It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to speak in Roswell on Thursday (tom.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've brought this up elsewhere... but I'm also posting it here because I want as many people as possible to listen to Bush tomorrow... in ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO.

We've all heard Reagan's old "what if humanity was confronted by extraterrestrials..?" speech, but did you know that one of his first recorded utterances of it was in front of the old AAF hanger, at Roswell, that is rumored to have stored the crashed disc in 1947? While campaigning for Senator Schmitt in the 80s, Reagan dropped this into his speech at the civilianized airfield... years before the Roswell story became a household legend. Was he sending a signal to 'those in the know'? Some think so.

So... if you can, try to listen in on Bush's speech for any messages targeted at the insiders.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I imagine he'll only be bringing up Moon/Mars exploration, but I will be intent on finding out exactly what he says there.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Was Reagan's speech from 1984? Found this on Bush's visit.

"BUSH�S VISIT IS THE FIRST FROM A SITTING PRESIDENT SINCE RONALD REAGAN VISITED DURING HIS 1984 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN."

www.roswellradio.org...

I doubt he will be speaking from a hangar though.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Forgot to mention that Charles Huffer guy. (the guy that Bush made a promise to about telling him the truth about ufos)

Supposedly Bush's promise is still valid, so maybe he let's the cat out of the bag on this trip? I doubt it, but I expect George to speak about this at some point. Maybe it'll just be to the Charles Huffer one on one. I sure hope not.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Considering what Huffer does, I think there is a pretty big chance that Bush was just making fun of him.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What time does this come on? I'm curious because i might miss it since i have school and a basketball game...

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Make sure you guys let all us ATSers not in the states know if anything interesting happens at all

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm sure that this will be interesting- thanks for the post, I will watch tommorow with great curiosity.
Given every thing else we have been hearing recently, there is no teling what he will say. What a moment and place for possible disclosure, eh?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I wish the government would just go ahead and tell the truth. If it is true that we have discovered intelligent life outside of earth, I think they should tell us. How do they know that the whole world will go crazy? I'm sure it would, but who knows? I wouldn't be a bit scared or affected by it. It would just push me to learn more about it. I hope Bush does speak of Aliens in his Speech. I mean, why not, if your going to talk about your Space program, talk about ET life?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yeah, thanks for the heads up. I will watch closely, maybe he'll be sending subliminal messages. Is he there solely to address the space issue?

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
From Roswell Radio, Inc.

PRESIDENT BUSH COMING TO ROSWELL-MORE

(January 19, 2004 19:25 Roswell Radio, Inc.)
SOME DETAILS HAVE BECOME AVAILABLE IN REGARDS TO PRESIDENT BUSH�S VISIT TO ROSWELL ON THURSDAY. THE WHITE HOUSE SAYS IT�S AN OFFICIAL, NOT A POLITICAL VISIT. THE PRESIDENT PLANS TO SPEAK ABOUT THEMES FROM HIS STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS. HE WILL ARRIVE AT THE AIR CENTER THURSDAY MORNING AND BE CONVEYED BY LIMOUSINE TO THE ROSWELL CONVENTION AND CIVIC CENTER. SUPPORT VEHICLES ARE EXPECTED TO ARRIVE THE PREVIOUS DAY. CONVENTION CENTER DIRECTOR DUSTY HUCKABEE SAYS THAT FEDERAL AGENTS HAVE BEEN OCCUPYING THE CENTER SINCE SATURDAY. HE SAYS THE MAIN ROOM HAS BEEN VIRTUALLY GUTTED. HE SAYS THE SPEAKERS AND THE FLAGS HAVE BEEN TAKEN DOWN. HUCKABEE SAYS THAT 16-HUNDRED TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO HEAR THE PRESIDENT�S 30 TO 45 MINUTE SPEECH. IT�S NOT COMPLETELY CLEAR YET HOW THOSE TICKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED.

MAYOR BILL OWEN SAYS THE VISIT WILL BE A SUBJECT OF CONVERSATION FOR YEARS TO COME. HE CALLS THE VISIT, �HUGE�. WHEN ASKED WHY ROSWELL, MAYOR OWEN SAID, �WHY NOT ROSWELL? AND WHO CARES WHY THE PRESIDENT CHOSE ROSWELL.� OWEN SAYS IT�S OUTSTANDING THAT ROSWELL WAS CHOSEN.

A WHITE HOUSE SPOKESMAN SAYS THAT THE ROSWELL STOP IS ONE OF SEVERAL STOPS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTRY THAT THE PRESIDENT IS MAKING TO EXPAND ON HIS STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS, WHICH HE WILL DELIVER TUESDAY NIGHT.

BUSH�S VISIT IS THE FIRST FROM AN ACTIVE PRESIDENT SINCE RONALD REAGAN VISITED DURING HIS 1984 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.

e-mail: [email protected]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would really like to know what is said if anything is of value.

I may not be able to catch this so please post everything here!

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Journey
From Roswell Radio, Inc.

PRESIDENT BUSH COMING TO ROSWELL-MORE

e-mail: [email protected]

Does anyone know what time this is going to be?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I will try to hear what he says. I imagine it will be too crowded to try to attend. I just found out about it now.

I will post it ASAP. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Any news about Bush's speach?
I didn't hear anything on the news until now...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I expect that he will drop some kind of hint' for the time being like Reagan did before.

This could be really exciting especially since the public mind is already focused on space exploration these days!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Here is a transcript of Bush's speech:
www.whitehouse.gov...
He doesn't make any Reaganesque comments regarding ETs, but he did start off with a UFO joke and, at the end, saluted the servicemen at Holloman AFB-- a place where the alleged first 'official' contact between humans and aliens began.

also, here he is ordering ribs:
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I will have to read those transcripts. The attendance was by invitation only. Unfortunately, I didn't get an invitation.
He joked a bit about Airforce 1 being a UFO, and that our mayor should fix the potholes.
(We ARE fixing the streets.)
Apparently, nothing really unusual was said.
I have eaten in "Nothin' Fancy". It is a nice restaurant.
Richard Hoagland was just on Coast to Coast. He seems to feel that the Spirit Rover's failure and Bush's trip to Roswell were somehow connected.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
We here in Roswell didn't hear the whole speech on TV, either. We only got bits and pieces. The first few minutes were televised, though.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hoagland's such a loony.

join