It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I found this thing on the artbell website the guy says that he found it a few years back wierd thing to say the least

looks like somekinda fossil but of what any ideas??

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am no scientist, but im going with a fossilized sea organism from pre-historic period

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The following was the description given by the man who discovered it.

This object was found approx 15 yrs ago in the Tiffin River bed in NW Ohio, Defiance County. It is made of some sort of unidentified synthetic material and weighs about 15-20 lbs. It has, what appears to be melt marks on one side,and score marks on the other. It does float however. The tentacle looking tubes are non movable and are solid. Some appear to have been broken off. Could this be space debris? Anyone have have an idea of what this could be?

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Here is a comment sent in by one of the readers:

"I've worked in the automotive industry before and seen similar patterns. This appears to be excess plastic from a mold used to make parts."
--Mark B.

I've never seen anything like it before. It looks to me from the 3rd picture it might be man-made, it looks like plastic.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

It looks to me from the 3rd picture it might be man-made, it looks like plastic.

Me too

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I cant tell what the heck that is, but i'd say it looks like a shell of some sort in that last picture. Maybe a fossilized sea creature. But there is also the possibilitie that the thing is man made. Some people will do anything for attention.

link   
I cant tell what the heck that is, but i'd say it looks like a shell of some sort in that last picture. Maybe a fossilized sea creature. But there is also the possibilitie that the thing is man made. Some people will do anything for attention.

link   
I think that I would agree with the quote in ProudAmerican's post. It does look like something from a mould shop. I used to work in a factory years ago where they made plastic parts and you would get some really weird and wonderful reject shapes produced by the machines.

link   
[Edited on 21-1-2004 by pantha]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
I am no scientist, but im going with a fossilized sea organism from pre-historic period

exactly

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My buddy Joe Dirt says its a "space peanut"

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If it floats, there may be a chance that its hollow. Who knows, maybe theres something inside. I would crack it open if I were him.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Unidentified synthetic material- not man made. The only possibility is that it maybe underwent some chemical changes and we simply don't know what it was.

Prehistoric creature- not likely, the dome part looks like it might have been a bone structure, but the organic parts would have been deteriorated long ago.

My guess is that it is space junk, something from aliens a long time ago. It kinda looks like it belongs to a biomechanical suit. But that is just my creative self. Some people will do anything to get attention.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it's not a fossil. It is probally a mold. It might not be, but it's certainly no fossil. Rocks don't float too well.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
Unidentified synthetic material- not man made. The only possibility is that it maybe underwent some chemical changes and we simply don't know what it was.

Unidentified just means that they don't know what it was yet, maybe they didn't even test it. It would still be unidentified then. It could be man-made and if it wasn't, wouldn't they call it an unknown material instead of a unidentified material?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
its an egg from aliens the queen alien wants her babies back

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
you know it looks alot like a great big brain and those white tube things look like connectors to the brain? if it were thats one #ing scary alien brain! means they so exist and are very powerful.

new topics

top topics

join