It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German U-Boot ( Myths and stories )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Kptlt. Otto Oscar Schneider on US secret projects
There is a story floating around that this said U-boat commander worked on some highly classified US National Secrets after the war. I believe he is reported to have been a commander of a VIIC or IXC U-boat in the Atlantic during the war.
The simple answer to this one is that there was no U-boat commander in WWII with that name. Only 2 commanders with that last name in the war; Herbert Schneider died while in command of U-522 and Manfred Schneider only commander the small XXIII boat U-4706 for the last 3 months of the war, never on patrol. This story is just that, a story.

uboat.net...

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Did you hear the story of the U boat that surfaced in a Scottish loch only a few years ago?

The crew had been waiting there for a signal from Germany about when to attack. Every now and then one of them would come to shore to buy stuff (what with I don�t know!).

This was in the same newspaper that ran a story about a rubber plant growing condoms�

posted on Dec, 7 2002 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ya apparently they found a u-boat that had been scuttled in USA waters close to shore

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 04:47 AM
link   
The Director, could you provide a link please ? Thx.

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 10:57 PM
link   
German U-boats did more than just get scuttled off the shores of the USA. One was responsible for destroying a WW1 era destroyer in a NJ harbor killing I think 300, in 1944 or 45 not sure which. And U-boats could be seen off the coasts of the eastern sea-board through out the whole war, but no one went around spreading panic, and the government didn't admitt to this till later.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ultra_phoenix, I don't have a link but I'll se if i can scan the article in and up load it!

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok, its a BIG file, and I wouldn't believe it if I was you!

Lock Ness monster is Nazi U-Boat

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I remember hearing something about a U-Boat docking itself off the coast of Long Island (Between Montauk and The Hamptons.) Nazis ran on shore and they were carrying explosives or something, they were going to blow up the bridges in NYC. They were caught though; this could be what F16 Falcon is talking about.

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Thanks The Director. Nice link.

Do you know the newspaper name and the date ?

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The "newspaper" is the Sunday Sport, a tabloid, so not a very reliable source. I would put the date somewhere around 1995, as I seem to remember a similar story emerging at that time

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Yep, thats the one. It also reported about thw WWII bomber that was sent to the moon...

posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Director
Yep, thats the one. It also reported about thw WWII bomber that was sent to the moon...

What ?
So, after the war, uncle Adolf went to the moon ?

Stupids tabloids.

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some of those "myths" are true.. and some "reasoning" wrong at that list:
There wasnt a one U-Boat in Pacific, but a SQUADRON of U-boats.. and at least one of these used "SPOTTING HELICOPTER"

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Fulcrum, there wernt any UBoats with with planes, let alone helos. I have heard they were in the Pacific too, maybe not a whole squadron, but some.

Apparantly one went down to New Zealand where the skipper popped off the boat and stole a bottle of milk from a farm house.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How has it been proven beyond a doubt that Hitler is dead?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

DeltaNine
Fulcrum, there wernt any UBoats with with planes, let alone helos. I have heard they were in the Pacific too, maybe not a whole squadron, but some.

Apparantly one went down to New Zealand where the skipper popped off the boat and stole a bottle of milk from a farm house.

U-862 patrolled New Zealand waters in 1945 and Australian waters, sinking Robert J Walker off Sydney Christmas Eve 1944 anmd attacking the tanker Illosis near Adelaide in November 1944.

U-196 was also ordered to patrol Australian waters in a voyage to Kobe, Japan from Djakarta.

Several German operated Italian boats, UIT-24 and UIT-25 kept up a regular cargo shuttle from Singapore to Japan. Papers found on the U-534 raised in the Baltic ordered her to the Lena river delta Uboat base in the high Soviet Arctic, then to proceed to Japan.

At least one U-boat was ordered to embark members of Japan's Unit 731 and make a biological warfare attack on the US forces at Leyte Gulf. Sorry struggling to recall her number as I write.

top topics

join