saying she should not have been tased, from what it looks like to me it was deserved.

you cant possibly deserve to be tasered, ever. you can need to be tasered however. It was not a requirement or necessity for her to be tasered.

cuff em and stuff em boss.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is just another case of a cop using too much or the wrong force to control the situation. Please note I said cop and not NWO etc. With close to a million of them the chances of seeing some kind of wrongful use of force will continue to happen just because of the sheer numbers. The fact that a lot more doesn’t happen is because of the quality training they get.
Cops are human and will make human errors just like the rest of us.

This cop will be investigated and dealt with, and I would think he will not like the outcome.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
that's pretty svere alright.

Remind me not to go to america.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
reply to post by apc

Hell a SOME new cell phones powered by a lihtium battery has been known to kill pepole also, should we ban them too.

Yes, with the current technology most cellphone designs should be banned. Whilst the ongoing electro-magnetic interference with the brain's function is only beginning to be fully understood, it is clear that wisdom and prudence dictate the use of an EM shield such as bobbinet or the Norwegian flap caps that filter out EM if one is to use the current designs pressed up to the ear. There are different questions about the compromising of safety through the use of cellphones/mobile phones, but it is worthwhile to ban the use of cellphones except for use in emergency.

New designs of cellphones and their power sources could result in a far different assessment, but at present banning with regard to possible endangerment of human brain function is a prudent and intelligent step for public health and human welfare.

apc

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

You are acting like a 10 year old I never said or implied she deserved any thing.

Again...

Apparently this lady like some others do not feel the tazers thus deserve everything they get for not obeying the officers.

How she was acting is irrelevant. She was not attacking the officer. She deserved nothing but restraint. Last I checked shackles never killed anyone.

Please answer the question.

Would they have been justified in putting a bullet through her knee?

[edit on 22-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xout1

so he is fat, you say?
that makes him lazy?
I'm fat and just finished a 70 hr work week.
but, really, he does seem like a lazy, ignorant pig.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This is just wrong.
There is no reason to taser a women who poses no threat. Stupid police with a taste of authority is what makes society worse. There is no need. I'm angry now

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by corusso
reply to post by xout1

so he is fat, you say?
that makes him lazy?
I'm fat and just finished a 70 hr work week.
but, really, he does seem like a lazy, ignorant pig.

I call them as I see them. I didnt watch a video of you pulling a 70 hour work week. Had I watched a video of you pulling a 70 hour work week my comments might have been different.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Apparently this lady like some others do not feel the tazers thus deserve everything they get for not obeying the officers.

Apparently and They being the operative words, I never said she, live with it. On second thought strike that last remark. Yes she did deserve it she should have none better then to act violent.

How she was acting is irrelevant.

Hardly ask any police officer and with few exceptions they will all tell you the same thing their actions are relevant. Act up using a type of force, act unrational, endanger your life the list goes on and on and you get force back.

Would they have been justified in putting a bullet through her knee?

Do I look l8ke I just jumped off a turnip truck or banna boat I am not about to answer that stupid question it is not relevant as you put it.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by shots]

apc

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It is very much relevant.

You just know answering it will prove your entire argument false.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

No it is not relevant one is lethal the other is not, at least not supposed to be that is why they label them less than lethal, they are not intended to kill guns are.

[edit on 9/23/2007 by shots]

apc

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Not supposed to be.

Yet they do kill.

I can't recall the last time someone died after being shot in the knee.

So why is it not OK to use truly non-lethal force (a bullet in a non-vital location), but it is OK to use potentially lethal force (taser) in a situation where the officers are not being attacked or physically threatened in any way.

Lets hear something other than, "Well they're considered non-lethal," this time hmm?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Well you are persistant I will give you that, however I have stated how I feel and we will leave it at that. Had she done was she wwas supposed to she more then likely would not have gotten tased as much as she did ergo it is her fault end of discusion

apc

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thank you Mr. Kerry.

Will you not answer the question?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That cop was twice her size,what a freakin sissy he is,I saw video he is supposed to be trained in handling situations,he was acting like a punk,I'm appalled

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

This seems to be a normal occurrence with our officers in our country anymore. Seems people gets tasered for no reason anymore. I thought tasers was only suppose to be used if the officers life was in danger.

Instead, it is being used at the drop of a hat. What makes matters worse is the government that doesn’t do anything about it. They seem to allow and even encourage this type of behavior. Surely, when they came out with tasers they knew this was going to happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have not read all of the posts on this thread, so if I am repeating someone else’s point I apologize. It seems to me that our society is completely backwards when our law enforcement will imprison people for harming animals while the same laws allow our officers to mercilessly attack humans.

Where are the human rights groups when it comes to scenes like this? If abuse happens by our government in our own country is it off limits. Do you have to be in Africa or the Middle East to come into the radar for outrage?

In the same backwards light, if this officer had been filmed using that stun gun on his own dog act home, he would probably be out of a job today and likely in jail or on his way to prison.

Innocent until proven guilty, to protect and serve; none of these things seem to mean much in our country any more.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wow, this is going toooo far. Last year or so a local mentally ill/retarded man was tasered to death. He had health probs that lead to his demise from the tazering. Now that cops can tazer freely, insead of being more caucious with shooting, they are going mad!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ok, the cop is guilty from what I have seen on the video give him the boot. But has anyone noticed that cop is very overweight. I noticed this also in a couple of other videos as well as at my local airport. These guys are all very overweight considering what their job profession is. Is their any regulations to keep these officers is shape. This is like the 5th video this week I have seen with Fat cops tazering someone.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join