It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Cigarettes Make You Immune?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Okay, I know this is far fetched but its just a thought... here me out...

Let's say that tobacco has some kind of chemical in it that causes you to be immune to some kind of agent that the ptb are spreading around in the... oh what are they called??? chem trails or something. and that is why the govt is coming down so hard on smoking and second hand smoke.... etc.

i knows its improbable but its just a thought.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You have these hairs that grow in your lung passage that filters particles so when you cough you can excrete them. A person who smokes loose those filtering hairs and so the smoker breaths in particles. Your better off not smoking. I need to quite myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I find that highly unlikely. I think if the tobacco company's would be quite willing to go along with the goverment. they would just find another chemical to replace it. Plus most smokers die off just fine without any help from nefarious goverment activities.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Mate I hope you are right, ill be the healthiest person in the world if thats the case!
But seriously, i have smoked for 11 years and i do not feel any major effects, i can run and exercise as well as a non smoker and i have had no health problems whatsoever.
Not saying that it isnt bad, but you always see some old lady die at 90 years old from natural causes who has been smoking a packet a day for 50 years and never had a problem.
Then on the other hand there are people who are fitness freaks, weigh their food, do everything by the book and they die at 40 from lung cancer.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
You have these hairs that grow in your lung passage that filters particles so when you cough you can excrete them. A person who smokes loose those filtering hairs and so the smoker breaths in particles. Your better off not smoking. I need to quite myself.

Okay, well lets say that those hairs are what keeps in the poisonous agent.

I know its unlikely but isn't this category about brainstorming?

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Cigarette Smoking Prevents abduction by reptoids.

Smoking Cigarettes Prevents Abduction.
If you would like to keep from being eaten by a Reptoid, you should eat
at lot of foods with preservatives in them, coffee and cokes and smoke
cigarettes.

Somehow when I watch movies and television about alien abductions, I've never seen a big ashtray in the room where the aliens arrive. So consider having a pack handy before reptoids and others seek to take you to their laboratory that looks like a dentist office.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
wow... so i'm on to something. i knew it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
LOL I guess you are!

Yeah, hmmm.....thats a very interesting theory you got there. And for a smoker here to say that he's just as healthy as a non-smoker seems to intrigue me that smoking ciggaretters isnt all that bad!

Hmmm, tis something to ponder: effects of smoking actually helps?!?

Thanks for that theory of yours, and no its not stupid at all. Its very intricate possibly to say the least.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I like the idea! Maybe another idea is that ciggerettes are killing the slaves too fast...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Sure, smoking is bad but so is 90% of what we do in our every day life and those fitness and health nuts are no different to me than the holier than thou types. I've quit smoking and didn't notice much of a difference, though I did remember why I started smoking.

Food is by far more addictive and harmful than tobacco. I went on a diet and about a week later i felt better all around. I had a burger from Wendy's about a week ago and right now I'm craving another one. I can go for months without a Whopper but if I even eat one I'll get cravings for a week or more afterwards.

Anyways, back on topic. My personal feeling is that this crusade against smoking is more about getting people to vilify, demonize, and turn against their fellow citizens for a fairly arbitrary reason. If anything, I believe smoking pot works quite well to ward off propaganda induced brainwashing (not that I'm promoting the use of pot).

The government certainly has no problem accepting mounds of cash from the tobacco companies who in turn sell you the nicotine patch which is pretty much like going from Heroin to Methadone. It's really just a sick game they're playing with us.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ever read this?

Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer

Interesting theory for the skunks around here.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have always thought that smoking could protect from Asbestos.
since smoke contains alot of tar, this would coat the lungs and protect them from the fiber attaching to the tissue. the asbestos fiber would then be coated and attached to tar from the smoking of cigarettes and the body could someday
expel the tarry mass and the asbestos with it. The tar would encapsulate the fiber and protect the delicate lung tissue.

this will only work if the exposure to asbestos was after the heavy and continued use of smokable tobacco.
just at thought...

p.s. I do not smoke

[edit on 21-9-2007 by 1freelectron]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
always wondered the use in many rituals.
also wondered if people got cancer after they quite at a higher rate. I read some large theory which oddly made sense. Almost your body adapts and works in reverse when you quite or something of the sorts.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey,

My daughter is a senior in graphic design at a major University. They had the top adveertizing gurus in for a session. They claim that anti-cigarette campaigns are designed to keep people smoking and to encourage new users...Go figure.. Ah, that subconscious mind of ours.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well the whole theory could explan why I had to drive 20 min to find the one place in this town without a no smoking sign. when i arrived there was about 25 other smokers there, and cops, somthing fishey is going on, almost like were being herded.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes I have the feeling that the NWO doesn't want us to smoke. They don't want you to eat meat either. So please follow my lead, and start smoking if you don't already, and eat steak 3 times a day. This is a good way to fight the NWO.

I really think that if we are part of some sort of crop to be harvested and consumed by aliens, it is possible that smokers don't taste as good as non-smokers. So you really might be saving your self by smoking.

Also don't let them fool you about other stuff either.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Funny. I'm a smoker, come from a long line of them, my kin seem to die in their 80s. One Aunt who didn't smoke, died of cancer in her early 70s, man, was she pissed that she was the one that got cancer, go figure.

Years ago, I heard the aliens don't abduct smokers idea, I laughed, but then I wondered...

I don't know why there is such an intense program to make us quit, I don't smoke around kids or in any place that prefers me not to.

Years ago a surgeon made a mistake while performing surgery on me, it was traumatic and I woke covered with bags, drains, tubes and a huge open wound. Nurses came to my house daily while I recovered, they all insisted I quit smoking or else the wound would not heal, yet they were often amazed at how quickly I healed.

I think health has far more to do with attitude than many would believe.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Those filtering hairs are called cilia and you don't lose them, you just paralyze them temporarily.

Personal opinion on why government is coming down so hard on cigarette smoking is that the gun lobbyists are heavily funded/supported by the tobacco industry and if you can't hit the gun industry directly, hit their pocket book.

Our government is offering tax incentives for fat people to lose weight. If you're 100 pounds over ideal body weight, you can have your weight watchers and your gym membership tax deductible. The same offer is not being made to smokers for their hypnosis, nicorette gum, etc. Apparently our government knows which group is costing more money and it's not the smokers.

With all the school shootings and gang gun violence being publicized on the TV, people are afraid to own guns or to tell people they own guns. Most people who do own guns don't go to the gun range on a regular basis and practice with them. There's a whole other thread about smoking where I've already had my rant so I won't bore you with it here but you may be onto something.

Way to think outside the box. I don't believe it's true but it's still original thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I neither believe nor disbelieve alien theories, they fall into that philosophical conundrum where you cannot prove nor disprove. But I read somewhere that grays are the alien group that feeds off humans and that they either dislike or are harmed by nicotine.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I know they have a tendancy to make you "immune" at random breath testing stations for alcohol!

new topics

top topics

join