It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Woman Tasered 5+ Times, Plus kicked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Another incident of police brutality using tasers on an Ohio woman, check out this video:

www.youtube.com...

(I couldn't find a video that is able to show up on this page)

--Minnie

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by minnie

Great post Minni, thanks for pointing this out

I figured I would embed this since it shows an unbelievable situation.

He was using a taser to forcer to move from one car to another, this is pure torture and no different then a cattle prod.

He was pissed she broke window in first car (allegitly broke window) and so he led her around like a dog at the end of his taser leash.
National news broadcast says she broke window. This site says

"who had been ordered out of a bar, kicked at a rear window and tried to climb into the front seat once she was inside the cruiser"
www3.whdh.com...

Media changed officers report that she kicked at window to she kicked out window. Listen to what the reporter says at end of clip.

It is changed to a report that would have evidence, under this real telling of the story, he may have made up all bad behvior inside of patrol car. Someone listening to news broadcast immediatly believes there is proof she was kicking out windows. More media spin to protect authority, or a simple teleprompter mistake...

Warren Ohio contact info and home page
www.warren.org...

Mod Edit: Removed phone numbers. Anyone withing to contact the administration in Warren, Ohio, can do so via the link above.
[edit on 21-9-2007 by Redge777]

[edit on 21-9-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Thanks for embeding the video for me Redge

Yeah, they shouldnt be allowed to torture people just because they feel like it.

--Minnie

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Its over, NWO is cracking down....

thanks for the vid minnie!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
Its over, NWO is cracking down....

thanks for the vid minnie!

It is over all right, there tactics are being revealed to millions. People will not stand for this obvious torture.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thats crazy. That did seem totally over the top.

Thankfully tasers arent part of normal police equipment here......yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yup that situation was totally messed up. Seen it at few times. Hard to look at. "Want fries with that".

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Taser is not a verb. What happens is electrocution.

The taser is an instrument of torture based on the principle of inflicting debilitating pain through electrocution so that the recipient of the electrocution becomes compliant and obedient fearing additional torture by taser.

Very simply, ban the taser.

Ban the taser before it is used on your children, your parents and yourselves.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

The taser is an instrument of torture based on the principle of inflicting debilitating pain through electrocution so that the recipient of the electrocution becomes compliant and obedient fearing additional torture by taser.

Very simply, ban the taser.

Ban the taser before it is used on your children, your parents and yourselves.

point taken on definision, it should be seen for what it is.

I do not agree with banning, I do not believe the problem is the weapon, it is the thought process from the new training that supports torture.

I can think of ligitamite reasons for tasers to exist. I do not believe those are the reasons being taught. If used to protect by incapacitating a person meaning to do harm that is one thing,

If used to force compliance through torture that is bad.
One use is to dibilitate a person to allow securing an individual, the other is to use torture to force a person to do what another says they should, regardless if it is morally or socially the right thing to do or not.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I might have to make me a home made version that shoots 1000 darts with 500,000 volts with a spread distance of 25ft at 100 yard. Each dart will have 2 barbed points with 2 lead wires encased in a single wire solution per dart.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
ok lets look at this as if it was reported correctly.

Lets say she was arrested, she was placed in a cop car and she kicked out a window. Lets (for the sake of argument) say it is a fact.

My first question would have to be, what window did she kick out to get into the front seat? That could ONLY be the partition inside the car and thats not exactly what I call a "window" nor do I think it is very possible to kick that out from the backseat. To my knowledge it is bolted in from the back so to kick it out you would have to kick from the front seat.

Ok, but lets say she kicked out another window and needed to be transfered. Lets suppose she was violent and needed to be hit with a tazer. The video starts and she is already being tazed. The cop tells her to get down, you hear her say yes and go to the ground. The cop is holding down the tazer and continuing to electracute her. Once she complies he is supposed to stop. Instead he holds down the trigger and tells her to get on her back, you hear her say yes and comply and he is still holding down the trigger.

Anyway you want to spin it, this cop crossed the line. This is torture. Even if she deserved to be tazed (and we do not know so lets assume that part was justified) once she complies with his orders he is supposed to stop. The point of the tazer is control a situation without using "lethal" force. He had complete control, yet he held the trigger down until she falls down and cracks her head on the car.

With so many of these stories coming out I have to wonder if "excessive force" is just a thing of the past which no longer applies. Maybe it is just the new slogan... America 2007- There's no such thing as excessive force!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
I might have to make me a home made version that shoots 1000 darts with 500,000 volts with a spread distance of 25ft at 100 yard. Each dart will have 2 barbed points with 2 lead wires encased in a single wire solution per dart.

I chuckled at this.

Seriously what would happen if someone is hit with two or three tasers? if parrallel the voltage would double, but if it works in series wouldn't the amps double, and it is the amps that kill you right?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This is terrible. Completely out of order. I'm getting fed up reading stories about US cops misusing tasers on a daily basis.

When they started giving them to the police here in the UK I was against it. I've heard a few stories of misuse but not anything near as bad as in the US, and especially Ohio for some reason. Maybe it's because it's not getting reported here. Certainly there's no video evidence like you get in the US. Man, take them off these cops!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
You guys are going to LOVE this one.......

CNN is heavily covering this story. The talking head just reported that "according to the report filed by the officer, his tazer repeatedly misfired during the incident"

To the credit of the talking head, her smile and rolling eyes gave the impression that she was not buying that story at all.

Also reported, this officer is on PAID administrative leave.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Disgusting. Truly disgusting. I too am getting sick of reading/hearing about cops abusing the taser.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by section8citizen

Woot Woot, I do love that, thanks for the update, I am so glad CNN got a pair, and am just elated when a news caster gives an expression of free thought.

I just saw a clip from John Stewart, 4 news casters all asked why everyone loves to watch OJ, the last one added, you would think something else that is important might be going on in the world.
Wham kick it up a notch

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The kicking window question was cleared up. this thread has a CNN piece on this tasering.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I apologize in advance but I have to say in all honesty, she got what was coming to her. One cant get drunk and act like an idiot when in custody of the police. People need to start realizing this and have a little more respect for police officers. Their job is hard enough as it is.
On a good note, since she was a white woman, the poor officer will most likely be not charged with anything.
Tazers rule!!!
"Hit her again!!"

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

Technically it's not electrocution because there is no amperage, as someone mentioned above. It's shock.

Just trying to straighten out the terminology.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
You guys are going to LOVE this one.......

CNN is heavily covering this story. The talking head just reported that "according to the report filed by the officer, his tazer repeatedly misfired during the incident"
Also reported, this officer is on PAID administrative leave.

Yeah it "misfired" because she shouldn't have been able to get up and walk after the first hit! HA! that is probaly why he let her have it again, the batteries were kinda weak!
And honestly I've been tagged with one, it doesn't hurt enough to scream and cry like a little baby. It just startles you thats all.

And that he is on "administrative leave" just means "until things cool down a bit" he'll be back with a fresh tazer in a couple of weeks
and we'll be back to hearing about lindsay's latest drunk binge.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by josephus maximus]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join