It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perversion within evolution - straying from humanoid's ultimate form?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know since the beginning of mankind, there are always a few oddballs. You know, the insane, the deformed, the handicapped. (rough lingo, sorry)

But watching news, and seeing my surroundings, I work in a very conservative financial institution, and yet I know, I'm surrounded by homosexuals, out of closet and in. And who knows how many pedophiles are around me?

These are very touchy and ehem, "tough" subjects, but human are very basic sexual animals, as much as we cover it up with clothes and polite appearances. We do it as pleasure and for need to extend human lives perpetuation.

If the theory of evolution prescribe a path of procreation, of survival, I would say, humans that participate in the acts, or only have desires and instinct to participate with partners that does not qualify as "procreation partners" are outside of the evolutionary specimens.
If you see animals, they are the most exemplary species of evolutionary principle of survival. They live to survive, and you rarely see sexual perversion among them.

Or are they actually the indicating specimen of where we are going next?

I will get on a very dangerous territory here of categorizing "out of the norm" sexual human types:

A. The homosexuals.
B. The bi-sexuals.
C. The pedophiles, both gay and straight types. (sex with child too young can't yield off spring)
D. The asexuals (frigid, no desires)
E. The steriles (unable to be fertile)
E. Others (use your imagination)

You might think there aren't many of these enough to significant compared to the larger normal specimen, but I think if there are an anonymous and accurate comprehensive list, the numbers of those outside of the "norm" will surprise many people.

So the question is: Is nature, or "evolution" slowly but surely turning human into non-procreating species? Or at least not naturally able to do so in the future.

Is it a form of "natural and genetic" population control? Is there a code hidden within human that switch part of us to be non-productive? I mean, we are definitely NOT going the other way, which is to have men be able to carry a child, or to have women able to produce semen.

Or is this all part of a much more sinister evolutionary trajectory?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
So the question is: Is nature, or "evolution" slowly but surely turning human into non-procreating species? Or at least not naturally able to do so in the future.

Is it a form of "natural and genetic" population control? Is there a code hidden within human that switch part of us to be non-productive? I mean, we are definitely NOT going the other way, which is to have men be able to carry a child, or to have women able to produce semen.

Or is this all part of a much more sinister evolutionary trajectory?

I think that there have always been homosexuals, bisexuals, pedophiles, etc, etc. as far back as humans have existed. The main difference is that it either was simply not talked about, or it was considered normal and thus there was no need to talk about it. There have been times throughout history where pedophilia was considered normal and it was a given that a grown man would have a young boy for a lover. It was normal for the ancient Greeks if I'm not mistaken. (Could have the wrong group of people there so don't take my word on it!)

Could it be a natural form of population control? I suppose it's possible. But isn't it just as possible that it is simply the way some people are born, for no reason other than that's how, and who, they are?

As for men giving birth and women having semen, I would draw your attention to hermaphrodites. It's entirely possible for someone who has what appears to be male genitalia to get pregnant and have a child, and for someone who has what appears to be female genitalia to be able to produce semen.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I used to own a dog called Randy. He lived up to his name very well.
The lack of females in his life meant that he would hump legs, and inanimate objects like footballs.

Animals are just like people. They have a sex drive. It's not a very precise, "intelligent" mechanism. Usually it gets attached to a desire for the opposite sex, but it can easily find itself attached to anything else available.
Horse and Cattle breeders take advantage of that all the time.

As far as evolution and generational life functioning, the sex drive only has to work well enough to do the job. If it mis-fires now and again, it doesn't wreck the overall system.

And yes, animals can be homosexual... a quick google will give you plenty of examples.

And no, I don't like at all the direction you were taking it.
Getting hangups about the sexuality of your workmates aint all that healthy.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If the theory of evolution prescribe a path of procreation, of survival, I would say, humans that participate in the acts, or only have desires and instinct to participate with partners that does not qualify as "procreation partners" are outside of the evolutionary specimens.

This is complete and utter crap, and shows a near total lack of understanding of the theory and process of evolution.

Let's begin with the idea that animals don't engage in recreational sex (As in without any procreational use). Just take a moment to google Bonobo Chimpanzees. They use sexual encounters, both hetero and homosexual as a kind of social bonding ritual. This is just one example of "deviant" sexual behaviour amongst animals.

Now consider that like some other animals, humans have the ability to use sex as a bonding tool, wouldn't this have an evolutionary utility? The answer is, yes it can.

You also need to stop confusing desire with ability. There are numerous men who have been in committed heterosexual relationships, had children, and only later in life admitted that they were attracted to other men. If they come out of the closet (either as gay or bi) the simple fact is that they have still procreated and produced.

Another simple fact is that homosexuality, bi-sexuality, pedophilia, and a great many other "deviant" behaviours have been with us as long as we have been on this planet.

So no, the fact that Homosexuality happens among human beings is not a sign that Humanity is slowly removing itself from the evolutionary chain of life.

top topics

join